No announcement yet.

Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((Another amazing accomplishment ShelBel! ))

[Devin's quarters]

Devin was greeted only with silence.

[Kylie's quarters]

When Devin didn't immediently call her back, Kylie pulled her wheelchair closer to the bed and lifted herself into it with only a little effort. Settling into the chair, she contemplated changing clothes before heading for the mess hall, but shook her head. She wasn't really suppose to be working now. No one would really care what she looked like. She pushed open the door to her quarters, and checked to be sure that she had her key card to get back in before allowing the door to shut. She quickly manuvered the chair down the hallway until she was waiting in front of the elevator. She reached over and pushed the call button as she considered what she wanted to eat.
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

When nobody answered, Devin looked at the phone handle puzzled. Looking at the phone's display, he pressed several buttons and brought up the last received call, and the display read Stevens, Kylie. "Was it something I said?" Devin asked the air as he left the room, leaving the phone off its hook. First checking by Kylie's quarters, Devin knocked several times, and receiving no response, he made his way quickly to the elevator, the second most logical place she'd be at the moment. Walking up to the wheel-chair, and Kylie ensconed within it, Devin coughed and asked, "You called?"

Comment

((Yea, I was hoping that you'd do that. ))

Kylie looked up from where she had been staring at her lap at the sound of Devin approaching. She smiled sheepishly and tried to figure out the best way to word what she was about to tell him. "Um, hi. Yeah, I did call. I was going to ask if you wanted to go get something to eat with me, but then I remembered what happened the last time the two of us were up there together, and well....Sorry, I shouldn't have hung up on you, I should have just explained it all to you when I called, but um, uh, yeah, I'm sorry." Kylie looked over at the elevator as the doors opened, she made no move to get inside, and the doors closed again without taking on any passengers. She bit her lower lip and swallowed, unable to meet Devin's eyes, fearing that she would see only hurt in them. "It's not that I don't want to eat with you, it's just that I don't think that it would be wise to give everyone anything else to gossip about, not that I really care what people think, but, you know. I'm sorry. It's not too late is it, I would appreciate the company if you don't mind too much. I mean, I did hang up on you, and that was wrong." Kylie seemed to run out of steam and her babbling came to an end. She tensed almost expecting Devin to strike her. She had no idea why she was having that reaction to the situation, but it was something that she had learned a long time ago. That if you messed up, you'd get hit for it. Or worse.
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

((Woohoo! I'm psychic!))

A grin spread across Devin's face, his eyes filled not with hurt but with happiness, "I'd be glad to have something to eat with you." His urge wasn't to hurt Kylie, but to help her into the elevator, to get up to the mess. Leaning over and hitting the call button, Devin said, "Now, I understand your need to be scarce, I myself have been trying to keep a low profile ever since the rumours started, and it's even okay, to a degree I guess, that you didn't want to talke to me. Everyone needs their space at some point in time, you just needed your space then, and I'm okay with that." Reaching down, Devin planted a kiss on Kylie's cheek, pushed the two of them into the elevator and hit the button for the mess.

<To Mess Hall>

Comment

Kylie gave Devin a small smile and accepted the light kiss. She could have kicked herself for ever even thinking that Devin would have reacted in any other way. "Thank you. It really means the world to me that you understand." She shifted somewhat in the wheelchair as Devin pushed her into the elevator, anxious to find out when she'd be able to move on to crutches, but knowing that she shouldn't rush things. She was lucky to be out of the infirmary at all and knew better than to push her luck.

<<To Mess Hall>>
            Dear Journal

Comment

((From infirmary))

Carrie took the stairs up to sublevel 7 and her quarters. She slid her key card in the slot and opened the door. The air smelled a bit stuffy, so she put the door wide open to get some fresh air in. When she turned on the light, she saw the mess the quake had made.
              There were books that had fallen of the bookshelves, a broken coffee jar; a painting had fallen of the wall and everything was covered with a thin layer of dust…
              “Oh, man, what a mess.” Carrie leaned against the wall and slumped down, looking up on the ceiling, slipping a big sigh. She remained sitting like that for a while, then opened her packing and pulled out her photo of Jon, studying the lines of his face. His eyes. Yupp, it was your eyes that caught me that day in the restaurant. So long ago, and yet, it’s not…Her mind wandered off, then; C’mon, you can’t just sit there, Get up and hit the shower!
              She groaned as she straightened her knees and got up on her legs again. Right, showers…
              She pulled out a fresh t-shirt, a pair of jeans and some underwear’s from the back pack, went outside and before closing the door to her quarters, she checked that she had the key card.
              On her way back to the stairs her stomach started to rumble. Maybee a snack before getting back downstairs would be nice. I've actually missed those peanutbuttermuffins...

