Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Quarters - Robert Duncan>

Robert laughed at her jests as he was dragged into the room, not that he was exactly kicking and screaming against the chance to catch up. "Yea, Big tough military types." He smiled, taking a seat on the bed as she freshened up.

Hmmm...The blond, Now if it were anyone else I'd say you'd have to be a little more specific, but let's just leave it at "We had our differences" He mimed the quotes around the phrase "I thought we'd be together forever, she felt differently. Guess she figured she'd have a better chance with the marine she fell in with after that."

He leaned down, picking a discarded item of clothing off the floor and tossing it at her as she came back into the room. "I see some things never change" He laughed again, the most he had laughed in the last seven months. The only times he had laughed genuinely in the last seven months, had been in the last few minutes.

"As for what has been going on with me, professionally I guess some of it is a little obvious, I got picked for the -302 program shortly after flight school, guess it was probably because of my record mostly. That's why as soon as I finished that training program I was sent here, probably thought I could fill more roles then just a pilot, not that I have had much chance to do, well anything, lately. He stared across the room at her, still in complete shock.

"I just can't believe it Emm, I can't believe its really you."

Comment

Surprise!

"She didn't deserve forever with you." Emma had never held back her disapproval of the woman. Her eyes flared as she reminisced with her memories. "You should have let me taken care of that night when I wanted to. A little trip out to the alley." The anger for said blond was apparent in the raising of her voice. She gave a small pout as she looked over to her friend. Reaching out to take his hand into hers. "I am sorry your heart is hurting." It was clear by looking into the man's eyes and hearing the angst in his voice that he wasn't over the woman.

As the pants to her BDU's flew to their new destination, LuBan flushed and then grinned. Again batting her eyes, this time in innocence. "Moi?" Oh, she had changed. In ways that she wasn't sure she wanted to share with anyone. She wondered why she had ever shared them event with Doc. Fine friend he had turned out to be. On a team and not a word.

She caught glimplse of her bra on the floor below her dangling toes and discreetly slid it under the bed as she continued. "The 302 program!" It had been something she had coveted but, the General had had other ideas. There had been promises. That was all a moot point now. "So the powers that be finally came to their senses." She sighed, "No off world missions yet? An SG team position?"

She joined into the silence and relished the moment. A warmth washed over her when he called her Emm. She bent across to kiss the man on the forehead. "I missed you Bobby." A small ruffle of the hair followed.

teehee!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by aintright View Post
        Surprise!

"She didn't deserve forever with you." Emma had never held back her disapproval of the woman. Her eyes flared as she reminisced with her memories. "You should have let me taken care of that night when I wanted to. A little trip out to the alley." The anger for said blond was apparent in the raising of her voice. She gave a small pout as she looked over to her friend. Reaching out to take his hand into hers. "I am sorry your heart is hurting." It was clear by looking into the man's eyes and hearing the angst in his voice that he wasn't over the woman.

As the pants to her BDU's flew to their new destination, LuBan flushed and then grinned. Again batting her eyes, this time in innocence. "Moi?" Oh, she had changed. In ways that she wasn't sure she wanted to share with anyone. She wondered why she had ever shared them event with Doc. Fine friend he had turned out to be. On a team and not a word.

She caught glimplse of her bra on the floor below her dangling toes and discreetly slid it under the bed as she continued. "The 302 program!" It had been something she had coveted but, the General had had other ideas. There had been promises. That was all a moot point now. "So the powers that be finally came to their senses." She sighed, "No off world missions yet? An SG team position?"

She joined into the silence and relished the moment. A warmth washed over her when he called her Emm. She bent across to kiss the man on the forehead. "I missed you Bobby." A small ruffle of the hair followed.

teehee!!

Robert smiled at the comments about his ex, knowing full well that Emma had never liked her, quite the opposite actually, he knew she Loathed the woman. It's okay Emm, It doesn't hurt anymore, not for her at least" He tried to smile, but memories from the last seven months of solitude flashed through his memory, causing the smile to remain hidden.

