No announcement yet.

Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((You know, I bet the rest of the GWRP crew's going to have a field day reading this.))

Devin smiled at Kylie's simile, "Well it was one hell of a suprise considering how we met. I thought you were crazy at first, but now I see something else in you, something I care about. I don't know what attracted me to you, but whatever it was, I think it was right."

Comment

((Oh, I can just imagine...))

"Crazy, huh?" Kylie raised her eyebrows at Devin. "I guess it is the irony of the century. I thought you were a half-snob, half-perfectionist until we really started talking." Kylie grinned to let Devin know that she was just teasing him.
      Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

((I really need to start drinking caffine drinks later in the day...))

Continuing with joke Devin laughed, "Perfectionist eh...? I always did think of myself as perfection in human form, though it did take me some time to figure it out. But snob? I am shocked, almost too shocked for words." With the movie ending the DVD player turned the monitor off, plunging the room into darkness. For several minutes, there was silence until Devin piped up with, "*Uhm* Okay, this is very akward... That's just my Zat. Which made it from its pouch on the bed to my pocket... Honest."
        Last edited by Vampyr; 09 May 2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

((Caffine all day long is my motto.))

Kylie blushed at Devin's words. She was glad that it was dark and he couldn't see the pink building in her cheeks. "You think we...I...should...stand up." Kylie struggled with her words, but she made no move to get up. The pair were silent for a few more seconds."Actually, mysteriously flying zat gun or not, I'm kind of comfortable here, but if you..." she made a vauge motion with her hand that indicated she would be willing to move. She knew Devin would be unable to see the gesture in the dark, but it was the thought that counted.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

((Wandering RPG Net can come up with some interesting stuff, 'specially like what I just jammed in spoiler tags.))

"Yeah, you can move if you want..." Devin said, a sweat drop moving down his forehead. "This is certainly an akward situation, very akward. I mean we're only on the first date and this? Sometimes I amaze even myself."

Comment

((Hmm, good visual with the eyes and all too.))

"Yeah, can't say I've ever quite had a first date like this either. I don't know how it could get any more akward." Kylie remained sitting on Devin's lap. She didn't trust her feet to hold her up long enough for her to move. Come on, think Kylie. You know how to make it out of this alive. Stick to neutral topics until the weakness in your knees goes away. What were we doing before this turned into a date anyway? Sudden realization hit Kylie, and she smacked her head remembering where the two of them were suppossed to be. "Oh man, I'm suprised Pierce hasn't sent out a search party for us. We must have been gone for hours, I mean we did watch all of Star Wars." That was the only thought that it took for Kylie to regain a sense of balance in her legs, and she stood up and started to pace as she spoke. "You don't think he'll be mad do you, I mean we did kind of abandon him."
              Dear Journal

Comment

Pausing for a good five minutes Devin said, "Ooooh crap. You're right. What're we going to tell him? We can't exactly tell him that our lunch break turned into a date can we? And we can't exactly lie about it either, at least three or four people back at the Mess saw us kissing. So how do we get out of this one? As for anger." He shrugged, "Your guess is as good as mine."

Comment

"Maybe he won't ask. Maybe the rumors have already started and he can make his own assumptions. Or maybe I'm just babbling on about wishful thinking scenerios. With any luck, he'll have been working so hard down there, that he won't even have noticed our extended absence." Kylie knew that none of it was true even as she was saying it, but she was trying to think somewhat positively at least. They would have to come up with some type of explanation.

((And I'll have to sleep on that explanation...my creative juices just ran out, and I need to catch a couple hours of shuteye. I'll be back tomorrow, er...later today. Good Night.))
                  Dear Journal

Comment

((Well then, good night. *Looks at clock* Ho-ly crap. I had no idea it was that late.))

Moving over and flipping on the lights Devin leaned on the door and thought, "Yeah, possibly.", He said though his tone indicated otherwise, "Or maybe we'll get lucky and Pierce won't immediately order our executions." The attempt at gallows humor aside, he sounded doubtful that Pierce would believe them. "But we always could get lucky."

((Ugh, I gotta turn in too, my brain's just about shut down.))

