Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Level 6 - Jaime's room]

"Thanks," Ryn smiled at what Eddie said about the vendors in Foreston. She liked the guy. Maybe not as much as Jaime apparently did, but Eddie struck a chord with her as well. The gunny thought for a while at his next words.

"Ummm. Sorry, I don't mean to inconvenience you at all." She told Eddie.

"There's no need for you to stay the night here. I need to try and convince them to get me a daypass and some scrip anyway, and chances are big that I may not be allowed to go, as well." She sighed, thinking furiously. "Um... Do you have a phone, or an other means of comm in Foreston? I could use that to let you know I'll be coming or not?"

Comment

[ Jaime's Quarters, Level 6]

"I bet Gil could make you something for that light, Ryn," Jaime said thoughtfully. "If he doesn't have something in stock already. I'd ask him. Between him, Sorrel, and Jzhanna, I bet they could whip something up in no time!"

At Ryn's question about phones, she shook her head. "I don't think there's anything for non-emergency use, Ryn. I know Dr. Winchester has email, and there's the WiMax and IP-based paging system... a couple of wireless access points for base personnel on duty in town... but no real communications infrastructure." She chewed her lip. "There hasn't been a need for it, to be honest. The townspeople and the base personnel haven't intermingled a great deal- although with Earth being destroyed and the change in regs we might need to start looking into that. Its not like the WiMax is being overloaded- we've got darn near a 10 gig pipe on that thing and it barely gets used."

She stopped herself from going into further detail and laughed a little self-consciously. "Once a geek, always a geek," she blushed. "Now you've got me thinking. In any case- we can figure something out to tide you over until your next pass into Foreston. Whether that's tomorrow or a month from now... we'll have to wait and see."

Going to her computer, she logged into the system and checked the personnel logs. "Won't be tomorrow. Both General Blue and Sgt. Mykonos are on leave, and it looks like SG-1 and a couple others are in town as well. I don't see any spare day passes to be had." She logged out and turned back to her visitors, glancing at the clock next to her bed.

"Holy cow, where did the day go?"

(( OOC: anyone have any idea of what time it is? ))

Last edited by ShelBel; 09 January 2008, 07:10 AM.

Comment

[ Jaime's quarters ]

Kym glanced at her watch and declared, "Dinner time. Eddie, want to take your chances on the Mess hall?"
        She looked up at the light on the ceiling, "It wouldn't take that much fabric and, you know, I'll bet we could use paper for the time being. The linguist folks must have tracing paper to make rubbings of stuff."
        The woman tipped her head and squinted up again, "I'll bet you could get some watercolor paints from them too and put a color wash on the paper."
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Ryn looked from one to the other as they spoke, trying to digest it all and to get a word in. It wasn't easy, so the gunny stood and listened patiently until each was done speaking.

"Um, yeah." She finally said. "Well, I guess I learned a lot of new stuff about you guys today. That's always good.
          As for the lighting stuff well I will see what's available. Not really fond of watercolour and paper and all ... I prefer craftsmanship like I've seen in Foreston, they're so fabulously good there, I know I'd totally stink at making something like that, and I don't like to ruin the resources here for something silly. They should use their paper and stuff for important things. Maybe I could simply detach the light that's there and stick a new one in, instead, that I bought. I'll save my scrip up for it and we'll see what happens next.".

She did a double take at Kym's mention of dinner time.

"Dinner's sounding great though right now ... wonder if they got any spagetti or something.".

Comment

[ Jaime's Quarters, Level 6 ]

Jaime looked around her room for a moment, taking in all the new things scattered haphazardly about. She thought about it for a moment.

"I'm not really hungry right now," she said thoughtfully. "I had a late lunch. And I'd like to get some of this put away if possible. I'm going to stay here for a bit and putter, you guys go ahead."

She was actually hankering for some quiet time; it seemed she'd spent most of the day with her teammates and, no offense to them, but she needed a break. Maybe she'd flaunt the rules a little, light a couple of the candles, and put some apple juice in a wine glass and pretend it was a nice white while she figured out what to do and where to put things...

Comment

[ Jaime's quarters ]

Kym also glanced around at the piles of boxes, "You do have some arranging to do. Don't hurt yourself trying to move furniture, call someone from maintenance to help you."
              She held up her hands in surrender, "Erp, forget I said that. I sound like someone's mother."

Turning to leave, Kym said to Ryn, "There's usually some kind of pasta. It's cheap and easy. They make a killer alfredo sauce. I'm afraid to ask how much of it is Gaian products."
              She waved at the light fixture, "At the very least, we can get a smaller wattage tube for it. That I can replace."