"Yup, I'd never have believed that all of these things had happened if I hadn't lived them. Can you believe it, Me, a pilot in the governments most secret program, and living on another planet?!? Sometimes it all still feels surreal, like a dream. Then I start to remember everything and it turns to reality, which on some days feels more like a nightmare..." His voice trailed off, cold, distant. Trying not to feel pain during such a happy occasion as this. "No, no team slot yet, I've been waiting for a sign that everything was going to be okay before I committed myself to something further then flying the -302, and I think I may have found it."

As he spoke of lives, and lost opportunities, and dreams a thought occurred to him, something he needed to say aloud, before he forgot. Taking her hand in his, he stared into her eyes. "Emm, I'm so sorry for not being there when you needed me, I was here, and so caught up in adjusting to living on another planet...The email didn't even come through till a month late. I'm so sorry..."

Comment

Surprise! <<Quarters Captain LuBan

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
          Robert smiled at the comments about his ex, knowing full well that Emma had never liked her, quite the opposite actually, he knew she Loathed the woman. It's okay Emm, It doesn't hurt anymore, not for her at least" He tried to smile, but memories from the last seven months of solitude flashed through his memory, causing the smile to remain hidden.
          The big greens flashed as the anger inched the blood pressure upwards. If that blond was her and now she would be bits and pieces. No one messed with her Bobby and walked away in one piece. "So, is she here?" It was the most humane way for her to ask the question that everyone was asking yet, no one wanted to. Her eyes searched the angst covered face for a glimpse of where he really was with this. "You know Bobby, you always were a terrible liar." Her lips pouted as there was a slight cock of the head. Her tone had taken on that of a scolding mother.

"Yup, I'd never have believed that all of these things had happened if I hadn't lived them. Can you believe it, Me, a pilot in the governments most secret program, and living on another planet?!?

"I can believe you can be anything you want. There is only one pilot better." A snicker followed as she prompted him in jest. He had always bragged on her superior flight skills. Just because of her rank and schooling. She had never been so naive to not recognize his natural talent. They were pretty much neck in neck on their skills. Of course there had been that one time that she had kicked his butt in a flight training mission. And, well she had never let him live it down. But, there was no one else that she would ever want to have on her six.

Sometimes it all still feels surreal, like a dream. Then I start to remember everything and it turns to reality, which on some days feels more like a nightmare..."
          His voice trailed off, cold, distant. Trying not to feel pain during such a happy occasion as this. "No, no team slot yet, I've been waiting for a sign that everything was going to be okay before I committed myself to something further then flying the -302, and I think I may have found it."
          "Yah, I know. Never quite sure which is worse asleep or awake." The thoughts flashed back to Ba'al and she began to bounce a little in her seat. Her hands fidgeted with the blanket below. All too familar with nightmares, unable to remember the last night without them. Awake would be so much better now that he was around. Hoping to lighten things back up, "So maybe you can put in a good word for me. Maybe get me a maintenance postion? Running a few runs, just to keep the birds in shape." The incorigable wink was joined by the flirtatious grin. "So, everything is okay. Really?" The comment was presented with skepticism. There was an eye to eye engagement as she searched into the depth of her friends soul. "Think there is room for two on that new team?" Emma hated the thought of being a hoofer.

As he spoke of lives, and lost opportunities, and dreams a thought occurred to him, something he needed to say aloud, before he forgot. Taking her hand in his, he stared into her eyes. "Emm, I'm so sorry for not being there when you needed me, I was here, and so caught up in adjusting to living on another planet...The email didn't even come through till a month late. I'm so sorry..."
          "Hey stop it. We don't apologize. Our friendship is above that. I so wanted you there. But, I knew it was soemthing big for you when they had you blacked out. Really Bobby, I was happy for you. I know it was a long shot. But, I had to try. I knew you would be there if you could." She bit her lower lip and swallowed hard. Fighting off the rush of emotion the flowed. Reaching over to the well preserved picture by her bed. She handed it to him, "He is great, or was." Emma became very small and childlike. Licking her lips as she warded off the fear of reality. "Or, I am not sure. Maybe I don't want to be sure. You two would have have been famous together." The moist eyes blinked a few times. Taking his hand she wrapped his arm over her shoulder and leaned against the wall next to him. Her head on his shoulder. "I wish you could have been there. You were the only person I knew who mattered who had clearance." She made a very little girl like laugh as she lingered in the silence which followed.

