• Show
Clear All

Isolde, I've edited my previous posts and posted again for you dear
    Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by marilynrose View Post
      Isolde, I've edited my previous posts and posted again for you dear
      Thanks... I really appreciate that, and the tolerance shown to me.
      sigpic

Comment

*what tolerance, gets out whip* "Start writing girl"

You're doing good Issy oh and if you can think of a virolent NPC to post in the Pentagon debate go for itD
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          *what tolerance, gets out whip* "Start writing girl"

You're doing good Issy oh and if you can think of a virolent NPC to post in the Pentagon debate go for itD
          I will consider myself thrashed, oh great one. I'll go take a look at the posts thus far and see if I can come up with something.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice, my fingers are at a standstill atm, a bit off stiffness, *curses human frailities and wishes for an Ancinet healing device*

Comment

OK... I agree with Aragon's POV, but isn't this RPG created for further developing main characters, as well as building up OCs? What I mean is that personally I created my OC to cook her in SG world, until she reaches some... authority in it, after couple of years playing... Bah, nevermind... If there'd be anyone who understoods Russian, it'd be much easier to explain...
              Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                OK... I agree with Aragon's POV, but isn't this RPG created for further developing main characters, as well as building up OCs? What I mean is that personally I created my OC to cook her in SG world, until she reaches some... authority in it, after couple of years playing... Bah, nevermind... If there'd be anyone who understoods Russian, it'd be much easier to explain...
                Don't worry, the meaning got through

I think you mean that you're developing your SG character to work alongside the estalished characters in a similar role/level of characters. That's eactly what i think would be best because then you're not overriding another character, you're augmenting them and your own at the same time.

Example, when Cam arrived to SG-1, everyone thought he was a "Jack" replacement but he ended up with his own character. Even more, Teal'c found a friend, Sam found a drinking buddy (so to speak), Vala has someone to tease about his depantsing, and Daniel has someone who doesn't take as much joy in tripping him up.

Cam augmented SG-1 with his particular skillset/personality. He didn't detract from Jack's character or override it. An OC is only an OC until they've been established. If you read Dark Frontier yo uknwo Alicia Vega and Dan Drake are big in it and fit (in my opinion) seamlessly into the world as they've had lots of buildup to get to where they are.

Take Thor. He was an OC until we saw him a few times and then he's Jack's buddy That's the kind of thing i'm thinking of. a smooth insertion into the world without a jarring screech of tires spinning/breaking from the massive velocity increase/drop of the character's arrival.

argh, i'm going to bed i gotta walk for 8 hours tomorrow and i'm not looking forward to it
                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I am sadly exhausted from a day of shopping for a used car in Phoenix's famous 106 F dry heat and trying to scrounge around the back of a car panel to access the reverse lights. So tomorrow I will post something.
                  -------------
                  "I'll be in my bunk," Jayne Cobb
                  "Indeed,"

Aftermath RP

SG1, Resurgence RP Daniel Jackson

Comment

These things happen Apollo, just don't buy a clunker ok

Comment

I think we need an insertion of Ronon for play to continue? I don't mind NPC'ing him for a while unless there are any major protestations about that?
                      sigpic

Comment

It's ok by me, just ask PJOZ if you can!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                          Sorry. didn't intend to be condescending to you it's just I hear nothing else myself about patience
                          *hugs*
                          None taken at all... I just kid ...... alot Well I have had to survive the torment of Cantina Noob torture....so what do you expect?

Ok so AMEN Sammy!! I agree.... we need to try to stay in character, stay as close to canon or what we think the writers would do.... and build up our OC's skills slowly.... got it!! I think what is hurting us right now tho is we almost have more NPC's and OC's than some vital characters. Like Sam and Teal'c and Ronan roles aren't filled and it is causing some lag in the stories. I mean I think once those roles are filled it will really help. So we need to try and promote them and hijack....kidnap....force against their will.....some people to play those roles IMO!

But as always thanks Sammy for your input!!
                          Originally posted by jelgate
                          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

As Sam and SQ said Guys we're having some server issues Down Under at the moment so some of us will be posting sporadically at best until it gets fixed

Comment

*kicks the servers down under* Well not all the servers to down under...just the down under servers...kicked them.....oh nevermind
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I posted on the Hammond Aunty Q. I'll be back later today if I can, have to go back to class now *hugs and waves*

Comment

Working...
                                X