No announcement yet.

The Novus Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varro ran to Colonel Young with double-speed. "COLONEL YOUNG!! COLONEL YOUNG!! I and Brody have a brilliant idea!!" yelled Varro. Suddenly he saw Brody coming up too. "Brody? You're here about your idea as well?" he asked. "Yep." Brody answered. "Colonel, if Destiny still exists, then the best plan to get back is to use the gate network to continue following Destiny's path!" Brody said.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Morrison had been saved! "Hey, guys!! You do know the gate address back, do you?" he asked.
    Eli regained consciousness. He was lying on a bed like many others. He felt hot. Then he lost consciousness again.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Ischan had started to feel hot. The disease!! "Oh, crap." he said as he collapsed.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Auroa had spent many many hours dealing with patients and the virus. While looking to T.J. for guidance she noticed that she too was overwhelmed. Although only three fatalities within children, Aurora through her prior research could tell that the virus was mutating. Eli had come in more recently, Aurora couldn't stand the fact that she had let it get this far. She knew procedure for epidemics like this, and until she could solve how it was spreading and why it was mutating, she knew that Novus would have to be shut down.

"T.J. we need to shut down Novus, shut down gate travel, and everyone needs to be confined until we can pinpoint this virus."

________________________________________________________________________________ ____________
        T.J. ran around the hospital frantic. She knew the severity of the issue, but as her own symptoms became a priority within in her site, she began to become compromised in her work. She noticed that Aurora had proven herself through the years and managed to find a bit of respect for her, but T.J. just wasn't sure she could trust her to take over if her condition worsened. An how would Everett and Stephen manage?

"T.J. we need to shut down Novus, shut down gate travel, and everyone needs to be confined until we can pinpoint this virus."

T.J. was stunned that she had not been focused enough to make this realization on her own. "Yes, we need to start with isolation in the hospital which I will cover. Find Camille and Young, alert them of the severity and proceed to go house to house. Can you do this?"

Although Aurora was good at finding problems, she was rarely able to fix them or even try. Fallow through would depend on her. Novus was depending on her.

________________________________________________________________________________ ___________

Camille had found comfort in the small things within Novus. She reflected upon her heritage to guide her in these most turbulent times. Relying on old sayings and proverbs for comfort. While she sat in her small cabin she tried hard not to think of he partner Sharon while she drank her afternoon tea. Her face cemented in Camille's most recent memories. It was startling to hear a knock at the door in mid thought.

Camille opened the door. Aurora stood vacant but out of breath. "Camille we need to find Young. The virus is spreading, we need to shut down Novus."

Although Camille put little effort into noticing Aurora's emotions, the severity of the situation allotted her to react.

"Ok, I will find Young, you make your rounds within Novus. We need to keep people inside, especially if they have not been infected. Educate them on procedure, and make sure they understand the severity of the issue. Can you do this?"
        sigpic
        Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
        "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
        Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
        Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
        etc.....

Comment

Yeah, it was definitely Morrison that was out here, Chris could tell. “Yeah Morrison, I know the way back to Novus,” Chris said, walking down the ramp. Using his alchemy, the young man repeated the procedure that he used on the last planet. This one was bare and he and Chloe could continue, but knowing Morrison, he decided to go back. “Alright, let’s head back,” he said, dialing the gate to the last planet that they were on.

After going back to that planet, Chris dialed Novus. Sending the kino through, he was surprised to see Matt and Ronald Greer guarding the gate. “Hey guys, what’s going on?” Chris asked through the kino, knowing that this was odd.

------------------------
          Once T.J. left, Stephen woke up. The little boy had been sick as well and Everett feared that he was coming down with this disease as well. After putting his son back to bed, Young stepped outside as Brody and Varro came up to him. “Gentlemen, this isn’t the time,” he said after listening to them. “We have to worry about saving these people first,” he told them. “Now, if there’s anything you two can do to help, that would be appreciated,” Young said to the men.