teehee!!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

<Guest Quarters>
            {Captain Joseph Laport>

After a long time of watching Thor work, Joseph got tired of doing nothing and decided to break the silence. "So, Commander Thor, Is there anything I can do to help?"

Joseph walked toward Thor and smiled at him.
            Aftermath RP
            Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
            Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
            SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
            Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
              {Sergeant Sharron Melrose}

Sharron was taken aback some. The last quarters she had was in Ba'al's harem, one she shared with twenty other young women. To have one's own private room almost seemed alien now to her, but it felt like home. She looked at the chair first, then Markus holding little Cate, shaking her unruly hair, she sat next to him and smiled approvingly at the young man and the baby, she touched Catie's soft warm cheek and leaned over. "It's much more than I have come from Markus. I really feel I'm home now and life can turn the corner for me. I still worry about Ba'al finding me though. He wouldn't care much for me, it's Catie I'm more concerned about."

{Markus Redd}

Markus smiled reassuringly at Sharron said. "You are safe here. General Blue and the military here wouldn't let Ba'al get to you. You have nothing to worry about."
              Aftermath RP
              Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
              Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
              SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
              Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

"Thank you Markus. I feel a lot better now and it seems things have quietened down a little. Why don't we go back to Med Bay. You can carry Cate if you like...or not." Any moment now little Cate would need a feed and it was perhaps not quite appropiate for her to do this in Markus's room, and the Med bay offered her a little more privacy as well. But she gave him a reassuring smile anyway and stood ready for him to move.

Comment

Robert smiled guiltily at her. "I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, but just not for her anymore... He lingered in the silence that fell at this comment, people he had once known, gone in that one instant.

"I can believe you can be anything you want. There is only one pilot better."
                  Robert's smile returned, laughing lightly as he teased her back Well, I don't think so...I'm sure there used to be but seeing as that person hasn't really flown in a while... He trailed off, tousling her hair at the same time.

"So maybe you can put in a good word for me. Maybe get me a maintenance postion? Running a few runs, just to keep the birds in shape."
                  I'll do what I can, but given your training and qualification I don't think there will be any issues, we should go up there together one of these days.

"Think there is room for two on that new team?"
                  From what I hear, there are a few teams with more then one open slot, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather serve with. He thought back to their days in flight school, their missions together, and how they had become closer then friends, closer then wingmen, they had become family, two people couldn't be closer.

"Hey stop it. We don't apologize. Our friendship is above that. I so wanted you there. But, I knew it was soemthing big for you when they had you blacked out. Really Bobby, I was happy for you. I know it was a long shot. But, I had to try. I knew you would be there if you could." She bit her lower lip and swallowed hard. Fighting off the rush of emotion the flowed. Reaching over to the well preserved picture by her bed. She handed it to him, "He is great, or was." Emma became very small and childlike. Licking her lips as she warded off the fear of reality. "Or, I am not sure. Maybe I don't want to be sure. You two would have have been famous together." The moist eyes blinked a few times. Taking his hand she wrapped his arm over her shoulder and leaned against the wall next to him. Her head on his shoulder. "I wish you could have been there. You were the only person I knew who mattered who had clearance." She made a very little girl like laugh as she lingered in the silence which followed.
                  Laying there cuddled up against the wall made Robert happier then he had been in a long time, he kissed the top of her head, resting his chin on the spot, enjoying the company of one of the people he had missed most over the last few months. He heaved a sigh of relief This, this is what I needed. He smiled inwardly somehow knowing things were about to get much easier around here. You don't know what happened to him?

((OOC: Sorry that took so long Ainty!))