((To women’s lockers and then to messhall…))
              Last edited by Northern Girl; 04 July 2007, 10:09 AM.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<From Infirmary>>

[Capt. Carol "CJ" Johannson-Elevator]

CJ smiled at Robert. "Yeah, that sounds good. I'd be happy to eat with you." She wasn't sure what had compulsed her to accept the offer, but she was truely looking forward to it.

The elevator doors opened and the two of them stepped out into the hallway. She hesitated before moving in the direction of her quarters. She really hoped that Robert wouldn't misread what she was about ask, but she figured now was as good a time to find out as any. "Um, just out of curiosity, where is your quarters? I only ask because, I don't want to say bye here and then find out that you're going the same way I am, and then we have to say bye again, and well, that's just weird." She knew that she had started to ramble and had completely lost her professionalism, but since no one else was around, she didn't think that it really mattered. They were both already nervous wrecks for whatever reason. She unconciously shifted her weight between feet as she waited to see how Robert would react.
                Dear Journal

Comment

{Elevator}

"Hey, ahh, great." He managed to get the sentence out before remembering that they hadn't set a time. "So when did you want to meet up?"

Robert's eyes widened slightly as CJ asked where his quarters were located. Fortunately, he mostly managed to keep his composure as she provided the explanation. "Just a short way down the hall." He gestured vaguely at one of the rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                    "So when did you want to meet up?"
                    CJ looked at her watch and considered when it would be best to meet. "Well preferably sooner rather than later. How about we take an hour or so to regroup, and then go. Work for you?" She was already thinking about needing to get back to the lab to write up her report about the latest trip to the Alaruis. Dr. Ezekiel would be looking for it, and she didn't want to have to make her wait too long, and it could wait until after she had a chance to eat first. And she should probably shower before doing that.

"Just a short way down the hall." He gestured vaguely at one of the rooms.
                    She nodded as looked in the direction that Robet had pointed. "Mine's a little further down, so looks like I get to drop you off, so to speak." She had already started to walk in the direction that he had indicated, biting her tongue before she said something too inappropriate.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

"Sounds good." His weapons research on the pistols could wait. The schematics would certainly make his work go faster. Part of him wanted to get started on it now. He had never been in a relationship before, and work would provide the perfect opportunity to escape. And yet, he also found himself looking forward to spending some more time with CJ.

Covering the ground that CJ already had, Robert managed to catch up in short order. He grinned, catching the reference she had made in her comment. Pausing before his door, he spoke. "Well, I suppose this is where we part. For now."

Comment

[Capt. Carol "CJ" Johannson]

"Yeah, for now." CJ winked at Robert and fought the urge to lean in and plant a kiss on his cheek. She started to continue down the hall toward her own quarters, but something stopped her. Leaving him was harder than she thought it was going to be. "You gonna be ok? I mean, after..." her voice trailed off not wanting to remind him of everything that he had revealed to her following his nightmare in the infirmary. She didn't want to leave him if he still needed the support.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

As CJ turned to head down the hall, Robert started to enter his quarters but stopped as Carol addressed him. "I'm going to have to be fine," he smirked. "We wouldn't want the passing airmen to see you entering my quarters, would we?"

Comment

CJ nodded her head resigned to the fact that Robert was absolutely correct. "Right." She mumbled almost to herself. She only hoped that he would be ok. If not, she would be able to tell when they went to eat later she reminded herself. She stood up a little straighter and formally said farewell to him loud enough for any curious ears to be satisfied that everything was perfectly normal between the two of them. "Good day, Lt."

She continued the short distance to her quarters and quickly ducked inside, without looking back behind her.
                            Dear Journal

Comment

'Good job, Robert. You just chased her off.' He berated himself before entering his quarters. 'You could have spent some more time with her. Who cares what the airmen think?' He dropped his computer tablet off on the bed and kicked off his boots, before plopping onto the desk chair, hoping that the hour passed quickly enough.

Comment

CJ plopped herself down in her swivel chair, and picked up the small mirror that she kept on her desk. She groaned at the circles under her eyes, and pulled open one of her desk drawers only to discover that she was out of concealer. Oh, great just one more of those luxuries, I'm going to have to get use to not having around. Robert can't really think that I'm all that special with these awful circles under my eyes like this. It still bewildered her to think that the other man actually felt something for her. Well, I guess we'll find out for sure in an hour. She pulled her hair back into a loose ponytail, amazed at how long it had gotten since she had stopped going on missions, and stayed at the base full time. Now that I have that out of the way, it's time to see what's been going on while I was detained in the infirmary. She turned on her computer and waited while the base's e-mail program loaded.
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X