Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate New Seasons SG1 ~ Resurgence ~ USS General Hammond ~ Missions Thread RPG

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Major Marks}

"On it, will do, and yes, ma'am."
    Kevin smiled a little as he spit out all three answers. He got in his chair and got to work. "Hammond to Daedalus, advice testing warheads prior to engagement."
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

Bonnie had just finished refuelling Dragon's bird and headed over to him to let him know when "God" came in all bluster and typically furious. She feared the man to her heart but repsected him also. He was like a father really to all the youngsters, stern but fair. She tried to block her ears but at the same time enjoyed the fact that Major Thracen was in the poo again. She stood next to Dragon and quietly spoke to him. "Captain sir. Your bird is shiny, all good to go sir." She paused, not sure if she should ask, but she did anyway. "What's with Major Thracen today sir, she seems rather..ah more antsy than usual."

{Capt. Danny Chang *Dragon*}

"Thanks Heckman" Danny answered the airman in a low voice. Then he heard her question Wow, this girl has really a lot of courage and curiosity to ask an officer such a question in such a moment! He waited silently for Mason to yell at Starbreaker, afraid he could be punished too if silence was broken but also quite curious abuot the punishment God prepared for Karina.
      Then he answered Bonnie: "Well, I don't kow for sure, you women are quite a mistery, but I suppose there are two reasons for her behavior: 1, She's in a sort of competition with Lt. Darkness to breake more rules as possible, and Spook has just added an impressive bad mark on her record; 2, I think she's nervous because Spook has been punished and she knew it was just a matter of time before it would happen to herself too. But these things shouldn't be of your concern, Airman Heckman..." he said to her in a reproaching tone "But this time I'm not taking this up, curiosity is also a problem of mine..... Not that I usually consider that a problem.." he added winking. Her curiosity reminded him his own behavior when he was younger...
      sigpic
      Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

{1st Lt. Tobias Maxwell *Violin*} - {1st Lt. Alyssa O'Sullivan *Fairie*}

At least, someone cares about discipline here..... Tobias tought pleased, stroking his black goatee with a grin. He's always been a perfectionist, he always sticked to the rules, and he hated when people didn't behave as he did. He wasn't evil, but really severe.
        Alyssa noticed Violin pleased smile "Stop acting like this, please. It's never good to laugh to one's mistake, especially if it's one of ours, and our superior officer. Besides, I don't like all of this stuff...." she said to him, omitting to say that she didn't like Mason, she often felt his disapproval for what he called her "naive behavior", her dreaming attitude and her little mystical rituals; still she greately respected Mason. "It all seems a pure waste of time....."

Last edited by clauz89; 16 December 2010, 11:46 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by jmoz View Post

{CMS John "God" Mason}

He starts to pace back and forth. Then he leans very close to her face and blows smoke out of his stogie at her face.

He says very calmly,"Tell me Major, what would happen if you were to die?" He rolls his stogie around his mouth, eyebrows knitted.

"Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question. If you were to die, we'd have an inexperienced new flight leader. So tell me, how can we have an experienced backup leader?" John placed his hands on his hips, his stance was definitely threatening now.

"Silence! It was merely another rhetorical question. Only way is if you make yourself scarce. Give them the combat experience to learn how to be flight leader." John hands Starbreaker a bag. "Here, this is my laundry. I want shirts ironed, pants ironed and my shoes shining like space. Is that clear?!"

{CMS John "God" Mason}
          {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

Starbreaker looked through him rather than at him....there was just something about this man that she couldn't shake....and if she achieved eye contact with him....she was fearful that she wouldn't have the courage to respond in such a way as to not give in....not give up. She had to keep up her tough act...maybe it was to keep herself strong so that she could go out and be ready to die every time she launched in her bird. Maybe it was to not ever let herself become weak enough to let anyone inside....so that she would never really depend on anyone....so if she lost them it wouldn't matter. Cuz to her...what they did...put everyone she cared about at risk...... and in that environment....attachments can make you weak....so she chose to not become too attached. She bounced her eyes to the floor and then back up again.... she winced just a bit when he bellowed out.....

"Here, this is my laundry. I want shirts ironed, pants ironed and my shoes shining like space. Is that clear?!"