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post

Robert smiled guiltily at her. "I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, but just not for her anymore... He lingered in the silence that fell at this comment, people he had once known, gone in that one instant.

Robert's smile returned, laughing lightly as he teased her back Well, I don't think so...I'm sure there used to be but seeing as that person hasn't really flown in a while... He trailed off, tousling her hair at the same time.

I'll do what I can, but given your training and qualification I don't think there will be any issues, we should go up there together one of these days.

From what I hear, there are a few teams with more then one open slot, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather serve with. He thought back to their days in flight school, their missions together, and how they had become closer then friends, closer then wingmen, they had become family, two people couldn't be closer.

Laying there cuddled up against the wall made Robert happier then he had been in a long time, he kissed the top of her head, resting his chin on the spot, enjoying the company of one of the people he had missed most over the last few months. He heaved a sigh of relief This, this is what I needed. He smiled inwardly somehow knowing things were about to get much easier around here. You don't know what happened to him?

Emma wished the not her part was true but, she knew her friend all too well. He was a looker and had a heart of gold. He always had the girls lined up at his door. You could just say that his dance card was never empty. Yet, he was very selective and rarely dated. So when this one had found a way to dig her hooks in him he had fallen hard. Bobby had often allowed Emma to run intereference when he desired a woman to be chased off. It was a courtesy that had worked both ways. Most people mistook the two for a couple. Although it couldn't be farther from the truth, it was not fact. Neither bothered to clarify, it was just too convenient. Not in this case. Bobby had not hesitated to make sure it was clear they were 'just friends'. He had even demanded that Emma do the same. She had to admit she had been a little jealous. Okay a lot. When it became obvious that the woman was bad news for him and would only serve to be a source of pain for him, well, one could say it became a source of stress for the realtionship. Then he had been dragged off in secrecy in the middle of the night for an assigment. Things had never been give a chance to heal properly. She looked up at him and let out a slow sigh as she admired the face. He was here now and the past was behind them and she wasn't going to ever let anyone come between them again. "I am glad you have been able to heal. To move on. I will probably need your wisdom on how that works." There was a small pause as she clutched tighter to his hand. "Now that you are here .... it will just make the other stuff easier. Somehow ... you know Bobby you are an answer to prayer. Lots of prayer."

Then she just relaxed silently next to him as she found great pleasure in the sound of his voice. His oh so sweet voice. He peeled away the pain and the thought of the two of them actually working side by side brought warmth. It had been the plan all along. They had applied for and requested all of the same assignments. The powers that be of course had had different ideas. She quietly replied, "We should, we will."

Ignoring his last question she reached over and turned on some music. 'The Song' came on. A grin crossed her face. She shook her head as she remembered his birthday surprise. "I still don't know how you put that all together. I mean passes at that time. Then tickets right at the stage. And when you actually talked me onto stage." She laughed heartily. LuBan had sung on stage many a time. But, this was GARY, Snow Patrol. Her eyes danced as the memory bounced about her head. "So, do ya think she knows all the words? Aye Gary ... 'Aye' Gary ... nice irish accent by the way. This girl knows every word to every song you ever wrote. You sir, are as she states affectionately, her word magician. Bah, how could the man say NO after that. You are the best Bobby."

teehee!!

((When Snow Patrol performs this song live they don't usually have a female singer for Martha's part. So they usually ask for a volunteer from the audience to sing her part!!))

((my turn for a sry for the delay. tis the season, family, parties, the boy acquired floor seat tix to the Hawks game.))
                    Last edited by aintright; 22 December 2010, 06:03 AM.
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

<Sub Level - 6, Guest Quarters>

{Thor, Airman Dandon Lonovan}

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by Re1ndeer View Post
                      <Guest Quarters>
                      {Captain Joseph Laport>

After a long time of watching Thor work, Joseph got tired of doing nothing and decided to break the silence. "So, Commander Thor, Is there anything I can do to help?"

Joseph walked toward Thor and smiled at him.

"Yes, Captain, I require your assistance."
                      Thor picked up two grey stones and walked over to the man. "Take these in each hand."