------------------------
          Not finding Camile, Volker decided to go talk to Colonel Young. On his way there, he began to experience symptoms of the disease. About halfway to Young’s house, Volker passed out.
          sigpic

Comment

*Rok, why did you use Greer and Scott, I thought those were Timstro59's characters?
            Last edited by rushy; 26 June 2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

"I understand, Colonel. The disease must be confined." Varro said and Brody left with him. "Come on, Varro." he said. "Everything is going as planned."
              The two went inside Volker's house for that's where all scientific material was held.
              "Once the disease goes too far, the Colonel will have on choice, but to accept that leaving the planet is the only way to get rid of the disease." Brody said. "You started it." Varro said absolutely stunned. "Oh... yes. My plan will work and we'll find Rush" the insane Brody said. Varro realized that Volker was right. The man was insane.
              ----------------------------------------------------
              Morrison was angered by the delay. "Do you guys even realize that the disease is on Novus?! We're not infected. My studies confirm that the sickness is caused by the planet. Leaving Novus would be the easiest cure. I knew this days ago." Morrison said.
              --------------------------------------------------------
              Eli regained consciousness and saw T.J.. "I'm infected, right... I'm... infected... Eli lost consciousess again.
              ----------------------------------------------------------
              Ischan regained consciousness. It was the afternoon. He was hot, fevered and alone in the forest. "HELP!!" he yelled weakly. He then tried to crawl, but his vision was fading and he accidentally fell through a hole in the cliff and his last thoughts were "OH CRAP!!!"

Comment

Chris and Chloe listened to what had happened from Young, who had shut down gate travel. Hearing Morrison speak, he rolled his eyes. “Leaving Novus isn’t the cure,” he said, glancing over to the man. “If you leave the planet while you’re infected, then you’ll take the disease with you,” the young man explained. Turning, Chris spoke back into the kino. “Colonel, I’m not infected, plus, I can help T.J. and Auroa with the infected.”

“That’s a negative Chris,” Everett said, answering the question. “Right now I want you, Morrison, and Chloe to check out neighboring planets for that we can live on, incase we need to evacuate,” Everett answered. “We’ll send the kino back for you to use. Young out.”

Just then the gate closed up. Glancing over at Morrison, Chris had a feeling that the man was going to be smug.
                sigpic

Comment

Varro decided to inform Young about Brody's insane plan. Before he could do that, he blacked out.
                  --------------------------------------------------------
                  "I'm sorry, mr. Lucian. But I can't let you tell Young. My plan will work. The crew will start following the path. And if they won't, I will!" Brody said to the unconscious Varro. He then went to tell Colonel Young his "cure".
                  ---------------------------------------------------------
                  "Argh!!! DON'T YOU MORONS GET IT?!! Give me the bloody radio!!" Morrison yelled. He grabbed the radio and yelled at the Colonel. "Colonel, the disease is caused by Novus!!! If we leave, the disease will simply wear off. It's not infectious, the planet is causing it. THAT is why I, Chloe and Steele are not infected. Do you get it now?! Or do I have to come there and SHOOT it in your stupid head?!!!" Morrison yelled at the radio.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------
                  Eli once again opened his eyes. He was alone in the room. The kid tried to stand up. "I'm still weak. Must... must... find a cure." he said weakly. He then fell to the floor and lost consciousness.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------
                  Ischan woke up. He was covered in blood and it was nighttime. He saw a lake nearby. Thomas crawled to the lake and washed himself as best as he could. He then took his radio and contacted TJ. "Lt. Johansen, can you hear me? This is Captain Ischan. I'm... injured near Destiny Lake. Severely. I believe..."
                  Ischan lost consciousness and as he fell into the shore, his radio fell into a puddle, damaging it.
                  Last edited by rushy; 04 July 2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Aurora began to panic as the bodies piled up in the infirmary. Everyone pupils dilated and yellow in the cheeks and top of the hands. Most seemed to only uphold a consistent run of the mill flu like symptom while a select few seemed to become more diminished. While it seemed the plan was to find patient one.

As Aurora began to check on patients once again, she chose to now formulate a diagnostic that separated the severe to light illed patients. Starting with the most severe patients Aurora found the very first few that had arrived at the infirmary. “Alex, how are you? How do you feel, any changed from this morning.” While checking his vitals, Aurora noticed that his cheeks were very yellowish, and below eyes and around mouth were both red and irritated almost like a rash. Alex rolled his head towards her “Well its my vision, now I feel as if I am looking through a dirty door….” He paused to cough. “Its hard to see.” When Alex mentioned this, she noticed that his eyes proved to have some kind a slight film over the eyes. “Good, thank you Alex. Is there anything else that you can share with me” Alex began to cry abruptly. “I know how it started Aurora, I know what it is. Its all my fault. I just wanted to step off world, and I knew that it, well I wasn’t authorized to go. “

Aurora listened to his story through the gate. It happened three weeks ago, which in Aurora’s mind correlated with the time line of the virus. Aurora began to panic slightly. She had been visiting Brody’s meetings about leaving the planet and feeling like wise, felt ill to know the truth. She herself did not want to stay on Novus. She herself had faith that Rush would eventually locate the crew. She continued to listen.