Impulsively without even thinking she responded ..."Can I answer now....chief ....or is that another rhetorical question??" She wanted so badly to giggle....not because she thought it was funny....but to keep from shaking cuz she was really very afraid....but didn't dare show it. She whisked the bag of laundry from the towering mans strong hand and slung it over her shoulder... "Don't answer that.... I'll take that it wasn't a rhetorical question.....so....Chief YES THAT"S CLEAR!!" She flinched a bit as she was sure he was going to punch her out right there but she waited until there was a strong silence between them....still not looking at him.... she hefted on the heavy load now straining against her back. "Now if that is all....I'll get right on these." She giggled slightly....giving him some cause for alarm that now his knickers were under her care.
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by clauz89 View Post
            Spoiler:

"Thanks Heckman" Danny answered the airman in a low voice. Then he heard her question Wow, this girl has really a lot of courage and curiosity to ask an officer such a question in such a moment! He waited silently for Mason to yell at Starbreaker, afraid he could be punished too if silence was broken but also quite curious abuot the punishment God prepared for Karina.
            Then he answered Bonnie: "Well, I don't kow for sure, you women are quite a mistery, but I suppose there are two reasons for her behavior: 1, She's in a sort of competition with Lt. Darkness to breake more rules as possible, and Spook has just added an impressive bad mark on her record; 2, I think she's nervous because Spook has been punished and she knew it was just a matter of time before it would happen to herself too. But these things shouldn't be of your concern, Airman Heckman..." he said to her in a reproaching tone "But this time I'm not taking this up, curiosity is also a problem of mine..... Not that I usually consider that a problem.." he added winking. Her curiosity reminded him his own behavior when he was younger...

"Wow sir, I mean like she's alway's in trouble with someone...but God, and I mean him." She pointed to the Chief. "He scares the crap out of me most of the time. I think I'll just hide behind you'all for a while. He'll have me on report just for not having my hair tied back in a service manner."

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
              Spoiler:

{CMS John "God" Mason}
              {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

Starbreaker looked through him rather than at him....there was just something about this man that she couldn't shake....and if she achieved eye contact with him....she was fearful that she wouldn't have the courage to respond in such a way as to not give in....not give up. She had to keep up her tough act...maybe it was to keep herself strong so that she could go out and be ready to die every time she launched in her bird. Maybe it was to not ever let herself become weak enough to let anyone inside....so that she would never really depend on anyone....so if she lost them it wouldn't matter. Cuz to her...what they did...put everyone she cared about at risk...... and in that environment....attachments can make you weak....so she chose to not become too attached. She bounced her eyes to the floor and then back up again.... she winced just a bit when he bellowed out.....

"Here, this is my laundry. I want shirts ironed, pants ironed and my shoes shining like space. Is that clear?!"

Impulsively without even thinking she responded ..."Can I answer now....chief ....or is that another rhetorical question??" She wanted so badly to giggle....not because she thought it was funny....but to keep from shaking cuz she was really very afraid....but didn't dare show it. She whisked the bag of laundry from the towering mans strong hand and slung it over her shoulder... "Don't answer that.... I'll take that it wasn't a rhetorical question.....so....Chief YES THAT"S CLEAR!!" She flinched a bit as she was sure he was going to punch her out right there but she waited until there was a strong silence between them....still not looking at him.... she hefted on the heavy load now straining against her back. "Now if that is all....I'll get right on these." She giggled slightly....giving him some cause for alarm that now his knickers were under her care.
              {CMS John "God" Mason}

He restrained from cracking a smile at her obvious quavering. It helped when she asked if he asked another rhetorical question. He glared at her shooting invisible death rays out of his eyes.

"Dismissed!"

He let the giggle slide because he could her the anxiety in it. He stared daggers at her as she staggered away. As soon as she turned the corner out of hearing range, he roared in laughter, "Bwahahahahaaaa! She'll be just fine."

He pondered on how he knew she'll be just fine. He realized she reminded him of himself when he was younger. Then he had a sudden horrible thought, something he did to his commander who made him do his laundry. "She better not mess up my lucky underwear!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                ---> from Daedy thread
                Spoiler:

((hope I'm going about this right, tell me if I'm not please, thankyou))

The beam in dropped the pilots straight into the hangar bay, and Connor grinned a little seeing each deposited next to their birds. Yup, never got old. He watched as crewmen approached the pilots to start prepping them for their flight. He accepted the helmet and the other protective gear and climbed aboard his bird, in the corner of his eye he saw Frank and the rest of his wing do the same.

Mason clicked the comms to contact the bridge. "Bridge, this is Goose, requesting take off clearance; we're ready as anything down here." His voice was calm and reserved, as always.
                He watched Karina get ready as he waited, one eye on the controls, and sent a mental prayer her way. Fly safe, Starbreaker.