After handing the stones to the captain, Thor walked back to his machine. "I need you to attempt to manually manipulate the energy field surrounding the creature. The machine is keeping it stable but I am having trouble initiating movement. The two stones you possess will emit a field allowing you to place them near the sides of the field currently surrounding the creature, and move it. While the stones are activated, you will also be able to expand and shrink the field by pulling and pushing the stones apart."

Thor looked down at his machine and moved some stones around. "This will allow my computer to make the calculations necessary for the movement of the field. Do you have any questions?

Lonovan stood in amazement. Why did the captain get to do the fun stuff? Well, I guess it was his job to protect the two if anything went wrong.
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Spoiler:

Emma wished the not her part was true but, she knew her friend all too well. He was a looker and had a heart of gold. He always had the girls lined up at his door. You could just say that his dance card was never empty. Yet, he was very selective and rarely dated. So when this one had found a way to dig her hooks in him he had fallen hard. Bobby had often allowed Emma to run intereference when he desired a woman to be chased off. It was a courtesy that had worked both ways. Most people mistook the two for a couple. Although it couldn't be farther from the truth, it was not fact. Neither bothered to clarify, it was just too convenient. Not in this case. Bobby had not hesitated to make sure it was clear they were 'just friends'. He had even demanded that Emma do the same. She had to admit she had been a little jealous. Okay a lot. When it became obvious that the woman was bad news for him and would only serve to be a source of pain for him, well, one could say it became a source of stress for the realtionship. Then he had been dragged off in secrecy in the middle of the night for an assigment. Things had never been give a chance to heal properly. She looked up at him and let out a slow sigh as she admired the face. He was here now and the past was behind them and she wasn't going to ever let anyone come between them again. "I am glad you have been able to heal. To move on. I will probably need your wisdom on how that works." There was a small pause as she clutched tighter to his hand. "Now that you are here .... it will just make the other stuff easier. Somehow ... you know Bobby you are an answer to prayer. Lots of prayer."

Then she just relaxed silently next to him as she found great pleasure in the sound of his voice. His oh so sweet voice. He peeled away the pain and the thought of the two of them actually working side by side brought warmth. It had been the plan all along. They had applied for and requested all of the same assignments. The powers that be of course had had different ideas. She quietly replied, "We should, we will."

Ignoring his last question she reached over and turned on some music. 'The Song' came on. A grin crossed her face. She shook her head as she remembered his birthday surprise. "I still don't know how you put that all together. I mean passes at that time. Then tickets right at the stage. And when you actually talked me onto stage." She laughed heartily. LuBan had sung on stage many a time. But, this was GARY, Snow Patrol. Her eyes danced as the memory bounced about her head. "So, do ya think she knows all the words? Aye Gary ... 'Aye' Gary ... nice irish accent by the way. This girl knows every word to every song you ever wrote. You sir, are as she states affectionately, her word magician. Bah, how could the man say NO after that. You are the best Bobby."

teehee!!

((When Snow Patrol performs this song live they don't usually have a female singer for Martha's part. So they usually ask for a volunteer from the audience to sing her part!!))

((my turn for a sry for the delay. tis the season, family, parties, the boy acquired floor seat tix to the Hawks game.))

As Robert sat there listening to her recount the memory of the concert, he couldn't think of much to say, an unusual occurrence for the normal chatterbox. He sat there quietly, reliving the pictures in his brain of the concert that seemed oh so long ago. Kind of a shame, never to be able to hear live music like that again, hadn't really thought about it till now.

God Emm, I...He trailed off sighing. I cant believe you remember that, after everything I'm sure you've been through, I can't believe that sticks out to you...

((OOC: sorry it took so long, things are just now calming down from the holidays and the loss of the twins.))

Comment

Emma gave a small punch to his chest. "Hey, what you did for me that night dear. No one has ever ... it meant the world." She fell silent and snuggled up next to him. It was as if the world of worries, regrets, fears had all been lifted. Not that she wanted to but, a combination of exhaustion and peace from his presence and she had dozed off. This may be that one time in a long time that she could fight off the nightmares.

