X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww gee, well you could be one of the kids in the cave then

Comment

Hehehe, some ground work was done by our Pookey while I was sleeping. Now that's really nice.

Originally posted by pookey
      This is a tourists view of Tottenham Court Road station:

Quite possibly the worst tube station in London. To get on the Central line:

1) You must descend 3 miles towards the center of the earth down a spiral staircase stuck behind tourists, old people and oblivious morons.

2) Then (and for those of you who understand irony and sarcasm, this is my favorite part) you must go UP A <censored> ESCALATOR. Why the <censored> did you just make me walk down all those stairs just to make me go up again?

3) Walk 5 miles through a tunnel behind more tourists, old people and oblivious morons, many of whom will decide to stop suddenly in narrow passageways and thus <censored> up everyone's progress. <censored>.

No matter which entrance you go in, it's the wrong one. No matter which exit you come out of, it's also the wrong one.

This sad excuse for a tube station is a monument to poor engineering. There are so many inexplicable twists, turns, ups and downs that I swear it was designed by Dig Dug. Be sure to blow up those dragons before they get to the surface.
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Crilkey it sounds a lot like Melbourne, only the open part not the underground part Ok Vad you and Weeds play as you will. We've got a new player who will NPC some charries for us, so be careful out there Back to class

Comment

My classes start only on 13th. I'm a Master and we're allowed many things that Bachelors and other students aren't, like lazyness.
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Chiswick Park??? Man, there're dozens of possible routes from Tottenham! For now we'd better know if the Korean will interchange for Piccadilly train at Leicester Square or he'll travel to the Embankment Station to interchange directly for District line... And will he travel South at all? He can take a northern train to interchange on some other line going South, like Victoria... Or he can still go south from Tottenham but jump on Bakerloo or Circle lines at the Embankment... Thoughts?

sigpic

Comment

Sorry dude, he's a spook, what can I say Besides if he needs to get back to the embassy, it's the shortest route on foot as far as the Google map shows anyway. Ok I'll pop in again tomorrow and see how you are doing. Thanks again Mel for the great thing you have going here. And V, good posts man, you've got it down pat, all of you have in fact.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

Closest station is Acton actually, from Chiswick he'll have to cover triple more distance to Gunnersbury Ave/Baronsmede croos. Oh, and thank you...
                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 07 September 2010, 09:38 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, I see it. Bloody smart NK's. It is longer but I think the streets will give him more time to plan if he has to retreat. I'll do a quick post before we cast off. Once the boat is off the wharf I lose my net connection

Comment

OK, just determine where he'll head first, or we can circle the whole London even if the city is quite small.

ETA: Saw the post, will reply later, when I'll study thoroughly Northern and Central lines and realise where to send him... Probably North, then interchange to Victoria and then Circle&District or something...
                    Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 07 September 2010, 11:13 PM.

sigpic

Comment

You kids are doin extremely well, credos to all of you
                      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Another thank you posted.

sigpic

Comment

OK... Let's assume that as Rick said our smart Korean heads to the Chiswick Park and decided to give us all a ride... So as I see it, he's heading northbound now, next station is Goodge Street with no interchanges, but next one, Warren Street has interchange with Victoria line... Let's see where he'll head from there - stay on northern, or interchange lines and head either south on Victoria or heading northeast on it for some other line... Any surprises welcomed...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                            OK... Let's assume that as Rick said our smart Korean heads to the Chiswick Park and decided to give us all a ride... So as I see it, he's heading northbound now, next station is Goodge Street with no interchanges, but next one, Warren Street has interchange with Victoria line... Let's see where he'll head from there - stay on northern, or interchange lines and head either south on Victoria or heading northeast on it for some other line... Any surprises welcomed...
                            *snort* Ok ..... well!! Hehehehehe
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Not that kind of surprises, I meant with that Korean, but what the... This old woman just got into some serious problems... WEEEEDS!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                                Not that kind of surprises, I meant with that Korean, but what the... This old woman just got into some serious problems... WEEEEDS!!
                                *giggles* Ok ......it's the infamous lol syndrome..... (Little old lady syndrome) Now you have an ethical dilemma *snickers* You could always split up....one continue pursuit the other stay back and help her. And plan a rendezvous point .....*giggles* can't wait to see what you guys come up with
                                Originally posted by jelgate
                                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Working...
                                X