Connor manouvered his 302 into position as the yellow shirted crewman waved him onto the launching bay, he gave a quick salute and waited as he watched the count down lights at the other end blink down. The throttle was wide open now and only held by pressure on the brakes. Finally green. As he released and shot out like a cannon shell he called the bridge one final time. "Major Marks, Goose is away see you later."

<to SG1-SG3 thread>

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                {Major Marks}
                Spoiler:

"On it, will do, and yes, ma'am."
                Spoiler:
                Kevin smiled a little as he spit out all three answers. He got in his chair and got to work. "Hammond to Daedalus, advice testing warheads prior to engagement."

{Colonel Samantha Carter}

Sam headed out of the bridge and down the companion way. She thought she had time to quickly go down to the hangar deck just to see how things were going, she'd only be gone a few minutes at most. As the elevator door slid open, John Mason was standing there with a large grin on his face. Of course Sam had set it up, so she knew from his look it must have gone down well. "So John, I take it she's a little pissed at the moment? I hope so, it'll put some fire in her belly. I'm getting coffee wanna join with?"

Comment

Spoiler:

"Wow sir, I mean like she's alway's in trouble with someone...but God, and I mean him." She pointed to the Chief. "He scares the crap out of me most of the time. I think I'll just hide behind you'all for a while. He'll have me on report just for not having my hair tied back in a service manner."

"I'm wondering why I'm letting you go away with this..... Danny thought aloud
                  "You can come out now, he's gone...
                  But you'd better be sure my bird is really perfect, or I'll report directly to him...."
                  He tried to scare her, but smiling
                  sigpic
                  Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                    {CMS John "God" Mason}

He restrained from cracking a smile at her obvious quavering. It helped when she asked if he asked another rhetorical question. He glared at her shooting invisible death rays out of his eyes.

"Dismissed!"

He let the giggle slide because he could her the anxiety in it. He stared daggers at her as she staggered away. As soon as she turned the corner out of hearing range, he roared in laughter, "Bwahahahahaaaa! She'll be just fine."

He pondered on how he knew she'll be just fine. He realized she reminded him of himself when he was younger. Then he had a sudden horrible thought, something he did to his commander who made him do his laundry. "She better not mess up my lucky underwear!"

{CMS John "God" Mason} {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen} {Jeremy "Runner" Cordova} {Mark "B.B." Patterson} {Owen "Hammer"Conner} - Blue/Lima Squadron

Karina braced herself for what she thought would be a right dressing down...she was prepared for it as she usually is...but upon hearing the Chief bellow out his abrupt....

"Dismissed!"

She fell back slightly allowing her weight to crush down on her heels in relief. She smiled at him in the way that tends to melt the hearts of these older men.... forcing them see the innocence in her....one that could easily be that of their own daughter. After all she was a woman who had been abused in the system and who had learned to abuse it. It was a reciprocal arrangement...but when push came to shove she knew just how far she could push things.

She turned swiftly and carried the large load toward her ship mates and threw it down in the middle of their circle. They had been talking quietly amongst themselves....probably placing their own bets between them as to what punishment she would render this time out. She roused them back to reality as she glared at each and everyone of them. "Ok now that you've all had your laugh at me for the day.... here's what we're gonna do..... B.B. you can do the dark colors.... Hammer you've got the light.... Jeremy....you and I ....well we're gonna play with the whites...yes his lucky underwear and T's..." She had to chuckle wickedly as she winked toward him encouraging his compliance....."do you think you could make your way into the laundry supply and secure some liquid starch? That outta fix him... after all we have better things to do with our time than play with his frakkin' laundry!"

Hammer and B.B. reached for the bundled laundry sack and began sorting it whisking away with their specified items.... "Gotcha this has to be the most humiliating thing since we were on latrine duty for the time you failed to follow landing protocal and did that unauthorized fly by.... " B.B. sighed in disappointment... "If it weren't for the fact that we make such an awesome team...I'd try to see if I could get on Dragon's team over there." He nodded in the direction of the Captain who he knew was no nonsense and ran a "tight" squadron.

"Yeah but where is the fun in that?" Hammer interjected as he gingerly picked up a hard clump of wadded up clothing that seemed to be stuck together with some sort of dried goo. "Uh.... ewwwwww ok this is just .....more than I want to even venture to guess...yeah....nevermind... ok....where are the latex gloves?? This definately doesn't fit in my job description!!"

Karina had to laugh as she thought she saw Hammer gag but she held it together trying to remain serious so they could get this task over and onto more important things.... "oh come on Hammer....you and your OCD... be glad you don't have the whites.... I mean God himself only knows what sort of crusties we'll find in those... I mean literally!!" She glanced over at her now sulking wingman who was more than a little perturbed. "WHAT??!!"

