Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam nodded to Cate and turned back to Sally, only Sally wasn't there. It took a moment for him to realize that Sally was cloaked, "Sally, can we get in?"

((Been awhile since I posted O.o))
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

<100km's east of Tehran, freeezing Winter>

{Sally R8} NPC

"Of course you can, God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything, and everyone." She chuckled as the cloak dispersed, snow fell as it did and her doors unlocked. "What I love that show, I have it on my data base if you want to watch while we drive. Personally I see myself as six...." She began to ramble.

Cate was now standing on the right hand side, her hand went to the door as Sally released the locks, her feelings had settled a little and she managed a grin over the roof at her team mates, not that they could see her in the darkness but the thought was there. "Um...no not at the moment Sally...what six?"

"Yes Catherine, she wears red doesn't she?"

The seat was pre-heated and so comfortable after spending so much time in the cold, Cate embraced it with all her worth. "Oh yes, you're right. But I'm not calling you Caprica though."

"Now there's an idea.."

"Sally! come guys get in we have an appointment."

"It's a nice name though....."
      Last edited by RogueRanger; 26 January 2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

*brushes off dirt*

Dusty thread!

Scorpio ducked into the door Sally opened for her and admitted to herself that no matter how she loved winter, any winter but the one of her home was not much pleasant. So she embraced the heat of the car's interior and closed the door. She was now comfy on the backseat and Cate and Adam occupied front seats. The more menacing face would be seen through not-so-tan front windows, accompanying Cate's one, the better. Elena checked if all her stuff was with her and satisfied that weapons were in their place and other things in theirs, i.e. backpack, she finally let her tense nerves relax a bit, trusting third eye to watch things, not the primary two. The russian even yawned, but made haste to hide the yawn with her palm, pretending to hold back a sneeze.

"OK, Cate and Sally, drive away, we've to be in hurry. And if I'll fall asleep, don't wake me up until Death Gate has opened, deal?"

She finally noticed Batou snoring next to her, and sighed mentally. He reached the car minutes ago and was already in deep sleep, but on the other hand, it was a trait that comes with being a soldier. Next thing that reached her mind was call on the radio, which effictevely awaken Raiden as well.

"SG-4, that's Oddysey. Lieutenant Kusanagi is urgently required back home and his leave from the mission was authorised by the General. Sorry for stealing your people, Captain, but that's just not too lucky day for you."

"I see, and I hope all will be ok with him and his family." Turning to XO "Good luck, Batou, whatever it is, it must be more important than what's going on here. Go and know that even Sally will miss you... just a bit."

And Elena saw yet another team shift happen in the last 48 hours as he said goodbye to others second before the beam pulled him en orbit.
        Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 06 February 2011, 10:08 AM. Reason: Better, Mel? :P
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

((Much betterer ))

Cate didn't need urging, she turned the key and Sally's engine roared to life. At least the sound effects did. Under the hood was not the standard 6.0L engine normally found in her model, but a SGC modified Naquada generator and composite six hundred horsepower electric motor driving through another SGC made gearbox. All the equipment had been supplied to MI6 on the understanding the first model would be at SG4's disposal. Easing the shifter the car zoomed away across the snowy flat terrain, they would be in Tehran in less than an hour. Cate didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to Raiden, they'll miss him and now with one short, it would make the mission just that much harder. She hoped they could pick up another along the way. "We didn't need that Lena, but I guess we'll muddle through somehow." She bumped Adam in the ribs. "Besides, our saliorboy here can make up for two." She burst out laughing as the Sally picked up speed, they were now almost doing two hundred kilometres an hour and off the highway to boot.

Comment

Adam raised his hand as a farewell as Raiden was beamed up. Then grunted as Cate nudged him, probably a little harder than she meant, "A few more explosives, a bigger gun..."
            Adam gripped the doorhandle hard as Cate... or was it Sally?... as whoever accelerated, and it was more than a little bumpy. He spoke quite loudly to be heard, "Can't we use beaming to skip some of this stuff? No offense of course, Sally."
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

{Sally R8} NPC

"Why didn't you ask me muscles." Sally's velvet voice purred. She shifted, there was a noticable change in the ride and cabin feel. "Inertia dampeners, modified of course from one of your 302's."

"You tell us this now Sally?" Cate asked slightly amused.

"You never asked me Catherine."
              Last edited by RogueRanger; 10 February 2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

"Thank you, Sally."
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

"I wonder what will come next. Plasma cannons? Afterburners? Or just plain and simple missile?" Elena chuckled from her back seat and cuddled there as good as she could, and closed her eyes. "OK, I'm going to snore a bit, wake me up when something happens."
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

<Clipping the miles to Tehran, 40 to go>

{Sally R8} NPC

"You're welcome Adam, Elena and no.....though I do have point five calibre MG's in front which are fully target trackable...." There was a very slight giggle coming from her systems at that point.

Comment

"Mass drivers then... Well, I hope in somewhat 45 mins or 1 hour we'll be in Tehran, right?"

sigpic

Comment

"It has been thought of Elena, unfortunately my chassis doesn't have the proportions to accomodate one. We are there now. Catherine you should park near the Al-Sura market it's only a kilometre from the Rail Station. I will go to cloak and you all should try and sleep until dawn."

Cate looked out through the windows, she hadn't even noticed passing through the outlying suburbs, in fact she suspected Sally had already cloaked herself without saying. Knowing the area as well as she did, Cate took a few back roads and soon she had parked the car in between several large shipping containers. "Thank you Sally and yes I agree. We'll need to be sharp when we move. Night Lena, night Adam." She said as she closed her eyes and drifted off.

Comment

What speed exactly you used? Scorpio was a bit startled, and opened eyes to peer through the window only to see Tehran around. "Doesn't matter, though, thank you for the ride and night to you all three as well" She finally quieted down and headed to the Dreamworld.

sigpic

Comment

"Rise and shine my little dumplings" Sally's voice said at volume enough to be heard within the cabin. "It's 0600 and you have an hour before sunrise."

Cate stifeled a yawn, she tried to stretch but only succeeded in thumping Adam across the mouth. "Oops, sorry, my bad." She giggled only a little. She reached over and whacked Lena on the leg. "Hey sleepy head, go time."
                            Last edited by RogueRanger; 15 February 2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

((you were asking for that. ))

Normally that'd be more than enough to wake the Russian up, but last 2 days were quite wearing, so the smack up her leg barely shaked the shapes of her dreams a bit. "Just a five more minutes, grandad, I won't be late..." - Lena mumbled and turned her back to Cate.

sigpic

Comment

Adam rubbed the side of his mouth where he was struck, "I would really prefer an alarm instead of that, Cate." He stretched his legs, but unlike Cate, he was going to wait until they weren't in such close quarters before stretching his arms.
                                ---
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X