Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*On a far away Planet*

*A beeping sound is heard and a pod is opened*

*A figure comes forward and watches the screen and turns to his companion that comes in*

Male: You correct in watching the Planet.

Female: Off course I was. What does it say?

Male: Nemesis has been released.

Female: It was never suppouse to be released. Ever.

Males: Why would they release Nemesis if it was dangerous.

Female: If it was them to begin with.

Male: The Balance of the Galaxy is in a change.

Female: What should we do.

Male: There is nothing we can do. Nemesis will destory all life.

Female: And there is nothing we can do to stop it.

*The male goes over to another panel and watches the screen*

Female: What is it?

Male: Atlantis, it's on the surface.

Female: Have they returned?

Male. No. Not them, their descendants.

Female: They are our only hope.

Male: We can't interfere. The others will know.

Female: *As they are watching the screen* They will have a long road a head of them, and it won't be easy.
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*Analyzing the data in the lab*

Fen: The delivery method is the biggest problem, we should be able to synthesis the gene retrovirus. It won't be perfect seeing as we need to rush it a bit, but hopefully it's good enough

Shan: We'll need a sample of Nemesis, or one of the other creatures

Vega: How do you suggest we do that?

Taoth: Did the malp come back? It could have some remains of a plant or animal or something

Fen: With a doctor's help this shouldn't be too hard

Taoth: Okay, you think you could brief someone on the situation?

Fen nods: I'll see to it *goes off to get a doctor*

Vega: I'll go get the sample *goes off as well*

Shan: I shall work on the delivery method *turns around and goes though some data*

Taoth looks at the DHD crystal on the desk in front of her: That leaves me, you and a gate address that I need *she connects it to some equipment* hope I don't have to bother Rodney with this

Shan: Did you say something?

Taoth: Oh, nothing important

Comment

*Fenrir comes back with C-Carson*

C-Carson: "I hear you need help with a retro-virus, Fenrir has briefed me on the lifeform you encountered back on the plant."

Taoth: "Yes, here's the research notes... Will it take long to make the retro-virus to weaken this creature?"

C-Carson: "If it's not too different from the wraith retrovirus then I could have a small batch of it made up in no time."

Fen: "Great, hopefully Nemesis hasn't got too far."

*Vega comes back with the genetic material from the MALP*

Vega: "I have several pieces of plants here, is this enough?"

C-Carson: "Yes, if the gene is present that should be more than enough... I've found the information on the failsafe so if you'll let me get on this will be done in no time."

Taoth: "Thanks doc."

C-Carson: "You're welcome."

*Carson gets to work while the team look into formulating a plan to take on Nemesis*

Comment

*Infirmary, melfan is waking up*

Melfan: Ugh....

Lorne: easy now. Doc, she's waking up!

Melfan: Not so loud. Headache... *She opens her eyes only to close them because of the light, few seconds later the lights dim*

Lorne: Did you do that?

Melfan: Yea, light bad.

C-Carson: Well, look who is awake.

Lorne: *over com* She's awake.

Melfan: What happened? Why are you in the Outpost?

*C-Carson and Lorne give each other a look*

C-Carson: Luv, you are not in the Outpost, you're in Atlantis.

Melfan: What?

*San and Bray enters*

San: You are up.

Melfan: Yea, what happened? Why are we on Atlantis and not the outpost. *She then notice a bandage on her arm* And what happene to my arm?

Bray: You seriously don't remember, do you?

Melfan: I... *She doesn't say anything more*

C-Carson: This is all my fault. I should never have cleared you after the whole fiasco with the entity.

Melfan: I'm fine!

C-Carson: No, you're not. I have already suspended all off world activity.

Melfan: Hey! You can't...

C-Carson: Yes I can, and I have.

San: General, you had a blackout on an alien planet, you left the Outpost that was your only safety, to get to gate.

Melfan: So I wanted to go home...

Bray: You weren't dailing Atlantis.

Melfan: What? I would never...

San: If the dinos hadn't attacked you when they did, you would have left to God knows where! You don't even remember leaving, and this happening before and you didn't tell us. You put us all at risk!

Melfan: It isn't like we can't be cloned!