"I don't know Karina.....this is NOT FUNNY.... you know how this will only continue to snowball if we pull another prank on him....we need to just do this....the right way and get this over with.....you can't continue to be defiant in everything you do!!"
                    Jeremy pulled her in with his eyes....he quite possibly was the only one who could do this...make her come to her senses and be reasonable and take her lumps like a man. He softened for her and made her heart go numb just as he knew it would as he finished with his plea..."come on Rina.... do it for me ....for us if anything...we don't want to continue with these ridiculous tasks because you are hot headed and cant' seem to follow command." He got in her space trying to plead with her because he knew with her it was either compassion or bloodshed ...and he didn't feel like busting her chops....too many others had been doing that lately.

She sighed and let her head drop to her feet as she shuffled them nervously contemplating his wise words.....wanting to be good but feeling the impulse to resist the urge......she let out a combative defense..."But damn it Jer... I just hate when people treat me like a second class citizen.... I mean why didn't he just give me push ups or to clean the latrines or wipe down all the d-com birds...he has to give me some woman's work like we are stuck in the 1950's again....that is just.....so.....so.....sexist!!" She fumed under her breath as she felt like lashing out and knew Hammer was her safest choice.

"I know I know...but it's not about you....being a woman ... Breaker.. it's that maybe that is the first thing that popped into his head.... I'm sure if it were me he'd do the same thing." the captain tried to reason with her.

"Yeah I'll bet.... no he'd probably have you cleaning the gats or the pocket rockets....but Noooo I get .....to do......his laundry??!!!" She complained.

Runner knew then that he was wearing her down...after all she had moved from anger and defiance to acceptance and grief. He knew she had stages to her emotional roller coaster and he was always there to ride 'em out with her knowing he'd eventually get her to a productive rational state. "Well we're just gonna do this one straight.....Karina....we are....now let's go..... " He winged the hefty load over his shoulder and waved at her to follow him....and she reluctantly but willingly followed his lead on it.....as they disappeared out of the hanger bay area.
                    Last edited by squirrely1; 18 December 2010, 05:54 PM.
                    Originally posted by jelgate
                    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                      {1st Lt. Tobias Maxwell *Violin*} - {1st Lt. Alyssa O'Sullivan *Fairie*}

At least, someone cares about discipline here..... Tobias tought pleased, stroking his black goatee with a grin. He's always been a perfectionist, he always sticked to the rules, and he hated when people didn't behave as he did. He wasn't evil, but really severe.
                      Alyssa noticed Violin pleased smile "Stop acting like this, please. It's never good to laugh to one's mistake, especially if it's one of ours, and our superior officer. Besides, I don't like all of this stuff...." she said to him, omitting to say that she didn't like Mason, she often felt his disapproval for what he called her "naive behavior", her dreaming attitude and her little mystical rituals; still she greately respected Mason. "It all seems a pure waste of time....."

{Cap. Tommaso Raimondi *Italian*} - {1st Lt. Alyssa O'Sullivan *Fairie*} - {1st Lt. Tobias Maxwell *Violin*}

"No, it's not Fairie, discipline is really important, I thought you would have already learn it from Dragon..." Tommaso corrected her "Besides, we're still waiting for Goose and Mason to escort SG1 and 3, and they're just fine the way they are, they won't need anyone else.
                      And you, Violin, you'd better go on double-checking your whole bird as usual, and stopping to be pleased by your friends mistakes...."

"Yes, sir" Tobias answered, turning away from them, quite pissed off. He never considered Starbreaker his friend, and he really hated to be scolded when he knew he was right. But his rules preventing him to do anything against his squadron, so he could only let his frustration grow, waiting to vent it on those villains of the LA.

sigpic
                      Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Spoiler:

"I'm wondering why I'm letting you go away with this..... Danny thought aloud
                        "You can come out now, he's gone...
                        But you'd better be sure my bird is really perfect, or I'll report directly to him...."
                        He tried to scare her, but smiling
                        Spoiler:

{Cap. Tommaso Raimondi *Italian*} - {1st Lt. Alyssa O'Sullivan *Fairie*} - {1st Lt. Tobias Maxwell *Violin*}

"No, it's not Fairie, discipline is really important, I thought you would have already learn it from Dragon..." Tommaso corrected her "Besides, we're still waiting for Goose and Mason to escort SG1 and 3, and they're just fine the way they are, they won't need anyone else.
                        And you, Violin, you'd better go on double-checking your whole bird as usual, and stopping to be pleased by your friends mistakes...."