“It was a hostile jungle environment and I knew that I should have left but I didn’t. When I delved deep into the forest, I came upon a small tribe of what I assumed to be indigenous peoples. They met me with curiosity but immense fear. The camp in which they stayed was piled with lifeless people; it looked as though they were being cocooned. The ones who approached me were yellow in the face. They spoke in a dialect I didn’t know. “Alex began to sob uncontrollably but insisted that he must go on. “They just grabbed me and pointed at the sick children on the ground. I didn’t know what to do Aurora, I’m telling you, I didn’t know. “Aurora pat Alex on the arm. “You need to rest. I will be back in an hour to re-check your vitals.”

“I’m telling you I didn’t know….I just didn’t”
                    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    T.J. rushed impatiently to patient to patient. "Aurora, how is Alex? He seems to be the worst.”

“Oh, uh, well he seems to be delirious. Perhaps the fever.”

T.J. was irritated by Aurora’s lack of empathy. “Right, well have you any thoughts, you are the geneticist. You are trained in this field.”

Aurora looked around “Yeah, well you know its hard to figure these things out, there is patient zero and so on. When we find them, we can derive a vaccine and so on. This virus has typical characteristics of one that can be solved. I wouldn’t be so worried. We will do this.”

Aurora’s patronizing tone had lent itself to T.J’s last nerve.

“Listen, these people may die. They may die because you refuse to pull up your sleeves and work.” T.J. looked Aurora in the eye. “If anyone dies because of your sick malice of your pitiful fear, you will have not this virus to worry about but me. Do I make myself clear? I suggest that you begin to show some results before it is clear that you are no longer capable of doing this job."

T.J walked away before the situation became worse.
                    ¬¬----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Camille found herself lost in this confrontation between leaving Novus. Although her previous attempts to defend Rush as a civilian were noble, rendering him as a savior was absolutely just out of control. She found herself at odds, although she knew that Brody deserved respect, at the same time, she knew that he was going to tear Novus apart.
                    sigpic
                    Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                    "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                    Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                    Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                    etc.....

Comment

Brody reached Young's house where he heard Morrison yelling about his "cure". Morrison knew it? Already? Well, now his main problem was Varro. He decided to tell TJ, making it look okay. At TJ's he heard Alex's recount of the virus. "What? I created the virus. She's got to be lying. Why? Does she support my plan or what?" Brody thought.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Morrison had been knocked out by Chris after his yelling.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Eli woke up back in his bed. He saw Aurora. "Hey. Any progress?" Eli asked.
                      Ischan woke up, still in the puddle. He was severely bleeding. He rose up as best he could, took a stick and quickly thought. He was far too tired to make it to Novus. He'd make it to the Stargate though. Why wasn't TJ here already? Thomas rose and eventually made it to the Stargate where the surprised Greer and Scott were waiting. Ischan gave a delirious salute. "I report that I am sick, oh Admiral!" Ischan weakly said and collapsed.

Comment

*Due to Rok losing interest in the RPG, I'm takin' over the leadership of the RPG and the character of Everett Young. If anyone still plays it. If you still play, Ripley2012, it's your turn.*

Comment

Hang on Rushy !

RoK set the game up and any change of Game Mods has to go via TameFarrar ( and me/Sky) ,so please hold off on RP-ing till that's clarified.

ETA : I just read you and RoK's VM conversation ,so can you BOTH send me a short PM verifying the change in leadership ,and I'll forward those on to TameFarrar to help her keep the RPG records straight.

Thanks in advance.

Play on !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Go ahead and take over rushy. Next time though, ask.
                            sigpic

Comment

No worries !

All sorted now,so play on,guys.
                              If you need anything ,drop me a line and I'll do my best to assist in place of TameFarrar ,and keep her informed.

*Bows out for now*
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

*Sorry about the quick Take-over. I was in a bad mood. Won't happen again. I'll just wait for now until anyone shows up to play.*

Comment

Working...
                                X