San: Yes, but that is besides the point, nothing in the database tells us that the planet is full of Dinosaurs, if we had been killed, and late with the checkin, a team would have come, by foot, by the way, the would have encountered the dinosaurs and made any rescue attempt more difficult. You put us in risk.

Melfan: I am sorry. It won't happen again.

San: You're right, it won't. General Melfan, until further notice, you are hearby realived of your command. As I am next in the chain of command, I take over your duties until you are fit to commande Atlantis again. Whenever that may be.
          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*In the mess hall Taoth, Fenrir, Shan and Vega discuss a plan to inject the virus into Nemesis*

Fen: "We need to remember, this creature is psychic, he will know what we are thinking when we approach him."

Taoth: "Wont he be able to see the plan in our minds?"

Fen: "From what I read, Nemesis' psychic abilities are limited, he can access when we are thinking but to learn what we know is more difficult, remember when he caused you and Shan to have a headache? That was part of the process, his mental abilities trying to access you memories."

Taoth: "Yeah that hurt like hell, so we'll know when he tries to read out minds by whether we suddenly develop a headache?"

Fen: "Yes, it's doubtful he'll try that unless he wants information from us that Nemesis believes we'll either lie about of wont tell... So we need to be open and honest, not too honest but enough to keep him from searching our minds and as long as we don't consciously think of the plan directly then Nemesis shouldn't find out."

Shan: "What about delivery method, how are we going to get the virus into his system?"

Taoth: "That's where me and Fen come in, one of us should be able to inject Nemesis, first we should ask him about his plans more though find out if he knows of has thought up any weaknesses we can exploit in the wraith."

Vega: "Is that wise?"

Taoth: "We need to lead Nemesis into a false sense of security, I can think of no better way that a common goal, we are at war with the wraith, he is on a mission to exterminate them, are goals are not that different so Nemesis might open up and volunteer any information he has, with that he might let us close enough to try this."

Fen: "Sounds like a good plan, all we need now is to know where Nemesis went and get the retro-virus made."

Comment

*Fenrir radios C Carson*

Fen: Doc, hows the retro virus coming?

C Carosn: I had a patient a moment ago, but it’s almost finished. You can come and get it in around 15 minutes. I’ll explain how you administer it then.

Fen: Thanks Carson.

C Carson: No problem. Now that I come to think of it, have you been checked after the mission

Fen: I’m sorry, we don’t have time. As soon as we’ve delt with this, promise.

C Carson: Fine, but I’m holding you to that. Carson out.

Taoth: What did he say?

Fen: He’s almost done, 15 mins. Check up after we finish this.

Vega: Sounds like we’ll actually be sitting in there for longer than usual.

Shan: Probably won’t do us any harm.

Taoth: Nope, just lots of fun tests.

Vega: Shall we head down to the infermary now?

Shan: I don’t see why not, we have nothing else to do

Fen: Might get some of the tests out of the way

*They stand up, leave the mess and head for the infermary*

Comment

* in his lab C Carson is looking at a computer screen*

C Carson: Damn! *Emma looks round*

Emma: What's the problem?

C Casron: I need JPJ to help me with this

Emma: it's a simple retrvirus doc, you can do it

C Carson: Under normal circumstances yes, but there is an unsual DNA coding and I need a 2nd opinion *taps his radio* JPJ come in please

JPJ: yes Carson * her voice sounding annoyed*

C Carson: i need your help with a retrovirus lass, and it is important

JPJ: okay give me 5 mins, JPJ out

Emma: well she still sounds p!$$ed off at you *C Carson sighes*

C Carson: I know, we will have to sit down and talk, soon!
                sigpic
                JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

C Carson's lab:

Carson is once again looking at his computer screen trying to make heads or tails of the unusual DNA coding. A loud sneeze caught him my surprise and he nearly fell of his stool in his bid to turn around and see who startled him so badly. RiG was standing in the doorway, a sheepish look on her face.

"Bloody hell!" he exclaimed.

"Sorry." RiG apologized. "Didn't mean to scare ya." She walked in and stood next to C Carson.

"It's alright love, did ya need somethin'?"

"Yeah, I was wondering if you got those test results back yet."

"Test results?" C Carson asked, puzzled.