"Yes, sir" Tobias answered, turning away from them, quite pissed off. He never considered Starbreaker his friend, and he really hated to be scolded when he knew he was right. But his rules preventing him to do anything against his squadron, so he could only let his frustration grow, waiting to vent it on those villains of the LA.

Breathing a sigh of relief Bonnie stepped away from her hiding place and stood near Lt O'Sullivan. She was one of the few officers on board who didn't look down on her. Answering the Captain's question was an easy one for her, Bonnie was probably the best airframe tech on board. "Sir, I'd fly with you myself if I were alowed, she's better than new as with the rest of your flight Sir."

Bonnie thought she perhaps should take the moment to tell "Starbreaker" that her unit's 302's were shipshape and as she was about to move away, once again her unruly her unravelled itself. She plucked the band of the end and went back to "Fairie". Holding the small elastic in her hand she asked. "Ma'am would you mind? I can't seem to make a braid that stays put."

Comment

Spoiler:

Breathing a sigh of relief Bonnie stepped away from her hiding place and stood near Lt O'Sullivan. She was one of the few officers on board who didn't look down on her. Answering the Captain's question was an easy one for her, Bonnie was probably the best airframe tech on board. "Sir, I'd fly with you myself if I were alowed, she's better than new as with the rest of your flight Sir."

Bonnie thought she perhaps should take the moment to tell "Starbreaker" that her unit's 302's were shipshape and as she was about to move away, once again her unruly her unravelled itself. She plucked the band of the end and went back to "Fairie". Holding the small elastic in her hand she asked. "Ma'am would you mind? I can't seem to make a braid that stays put."

{Capt. Danny Chang *Dragon*} - {1st Lt. Alyssa O'Sullivan *Fairie*}

Danny nodded at the airman, he knew she was good at her job "Tanks, Heckman, but I think it's better this way... Otherwise, who would take care of my bird?" she said laughing.

Alyssa saw Heckman in her own disorder and she struggled to hold back a laugh. "Bonnie, you're one of the best airframe tech we have, you manage to keep perfect all of these birds and you still cannot tie you hair?!" She grabbed the elastic and she easily arranged her braid. "Here you are.... Oh, and, Bonnie... would you please do me a favour?... Light a candle for me... for us all..." She winked, hoping the airman would understand.

sigpic
                          Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

*Radio from "Goose" Mason~escort 1*

"Hammond actual, this is father Goose, we are in the green five by five. Permission to proceed over."
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

"Stand by, Father Goose." Marks switched frequencies, "Colonel Carter, Goose is requesting permission to proceed."
                              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                              ---
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

{Capt. Danny Chang *Dragon*} - {1st Lt. Alyssa O'Sullivan *Fairie*}

Danny nodded at the airman, he knew she was good at her job "Tanks, Heckman, but I think it's better this way... Otherwise, who would take care of my bird?" she said laughing.

Alyssa saw Heckman in her own disorder and she struggled to hold back a laugh. "Bonnie, you're one of the best airframe tech we have, you manage to keep perfect all of these birds and you still cannot tie you hair?!" She grabbed the elastic and she easily arranged her braid. "Here you are.... Oh, and, Bonnie... would you please do me a favour?... Light a candle for me... for us all..." She winked, hoping the airman would understand.

Bonnie turned around and thanked Alyssa, it was good for her to have a least one friend amongst the officers. "Oh don't worry ma'am I'll have my cabin full of candles. You guys are my bread and butter you know, without your flight I'd be unemployed." She felt her braid, so lovely and tight, it'll never come undone now. "Yeah I can fix your guns ma'am, but as for myself I'm a bit of a lost case." Danny was next to her and she looked into his eyes. "I was serious sir, anytime you need a backseat driver...." She remembered she had to speak to Starbreaker about something. "I'll be back before you leave."

Bonnie ducked away and skidded to a halt next to Major Thracen. "Ma'am sorry I got delyed earlier today. I just wnated to let you know, I fixed the oil leaks and the auto sights are adjusted ma'am."

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                                "Stand by, Father Goose." Marks switched frequencies, "Colonel Carter, Goose is requesting permission to proceed."
                                {Colonel Samantha Carter}

Sam waited for John to reply, he seemed to be thinking of something as she spoke. Her coms alerted her. "A moment John." She tapped her link. "Permission granted Kevin and wish them well for me please. I'll be in the bridge in a few minutes."

As Sam waited for Kevin Marks to reply, something made her head turn to see Colonel Reynolds making his way toward her. "I thought he was injured." She thought to herself.
                                Last edited by RogueRanger; 21 December 2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X