((glad you are back tupp ... *hugs* ... am so sry you are having to suffer through the loss.))
                          teehee!!
                          Last edited by aintright; 25 January 2011, 07:12 PM.
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!

Comment

Spoiler:

Emma gave a small punch to his chest. "Hey, what you did for me that night dear. No one has ever ... it meant the world." She fell silent and snuggle up next to him. It was as if the world of worries, regrets, fears had all been lifted. Not that she wanted to but, a combination of exhaustion and peace from his presence and she had dozed off. This may be that one time in a long time that she could fight off the nightmares.

((glad you are back tupp ... *hugs* ... am so sry you are having to suffer through the loss.))
                            teehee!!

I...uh...I hadn't realized it was so special is all. Shortly after speaking these words, he noticed Emma begin to doze off, he leaned his head back against the wall, enjoying the sense of peace that seemed to be flowing out of them both, and into the other. A sense that everything was finally looking up, that things might just be okay. On that happy thought, he felt himself dozing, leaned his head against hers, and fell asleep.

Comment

Emma, not truly awake, snuggled deeper into the safe warmth of the body next to her. Pulling the arms around her she whispered, "Are you awake Gavin?" The only response was the soothing sound of the deliberate breathing of the man next to her. His warmth draped about her, his scent, not quite right, yet, oh so good. Turning her head to greet him with a kiss, realizing just in time the true identity. "Robert!" Good grief LuBan. Get it together. Slipping out of his embrace she headed for the toilet. She was sure she was flushing from the tips of her toes. That could have been very embarrassing. Fluffing the back of her curls as she strolled across the floor.

Checking the time she made herself presentable in the mirror over the bathroom lav. Returning to Robby's side. "Hey Duncan, you awake in there?" Giving her bud a little bit of a nudge. It was time to make a trip to the infirmary to check on the LT. It was something that was digging at her gut. While she awaited signs of life from sleeping beauty silent prayers slipped off her lips. For Claire, for Cooper, for the one that Cooper obviously loved. They ended with a thank you for returning Robert to her and a beg for the same to be with Gavin. Although deep down in the depths of her she knew better on the last part. She hated her depths for having that doubt.

teehee!!
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

Spoiler:

Emma, not truly awake, snuggled deeper into the safe warmth of the body next to her. Pulling the arms around her she whispered, "Are you awake Gavin?" The only response was the soothing sound of the deliberate breathing of the man next to her. His warmth draped about her, his scent, not quite right, yet, oh so good. Turning her head to greet him with a kiss, realizing just in time the true identity. "Robert!" Good grief LuBan. Get it together. Slipping out of his embrace she headed for the toilet. She was sure she was flushing from the tips of her toes. That could have been very embarrassing. Fluffing the back of her curls as she strolled across the floor.

Checking the time she made herself presentable in the mirror over the bathroom lav. Returning to Robby's side. "Hey Duncan, you awake in there?" Giving her bud a little bit of a nudge. It was time to make a trip to the infirmary to check on the LT. It was something that was digging at her gut. While she awaited signs of life from sleeping beauty silent prayers slipped off her lips. For Claire, for Cooper, for the one that Cooper obviously loved. They ended with a thank you for returning Robert to her and a beg for the same to be with Gavin. Although deep down in the depths of her she knew better on the last part. She hated her depths for having that doubt.

teehee!!

Robert was shocked awake by her exclamation of his name, bolting up he quickly looked around. "Everything okay Emm? He saw nothing out of the ordinary he laid his head back down dozing back to sleep as she was in the bathroom, her words rousing him from his daze. Huh...yea...sorta He smiled at waking to see her, the one he was sure was gone, the one he would miss the most. Wiping the sleep from his eyes he sat up, blinking away the last few moments of his first good dream in months. He stood up, walking over and throwing his arms around her, whispering in her ear So glad that wasn't ALL a dream..." He set her back onto the ground, pulling away.

Comment

Working...
                                X