Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG/SC Universes - Wraith's Bane (Starship)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Yes.. I know we are not there yet but, if you need a Jumper Pilot when we get to sateda, I am volunteering."
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

"We barely have enough crew to run this ship properly. It hasn't been tested in battle yet either. For all we know we could be going directly into a trap with Col Sheppard and his team as bait for us to arrive." Caldwell replied. Right now he only planned to get to Sateda, "Lets at least see what is going on at Sateda before making any plans to send a team down. If there's trouble and we need a jumper team to go down, I'll consider who to put on it."

Nobody had warned Caldwell of Rushs tendancy to either bully or work through reasoning and bartering to get a set plan in motion.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Rush sighed. "Colonel, if you have an answer now you have less to worry about when the time comes, if it comes."
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

"Dr I have a ship to run and injured to see to and two damaged ships in the hangar bay. We'll drop from hyperspace in the Sateda system and see whats going on before doing anthing in terms of sending anyone to the planet. Gather intel first before going to see what is going on, Atlantis lost access to Sateda, assuming the gate is in use." He then said something confusing. "major Lorne sent a notice that Col Brown answered his radio call to Earth. What was that about?"

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

" We connected to the wrong gate. Colonel Brown happened to be on the other side." Rush said, a bit annoyed.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

"Connected to the wrong gate?" Caldwell asked, clearly confused. "I thought we could only dial to the SGC and nobody else?" Apparently just dialing a a star symbol out of order dials another gate on the planet, something nobody knew. Until now

Comment

"We didn't know it was possible either. But we did it. Apparently, if you dial the same address only with a few symbols mied up..
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

"Earth as more then one stargate that I know, but I always thought that dialing the the other gate we had to overpower the gate we were dialing in from?" Caldwell said, "Mikxing up the star symbols when dialing dials the other gate? How many stargates does Earth have? I know we have the russian gate and the gate at the SGC, but a third gate?" That was when Caldwell remembered what was going on back at home.

"That reminds me, Russias stargate complex was overrun by a group of Chinese women. Last thing we heard, the Alpha site was disclosed at the last UN Summit. Next thing i know i'm towing the Apllo back to base and then having this conversation"

Comment

"I dont know whats going on in Russia, but yes. The UN disclosed the Alpha Site to the leaders of all the Nations." Rush sighed, Caldwell was staarting to annoy him.
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

"Which means we are going to have a lot of stuff waiting for us when we get to Earth for debriefing." Caldwell said. He noticed the slight duispleasure in Rush, "Dr, I know what you're thinking, When we drop out of hyperspace and see what is going on at Sateda, I'll have your name on the list of who goes down to the planet, I was told by Dr McKay that Major Lorne took a jumper through, so we'll need two pilots, one for each jumper. Now if you'll excuse me I have a ship to run, injured to tend to, and two ships to repair"

As Caldwell turned to leave Rodney got on the comm, "Col Caldwell and Dr Rush to the bridge" Apparently they had found something.

Comment

Both Rush and Caldwell rushed off. They arrived in the brodge moments later and spoke simutaneously "What is it Rodney?". They looked at each other then back at McKay.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

"We dropped from hyper again, apparently the gravity shadow the Ai detected is preventing anything from traveling through hyperspace in this area." Rodney said, "So we dropped out of hyperspace, and we came out to see that." he pointed to the front window of the bridge, four large ships, and one gigantic ship were drifting, apparently lifeless in space, not three kilometers away from the Bane. "Its not Wraith, but I haven't seen much of Drow technology to assume its them, whatever trhat group is, they've been there for a while"

"Are we cloaked?" Caldwell asked.

"Been cloaked ever since before we jumped to hyperspace." Rodney said, for all they knew this was a junkyard they were looking at.

"Think the super hive got to them?" Caldwell pressed.

"I know only as much as you do which is nothing." Rodney said.

Comment

"run a scan on it". Rush said.
                            ---
                            sigpic

Comment

"Runnig scan as we speak." Rodney sdaid, "There's lifesigns, but nothing Wraith or human, so could be Drow, those things are big ships."

"If we're fired on we should be abel to handle it right?" Caldwell asked.

Rodney nodded, "Novusai has been doing some simulations of a possible battle, each one ends up pretty much the same, we holding pretty well, but the other ships just shaking themsevles apart they're so beaten up."

Comment

"Great." Caldwell said.
                                "Perhaps we should attempt to contact them" Rush suggested.
                                ---
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X