"You know..." She gave him a pointed look and glanced sidelong at Emma for a second before returning her gaze to him.

His eyebrows rose in dawning recognition, "Oh, those! Yes. I put a rush on them. Emma?"

"Yeah doc?"

"Could ye be a dear and bring me my datapad?"

"Sure."

"So, where's Rodney?" C Carson inquired.

RiG hooked a thumb over her shoulder and said, "He's waiting for me down the hall."

At that moment Emma returned with C Carson's datapad. "Here ya go doc!"

"Thank ye lass." He took the device from her and hooked it up to his laptop.

"I'm gonna pull up the results and transfer them to the datapad here." He tapped the datapad for emphasis. "That way you can take it with you and go over it with Rodney." He started typing commands into his laptop.

"Ooh-kay. Is there some reason you don't want me in here?" RiG asked.

"Me? No, none at all. JPJ on the other hand..." C Carson tapped on the datapad screen a few times and moved back to his laptop.

"JPJ? But, she's not even here."

"Aye, but she will be..." He checked his watch, "...any minute now." His laptop beeped, a signal that the transfer was complete.

"Oh...great." RiG huffed.

"Sorry I can't take the time to go over the results with ya more thoroughly." C Carson apologized.

"That's alright. With JPJ on the warpath I'm not really inclined to get in her way."

He skimmed through the data on the walkabout and smiled. "Well will ye look at that..." He whispered, "...a 99% match!"

They smiled knowingly at each other before Carson disconnected the datapad from his laptop and handed it to RiG. "Congratulations love."

"Thank you." She said. "For everything." She gave him a quick one armed hug which he returned.

"Ye welcome. Now go, before you-know-who get's here."

"Going!"

"What was all that about?" Emma asked after RiG had left the lab.

"You'll know soon enough." was C Carson's cryptic reply.
                  Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 27 November 2008, 08:09 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

*Melfan's quarters, Melfan is pacing around*

Lorne: If you continue to pace you will make a hole

*Mel stop and looks up*

Mel: How did you get in?

Lorne: Door wasn't locked.

Mel: Oh.

Lorne: Mind telling me what the pacing is about.

Mel: She removed me from command. Why she do that?

Lorne: Well, you've been acting wierd.

Mel: The, grounding I understand. Beckett usually put meback on duty again after a short while.

Lorne: Well, now it's gonna be a longer while.

*Mel just looks at him*

Mel: I can't be removed of my command, don't you get it?

Lorne: No I don't, you are beeing unresonable Mel!

*Mel continues to pace and Lorne goes to her and holds her by her shoulders*

Lorne: Stop! This is not good for you!

Mel: What are you gonna do about it?

*Lorne kisses her roughly*

Lorne: Something like that.

Mel: Me like that, me like it a lot.

Lorne: I had a feeling you would *He continues to kiss her as he walks her towards her bed and lies her down* I'm gonna make you forget about your trouble for a short while.

Mel: I had troubles?

Lorne: *as he removes her shirt* And we are gonna do anything else but talk about them

Mel: I should be more troubled often, if this is the endresult! *She kisses his neck and start to unbottom his pants*

Lorne: I would have my hands full. Knowing you, that happens nearly all the time.

Mel: Shut up and get down to business soldier *She smirks*

Lorne: Yes ma'am!

*And down to business they went*

Comment

RiG turned left out of C Carson's lab and ran. She saw Rodney waiting for her at the end of the corridor by a transporter. He was leaning against the wall right next to the transporter doors and absently rubbing the still sore spot on his arm where C Carson had removed his precious life force with a very sharp needle not too long ago. He looked up at the sound of footsteps and frowned when he saw her.

She quickened her pace, worriedly glancing over her shoulder every few seconds. C Carson's datapad clutched to her chest.

What the...? He pushed off the wall, his sore arm forgotten. What's that all about? He wondered. And why does she have a datapad?

RiG all but sprinted the last few feet to the transporter ...and Rodney.

"What's go-" Rodney started but RiG cut him off.

"Transporter... now." She panted.

Rodney turned and palmed the sensor control on the wall watching as the doors opened for him with a quiet swish. They were about to step up into the transporter when a sound reached their ears in the otherwise quiet corridor.