(( No one picked up on Kym's "I just use the desk lamp and candles", eh? ))
              sigpic

Comment

(( I'm choosing to pretend I heard nothing. If you'll notice, Jaime is following her lead, LOL! ))

Comment

<<From Lounge>>

[Kylie's Quarters]

Kylie hobbled into her quarters after quickly swipping her access card through the reader. It only took a minute to settle back into the wheelie chair that she had been using earlier and stowe the DVD in the duffle bag that she would be taking with her to Foreston the next day. After mentally going over her checklist one last time, the linguist decided that everything was packed and ready to go the next morning. The only thing left to do was to go to bed for the evening, and try to get some much needed rest before the big day that would soon follow.

Yawning once, she managed to change into her pajamas in record time. She double checked that her crutches were carefully balanced against the wall within easy reach of the bed, set her alarm for early the next morning, and buried herself beneth a layer of covers. It had been a busy day, but the fun was only just beginning. A small smile spread across her lips as she thought of Devin, and being alone with him for a few days. After all, this was probably the closest thing that she would have to a vacation for a long time.

Dear Journal
                  My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

[James' Quaters]

James Harper sat on his bed, in his blue Garrison Uniform. On his left arm, his point of origin patch watch velcroed, but the right hand side patch space was empty. In his hands, he held his new SG-2 patch and he stared at it. He'd just recieved the memo that he'd been assigned to the new unit, and he kept playing the name of his new CO over in his head "Major Johnson"
                    For the first time since joining the Stargate Program James wasn't sure what to expect, and he was nervous.
                    Nervous? James never got nervous. This thought, shook James out of his deep thought, he reattached his SG-2 patch and smiled. He stood up and rubbed his right hand up his bare left arm - his sleeves were rolled up - and made his way to his desk where he sat, opened his laptop and started reading up on his new CO.
                    Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

((Hanmer - your CO is kinda MIA. Haven't seen Planetary_Alliance since last November. She either left or just doesn't have the 'net.
                      Jyn - Sorry, I guess I read over that. ))

[Level 6 - hallway/Jaime's room]

"We go to the mess then?" Ryn said, eyeing the pile of still unopened crates. "I'll just help you open everything, Jaime, then we'll go, okay?" True to her word, Ryn started prying open all the crates and boxes that weren't open yet. She grinned locating the rest of her stuff. "I'll put these in my room first, Kym, then I'll join ya.".

Comment

[ Jamie's quarters ]

Together they made short work of popping open all the crates and boxes. Kym held her foot up in the air, "I'm going to stop and put my boots back on. It feels odd to be wearing sneaks with my BDUs."
                        She folded her pocket knife and dusted off her hands, "Have fun, Jaime. Eddie, how about you? Heading for home, taking a chance in our Mess or helping Jaime?"
                        The woman stopped in the doorway, casually pushing a crate top over to hold the door wide open.
                        sigpic

Comment

[ Jaime's Quarters, Level 6 ]

(( OOC: Stealing Eddie for a minute... and BTW- GO MN WILD! *winks at Xym* ))

Eddie Wilton

Eddie pondered the options as he helped Jaime and her teammates open the remaining crates. "You know, I'm really not hungry either. Had a late lunch before I set out. You guys go ahead and I'll help Jaime move her stuff around- if that's okay with her."

He sent a small, hopeful glance in Jaime's direction, hoping he hadn't overstepped his boundaries. He grateful smile in reply told him all he needed to know.

"That'd be great, Eddie, thank you," she smiled.

Comment

[Harper's quarters, Room 12, Level 6]
                            James finished reading the personell files he had been reviewing and stood up, deciding to make some more friends at the Alpha Site. He left his room and proceeded across the level to the stairs, where he saw a small group gathered outside another base-members quarters. Confidence flairing, he moved towards them and spoke firmly but friendly;

"Hey there," he started, "Chief Master Sergeant James Harper, SG2 he smiled.
                            Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

Kym twisted her head around so she could see down the hall. A nice looking guy with brown hair was coming their way. Somebody else rotated to duty on Gaia. She waved over her shoulder to him, "Hi. K'ma Tyler, SG3."
                              The woman pushed off the doorjamb and straightened up, holding out her hand, "How's it going?"
                              sigpic

Comment

[Level 6]

"Hi. Gunnery Sergeant Ryn Chikozu." Ryn introduced herself to the stranger after Kym had done so. "SG-3 as well. We were just going to the mess, I think.". By now she had her arms full with her stuff they'd just taken out of the boxes : the figurine of a wooden horse was on the top of the reasonably small pile, the horse's head was tucked in a vase and its legs were sticking out of it.
                                She had the two vases and the figurine wrapped in the wall hanging's fabric. "Uh, need to drop this off first, though. Kym, I'll be right back, okay?". With those words, Ryn dashed off again, back to her quarters which were one level down.

[Level 7]

She carefully deposited the 'treasures' on the desk, knowing that she was going to place them up properly later. Right now though, food called, so Ryn hurried back to the others. The whole trek hadn't taken more than five minutes.

[Level 6]

"See? Back already. Now, who's for pasta?"

Comment

Working...
                                X