X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<USS Apollo> <Atlantis Orbit>

{Major Karina Fothering} NPC + NPC

"Will do." Karina nodded to the technician to close communications.

"All casualties are now on Atlantis, Major," a technician informed. Karina nodded. At least they would now be receiving treatment. She hoped that Colonel Davidson would be okay and recover soon. As much as she felt honoured that he had trusted her, she still preferred to have him in command.

"How are the repairs going?"

"Repairs are underway, Major."

Karina allowed herself a smile. At least something was going right today. As soon as she was certain things were well in hand, she would beam down to Atlantis to talk with Woolsey.
    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
    sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

The sickbay was a welcome sight, and Jennifer sprang into action as soon as she was able to moving across the room to check each of her patients. As CMO, her responsibility was absolute, and she would not shirk a single second of it. And the responsibility she carried for the Baku children was no less, either.

"How's the Colonel?" she asked, moving to his bed.

"Seems to be doing fine, Doctor," the medic replied. "He'ssleeping now, rather than unconscious."

Keller read his obs, and made a small satisfied noise. "Good,"she said.

Crossing to the children, she took Jacinta's hand and began to lead them out of sickbay. She and they headed towards the command centre. A chat with Woolsey was required.
      Last edited by Isolde; 27 September 2010, 05:36 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis>

{Richard Woolsey} {Chuck Campbell} NPC's

Richard watched in dismay as the casualties were arriving and the news of Sheppard's team did not sit well with either, he returned to the command station and spoke to Chuck Campbell about their present situation and to prepare to send a communique to the SGC as soon as possible. "The moment Doctor Keller is free and Major Fothering appears, ask them to come to my office please."

"Yes sir, the Doctor is in the infirmary now, should I call her?"

"No, wait until she contacts you...I'm sure she will."
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

<Atlanis> <Passageway>

Jacinta couldn't stop staring at people, they fascinated her, and every time a new face passed her she brightened a little more, getting bolder as each person drew near calling out. "Hi I'm Jacinta, this is my new mummy." Pointing up to Jennifer. She was beyond reproach, no one could not smile at her, or pat the little tussled head. One though, a burly SF Marine, with stoic face seemed to frown, at which as soon as his back was to her, earned what all five year olds do, poked her tongue out at him and then giggled.

Comment

<Atlanis> <Command Centre>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

They all rounded the corner to the command centre, and through the doors as Jennifer's com clicked to life. "I'm already here," she called, and saw Chuck nod an acknowledgement to her.

Herding the kids up the stairs, she frowned at Jacinta, and said, "No more tongue poking, young lady, as Mr. Woolsey wants to talk to me, and you have to be good. OK?"

Woolsey's office loomed large in front of her, and seated at his desk, she could see the base commander, his eyes fixed on a tablet, reading a report.
            sigpic

Comment

{Major Karina Fothering}

Karina checked the repair report, everything seemed to be well in hand for now. "Have me beamed down to Atlantis," she said to the nearest technician. The tech nodded and a few seconds later Major Fothering materialised in the Atlantis Command Centre
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                <Atlanis> <Command Centre>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

They all rounded the corner to the command centre, and through the doors as Jennifer's com clicked to life. "I'm already here," she called, and saw Chuck nod an acknowledgement to her.

Herding the kids up the stairs, she frowned at Jacinta, and said, "No more tongue poking, young lady, as Mr. Woolsey wants to talk to me, and you have to be good. OK?"

Woolsey's office loomed large in front of her, and seated at his desk, she could see the base commander, his eyes fixed on a tablet, reading a report.
                {Jacinta} NPC

"Um...ok....I guess." She held Jennifer's hand though for dear life, there was no way in all the worlds she would let go. Losing your family would be hard on her, all the kids and any bond she could make now in these early times, might at least stabilse the mental state. She looked up at the man with the funny things on his face, her little head peering over the desk top. "Are you gonna be our daddy sir?" Little fraudulent tears started to roll down her face.

Originally posted by Draygon View Post

{Major Karina Fothering}

Karina checked the repair report, everything seemed to be well in hand for now. "Have me beamed down to Atlantis," she said to the nearest technician. The tech nodded and a few seconds later Major Fothering materialised in the Atlantis Command Centre
                Chuck glanced at the newcomer and recognised a familiar face, he smiled even though today wasn't a smiling day, Karina always had that affect on him. "Hey." He said. "Woolsey's office...Karina, I hope you've got your armour on."

Comment

<Atlantis><Command Centre>

{Major Karina Fothering}

Karina smiled back. She liked Chuck, he was someone she counted as a good friend. "You know me, Chuck," she said, "always ready for anything."

She walked over to Woolsey's office and stood to attention. She also noticed the young children that seemed to be sticking to Dr Keller and offered the doctor a quick nod of acknowledgement.
                  sigpic

Comment

<Atlantis> - <Command Centre>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

"Good to see you, Karina," Jennifer said, and narrowed her eyes at the unrepentant Jacinta, as she gave the greeting. Sighing, she took the poppet's hand and steered her away from the desk, and the gimlet gaze of Richard Woolsey. "Sorry about that."