An angry, female, voice muttering death threats on all Scottish doctors was getting louder and louder with every passing nanosecond..

A look of horror flashed over Rodney's face, "Oh, SH1T!"

"Hurry! Go! Go! Go!" A wide eyed RiG practically pushed an equally wide eyed Rodney into the transporter.
                      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 14 March 2017, 02:19 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Rodney touched the spot on the navigation map near his favorite balcony and turned to watch the doors quietly swish closed. Seconds later they opened to a corridor bathed in moonlight that shone in from a large window opposite the transporter.

Stepping out of the transporter RiG said, "Whew! That was close!"

"Yeah, too close!" Rodney breathed a deep sigh of relief before eyeing RiG who was now hugging C Carson's datapad to her chest like it was the holy grail, and to her it was. He jutted his chin towards the walkabout and asked, "Is there a reason you have that?"

"The test results." RiG smiled, still clutching the device.

"You mean he actually gave them to you instead of just telling you?" Rodney asked.

"He did tell me but he wanted us to look at the results together. And with JPJ on the way he couldn't really go over the results with me." RiG's seethed, "God! She makes wanna hit her! Think she'd look good with a black eye?"

"Lets hope it doesn't come to that shall we? Even if I do happen to agree with you."

"Fine." RiG huffed. "Where are we going anyway?"

"You'll see." Rodney answered with a cryptic smile.

"Well then, lay on MacKay."

"Funny."

"I thought so."

They turned left and started walking in the direction of Rodney's favorite balcony.

"So, think she'd look good with a black eye?"

Rodney just rolled his eyes heavenward.
                        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 14 March 2017, 02:22 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

*Mel's Quarters*

*Lorne is waking up*

Lorne: Mel?

*He looks around seeing no one*

Lorne: Where she go?

*Elsewhere in the city*

Mel: She grounded her... me. Gotta remember that, can't slup up. *She walks over to a pane with a computerl* If I can't leave the city, let's have some fun while stuck here. *She starts typing and grins*

*Gate Room*

*Suddenly all computer goes offline and a shield surrounds the Gate*

Tech: What the hell? General San! We have a problem!

*San comes out from the office*

San: What is wrong?

Tech: All the computer went offline and some sort of shield has surrounded the Gate!

San: That is a problem. Can you tell what caused it?

Tech: I'm afraid not, Ma'am.

San: This is bad

C-Carson: *over com* Ma'am, are you aware that all the computers has been shut down?

San: I'm aware. I have no idea what cause it.

C-Carson: This is most troublesome.

San: How come?

C-Carson: I was running DNA testing to combat Nemesis, but without the cumputers...

San: It's a no go?

C-Carson: Exactly.

San* to the tech: what about the datapads? Do they work?

Tech: They do

C-Carson: But I wasn't running the coding on the pads, seo nothing has been saved on there.

San: Crap.

C-Carson: You can say that again. Do you know what caused this?

San: No, I'm gonna call Rodney, he can fix it.

C-Carson: Oh, and if you find RiG, tell her she has something of mine.

San: Okey....

Carson: And that I have a bone to pick with her.

San: Right, San out. *over com to Rodney* Rodney, we have a situation and we need you in the Gate Room asap!

*Where Rodney and RiG are*

Rodney: What sort of problem?

San: The computer has shut down and the Gate has been surrounded by a Gate, need you here ASAP! Take RiG with ya.

Rodney: We're our way. Rodney out.

RiG: What was that?

Rodney: Something happened with the computer as the Gate, we are needed in the Gate Room

*They walk in to one of the Transporters and are about to press the buttom when the power is shut of*

RiG: What the hell?

Rodney: Oh no!

*Where Mel is*

Mel: No means of tracking, no mean of transport yourselg to other parts of the city, no mean of leaving the City *She smiles wickedly* Let the fun begin!

Comment

"Crap!" RiG exclaimed. "Not again!"

Rodney looked around the darkened transporter and sighed. "This is getting old."

"Well, at least the datapad still works." RiG showed him the walkabout, it's screen alight and casting a blue glow about them.

"There is that." Rodney agreed.

"Is there anything you can do to, you know, get us out of here?"