Comment

"Well, at least we're only civilians, he can't do too much." Kylie mumbled to herself. She straightened to her full height, and looked at Devin before saying, "Guess, we'll never know if we don't just go down there and face him." She paused a second before motioning towards the door. "You first."
                      Dear Journal

Comment

((Six billion websites in favorites. Several hundred songs and videos saved. Several games to mess around with on my HD. And there's still nothing to do! ARGH!))

"True dat." Devin replied, "But despite the warmth and comfort of the womb, we had to move on eventually. Just as we now have to move on from this room." Pulling open the door, he left it wide open, "Well then. Shall we see as to how violent an anyeurism Pierce'll have when we arrive several hours late?"

<<To the Brig.>>
                        Last edited by Vampyr; 24 March 2007, 04:11 PM.

Comment

((Essay for school, clean the house, etc., lucky to have time to post at all.))

Kylie took a deep breath before exiting the room into the hallway. "Let's hope it doesn't come down to any kind of anyeurism. I like the analogy by the way. Guess it's time to face the cold, cruel world."

<<To Brig>>
                          Dear Journal

Comment

<<From Brig.>>

Replacing Devin's security card, Jaa'nik walked into the room, closed the door and relinquished control to Devin. "You didn't need to do that." He said aloud, directing his comment as Jaa'nik. ~I had to.~ She sent back simply. "Really now, you did? I don't see any reason you could have allowed me control."

~I'm sorry, but I found it necessary to ensure that you did not try something very rash.~

Devin let out a sigh, sat down at the computer and pulled up his 'Gate program. He ran it few a through simulations to test for unaccounted problems that his DHD could cause.

Comment

<<From Brig>>

Kylie rushed off the elevator, and into her quarters, not wanting to meet anyone in the hall. She managed to make it all the way into her quarters before the tears began to fall. She threw herself on her bed, buried her face in a pillow, and cried for a long while. She cried for her lost reputation, as Jaa'nik had reminded her. She cried because after finally finding someone she thought that she could love, she still had to put up with his imperfections, his lack of anger management, and the fact that he shared his body. She cried because she couldn't hold her emotions at bay any longer. Just a civilian, a linguist, don't expect much from you. You don't have a reputation worth a dime. You are average, certaintly not above average where you should be. You are a disappointment. You're a rotten, no good, kid of an alcoholic. You're still in the foster system because no one ever loved you enough to care. Just a civilian. The words played over and over in Kylie's mind as she cried silent tears. She knew that she would have to pull herself together in time to face Dr. Ezekiel. No doubt that wouldn't be a pleasent experience. She was the top civilian on base, and that meant the lecture from her would consist of Kylie being described as a disappointment, a bad reflection of all civilians. So she had forgotten her responsibilities momentarily and had a little fun. Now she would have to answer for it. Lost reputation. No words had ever been truer and more painful to hear. It had been those words that sent her over the top. She had no pride, no dignity, no good reputation left after what had happened today. She would be viewed as a goofy civilian who couldn't work at the brig because she was too busy kissing some guy. But Devin was no ordinary guy, she reminded herself. He was special. She cried some more, feeling unworthy of Devin's affections.
                              Dear Journal

Comment

Pulling up the computer's dialing simulator, Devin typed in the keys that corresponded to Earth. The simulated 'Gate's ring spun and stopped then a symbol presented itself on the screen, "Chevron one encoded!" He yelled half-heartedly. As he listened to it spin, he asked himself what the hell was he doing here. The 'Gate stopped again and he yelled, "Chevron two encoded!" He stared at the screen, almost yelling at himself, why was he here? He heard the 'Gate start up again and spin, with its stop, he yelled "Chevron three encoded!" and asked who he was not to be there. Hitting the key that would abort the dialing sequence, the simulated 'Gate stopped its rotation and made an electronic hum. Closing the dialer, he pulled up another program. Verifying the information that presented itself, he grabbed a pendant out of his desk and looped it around his neck. Opening the door, he walked into the corridor, gripping the pendant.

Devin found himself outside the door that he had left his room to go to, he knocked several times and said, almost in tears, "Doctor Stevens... Kylie?"
                                Last edited by Vampyr; 27 March 2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X