The other children were suspicious, and clustered closer to their new friend. There were far too many people in uniform hanging around, and it made them nervous, something Jennifer could relate to well. She scanned the room, looking for something she could distract them with. Anything she could use, because there wasn't likely to be any chocolate she could bribe them with.

"Rolf -" she murmured, and the boy came forward, reluctant to face the stranger - "this is Mr. Woolsey, and he is going to help us find somewhere for you all to live."
                    sigpic

Comment

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

He tried to muster a smile, but right now Woolsey felt like anything but smiling. A very slight crease of his mouth was all he could muster. Yet the tussle hair young boy had a bright eye and intelligent face, he didn't appear to be the average village boy. Probably being all that was left of the Baku people, matured him very quickly in the space of days.

"Hello Rolf. Perhaps we should sit huh? Jennifer, Karina, tell me everything that happened. Jennifer you first, what happened on Baku." He leaned on the desk, one of the small ones came around and stood near, his hand dropped and took hers, he could feel the fear in her.

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

Keller saw Woolsey take the child's hand, and warm approval for his attitude filled her. He often appeared dour, unapproachable, and even downright hostile, but he had a kind heart. Meeting his eyes, she thinned her mouth. "Ambush. The Genii were there, and... " she hesitated, as the childrens eyes fixed on her, hollow with pain. "Suffice it to say, the village has been decimated."

Damn. She didn't want to add to the trauma these kids had been through, but there was no easy way to say it. No easy way to talk about the slaughter of their parents or friends.

"They attacked us pretty much as soon as we entered the village," she added, steering from the subject with as much grace as she could. "They destroyed the jumper."
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by benoz777 View Post

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

He tried to muster a smile, but right now Woolsey felt like anything but smiling. A very slight crease of his mouth was all he could muster. Yet the tussle hair young boy had a bright eye and intelligent face, he didn't appear to be the average village boy. Probably being all that was left of the Baku people, matured him very quickly in the space of days.

"Hello Rolf. Perhaps we should sit huh? Jennifer, Karina, tell me everything that happened. Jennifer you first, what happened on Baku." He leaned on the desk, one of the small ones came around and stood near, his hand dropped and took hers, he could feel the fear in her.
                          {Major Evan Lorne}

Evan walked into the Command Centre, his pace brisk and his face schooled into an impassive mask. He'd seen the stream of casualties on his way up and what with his summons, things couldn't be going as well as they'd hoped.

Taking the stairs two at a time, he spared the technicians a single glance, noting how harrowed some of them looked, as he walked by, coming to a stop just outside Woolsey's office. Looking in, he could see Woolsey at his desk, Dr. Keller and the kids from Baku and an Air Force Major, none of them looking like the conversation he was about to interrupt was a happy one.

With a sharp knock, he mentally counted to two out of politeness before stepping in and standing to attention "You wanted to see me, sir?"
                          │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
                          .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
                          Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Comment

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

Seeing Major Lorne enter brought a ray of hope to Richard's gloomy mood. He picked the small girl up and placed her on his lap. "Yes Major, take a seat please." He tapped his monitor screen with his finger and brought up a list of personnel. "Chuck, could you call Lieutenant Benedict up here for me please?"

"Yes sir." Chuck initiated his comslink. "Lieutenant Benedict, Mr Woolsey would like to see you in command please."

Richard heard and thanked him, then continued. "Jennifer, where there any indications these Genii were responsible for the attacks on Baku? our intelligence is sketchy, but we believe they possess a ship now."
                            He thought there might be a link here so he turned to Karina. "Major Fothering, now can you tell me what happened with the Apollo, how was Colonel Davidson injured?"

Comment

<Atlantis> <Command Centre>

{Major Karina Fothering}

Karina stood up a little straighter as Woolsey addressed her. "We were in orbit and attempting to aid Colonel Sheppard and his team, we sent down re-enforcements and beamed Dr Keller and those with her to the Apollo." She glanced over at Keller and to the children steadily taking over the office.

"Colonel Davidson was going to speak with Dr Keller when two Ancient Aurora class ships came out of hyperspace and attacked. Colonel Davidson was injured when we were hit. We were unprepared and wouldn't have survived open combat, so I gave the order to withdraw back to Atlantis." Karina felt guilty for leaving Sheppard and the others behind to who knew what fate, and didn't want to place the blame for the order on anyone but herself. In her mind, it had been the only tactical decision.
                              sigpic

Comment

{Richard Woolsey} NPC

"Hmmm, I see. This is bad news." Richard caught the unsure look in Karina's eyes, he knew how she felt only too well. "You could have done nothing less Major, you saved the lives of your crew and for that we're grateful. But, now think on this clearly, obviously they were not either Travellers and we know, at least we hope there are no Asuran's left. I'm going to presume they didn't hail you before attacking, was there anything odd in the moments before they fired, did your sensors pick up anything unusual?"

Comment

Working...
                                X