"Without power? No." Rodney replied morosely.

"Great." RiG slid to the floor, the datapad in her lap now.

Rodney sat down beside RiG and nudged her with his elbow. "Are you gonna let me in on the test results or what?"

"I think I can do that." RiG grinned as she tapped on the, all too tiny, keypad on the screen before handing it to Rodney.

"Let's see here..." Rodney said as he got his first look at the results. RiG watched him intently, his blue eyes flicking back and forth as he studied the results of the paternity test.
                            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 28 November 2008, 09:04 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

*JPJ walks into the Lab all red faced and not looking very happy at all just as the power goes out*

JPJ: well, what do you need me for? *folding her arms*

C Carson: hello lass, I DID, need you too look over some DNA coding, but no power no computers.

JPJ: great so all for nothing and now I am stuck here!

C Carson: fraid so lass, but on the bright side this gives us time to talk

JPJ: talk? about what Carson?

C Carson: i think you know lass, sit down *he motions to a chair next to him* please JPJ

JPJ: fine *taking the seat*

C Carsonh: does Evan have Cara?

JPJ: Yes, she is having a bath

C Carson: aye, that's good. Now about this business with RiG and Rodney, you really shouldn't be telling others, at least until they are ready.

JPJ: you little...

C Carson: JPJ please listen. I know you are CMO and that this is your infirmary etc etc, but patient confidentality still exstits and for a reason.

JPJ: yes i know that, but they are not maing it easy for me or you or Evan to our jobs

C Carson: yes lass I know, may be everyone could try harder

JPJ: And you shouldn't have restrained me, next time I will NOT be so forgiving *she points her finger at him meancingly, making C Carson gulp*

C Carson: aye lass I understand and I am sorry for that

JPJ: right, now that is over with, may be you can explain to me what you saw before the power went out. We may be able to get a head start

C Carson: now that is the JPJ I remember and love *JPJ throws him a smile*
                              sigpic
                              JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                              Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                              Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Lizzie knocks on General Melfan’s door.

Lizzie: General are you there? I’m just checking that you’re OK?

She knocks on the door again and hears movement in the room. She puts her head close to the door and raises her voice.

Lizzie: Just filling you in on the situation here. We only have emergency power. Don’t know what’s going on yet.

Lizzie turns to walk away but stops when the door slides open. Lorne is standing there in his boxers.

Lizzie: Oh! I….

Lorne: She’s not here. I don’t know where she went. Sorry it took so long but with the main power down, I had to remove the door panel.

Lizzie: I wanted to make sure the General was OK but I see you have that in hand….

Lorne: Hey…don’t be like that.......

Lizzie: Like what? I've no time to think about....you. There are more important things to do. I’ll go and look for the General. You should get dressed. We have no idea what’s going on in the city.

Lorne: Wait and I’ll come with you.

Lizzie: OK but hurry up.

Lorne disappears inside and in the shadows Lizzie sees someone disappear around the corner at the end of the corridor.

Lizzie mutters to herself: Sorry Lorne, this can’t wait.

In the dimly lit corridor, Lizzie follows the footsteps to one of the disused labs and stands outside to listen. She hears a voice and is surprised to hear it is the General’s.

Melfan: It’s working. This is fun. They have no idea, the fools. This is just the beginning.

Lizzie whispers to herself: Crap, the General’s lost it *she taps her earpiece* Can anyone hear me? * nothing but static* Crap, nothing’s working.

She turns and quietly walks back the way she came, bumping into Lorne as he rushes around the corner.

Lorne: Aargh……..

Lizzie: Oh…….can’t you look where you’re going? *she whispers and puts her finger to her lips*

Lorne: I can hardly see a thing in this light…..and why are we whispering?

Lizzie: I’ve found the General but something’s wrong. We have to get a message to General San. She’s in serious trouble. Didn’t you notice anything when she was with you?

Lorne: Well no …I…I.. wasn’t thinking…..

Lizzie: No…. well, not with your head anyway…………..

Lorne: Very funny.

Lizzie: We need to get back to the others. I get the feeling that we should do it without the General knowing.
                                Last edited by LizzieAnne; 07 December 2008, 08:25 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X