The Taking over the Universe plott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Taoth is standing at the side, somewhat confused*

Taoth: Rodney, I respect you not telling me now, but we still do have a mission. Are you up for it?

Rodney looks at RiG: I suppose so

Taoth: If you’re not it’s okay. We’ll try find someone to replace you, but as it’s such short notice that could be difficult, I’m sure we’ll manage though.

Rodney almost choking on the word: Replace...

Taoth: Oh no, not like that, just for the mission *RiG looks at Rodney* I can give you guys a minute, but I did leave Shan and Fen in the gateroom

Rodney: Okay okay, I didn’t ask you to come though

Taoth: We’re supposed to be a team... Look I don’t know how everyone is back on Earth, I can only hope they got back safetly from the alpha site. But at least I can make sure here, so excuse me for coming
    *she calmly walks out of the room*

Comment

*JPJ entered her quarters mutter and cursing*

JPJ: Stupid no good for nothing ******** Rodney, should never have left Earth *C Lorne looks up in dismay*

CLorne: Hey babe what's up?

JPJ: What's up! This stupid place and it's stupid people that's what! *throwing her hands around* Rodney is RiG's father, they are talking in MY infirmary and Carson has the cheek to cover my mouth to stop me talking!

CLorne: oh, i can understand why he...

JPJ: Don;t you take his side Ev *pointing her finger at him* With everything that has happened I am really starting to get fed up with this place and it's people!

Cara: mom? *Cara appears at her door holding a toy* do you not like us anymore?

JPJ: oh sweetie *her voice soft* come here *she holds out her arms kneeling down, Cara comes over* I didn't mean you and daddy, i mean everyone else

Cara: did i get you in trouble with Rodney and Carson?

JPJ: No, Rodney had it coming and Carson shouldn't have done what he did

CLorne: Yes he shouldn't have done it, but you are your mouth sometimes *his face is concerned but shows something else, but JPJ is too upset to read it*

JPJ: Next time I will not be so nice to Carson, anymore unwanted physical contact will be met by some very big force

CLorne: I don't doubt it *he kisses his girlfriend*
      sigpic
      JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
      Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
      Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

*Mel is wandering along the Outpost, the corridors lights up as she go

Melfan: *over com* Is the hallways lighting up for you?

San: Yup, just arrived at a room, look like a science lab.

Bray: What does it looks like? Tubes and machines?

San: Yea, how did you know?

Bray: Found a similar room where I am.

Lizzie: All great for you! I have to use my flashlight!

Mel: Huh....

San: What are you huh-ing about?

Mel: I think I found the...

*Suddenly all light lit up*

Mel: Powerswitch

Bray: Wonderful, the whole thing with the hallways shutting down when you gotten a bit is very discomforting.

Melfan: Well, we got light, maybe we can see what they did here.

Lizzie: I found something. It's appear to be data.

Melfan: Can you read it?

Lizzie: Unfortenetly, can't read Ancient.

Melfan: Stay put, I'm comming. Melfan out.

Lizzie: *To herself* Not going anywhere
        I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*Rodney catches Taoth outside the infirmary*

Rodney: Taoth... I think it's probably best I take this mission off, sort some things out

Taoth nods: That's fine

*A moment of silence*

Rodney: I didn't remember you got separated from your team, and we still haven't figured out why the gate sent you here

Taoth: That's okay don't worry about it, you've been busy. But I should really get going now

Rodney: Right, Fen and Shan. Have fun

Taoth: will do

*Rodney goes back to the infirmary*

Taoth taps her radio: Fen, this is Taoth. Rodney's not coming with us... I'm definitly not the best person to explain it, you should ask him yourself... No, it's nothing serious... Yes, I'm on my way
          Last edited by Taoth Vaclarush; 25 October 2008, 05:10 AM.

Comment

*On her way to the gateroom, Taoth bumps into First Captain Vega*

Vega: Sorry, I didn’t see you there

Taoth: didn’t see you either, no harm no foul *sees Vega’s training equipment* are you busy?

Vega: Not particularly, no. Thought I’d do some training in my spare time

Taoth: I know this is kind of short notice, and it’s not really my place to ask. But could you possibly join us on a mission, seeing as we’re one man short

Vega: Erm, I don’t see why not, sure. Give me a moment to gear up

Taoth: Thanks

*In the gateroom, Fen and Shan are sitting on the stairs when Taoth walks in with Vega*

Fen stands up: Team of four then

*Shan standing as well*

Taoth: Yup, are we set?

Shan: I believe so

*Fen nods to the technician who gives an exhausted huff and dials the gate, shaking his head at the long delay. The gate shimmers into motion and the four step through*

Comment

In a lab inside the Outpost Lizzie is still waiting. San and Bray find the room at the same time and enter.

Lizzie: Hey, what took you so long?

San: We’ve only been five minutes.

Lizzie: Seems longer when you’re waiting. Did you hear those horrible howls in the distance.

San: As long as they keep outside and we’re in here I don’t mind. Anyway where’s the General?

Lizzie: I thought she’d be here by now. *into her radio* General are you there?

Silence. They look at each other. Lizzie flicks the on off switch and tries again

Lizzie: General, this is Lizzie are you nearly here?

San: Let me try. General are you receiving me?

Bray: OK I don’t like the sound of that

Lizzie: Sound of what?

Bray: That’s just it… the sound of nothing….nothing at all.

San: Something’s wrong. Who’s got the scanner?

Bray finds it in his vest pocket, holds it up and then checks the screen.

Bray: Just us in here and nothing……..Oh wait on the edge of the facility going …..where the hell is the General going?

Lizzie: Looks like in the direction of the Gate

San: On her own? With all those Dinos around?

Bray: Has she gone crazy?

Lizzie: Let’s hope not.

San: Well, let’s go and find out.
              sigpic

Comment

*Bray, Lizzie and San are hurrying to get to the gate*

San: She's fast! We are running and we haven't caught up yet!

Bray: She had a 5 minute head start! And yes, she's fast *he looks down at the Life Sign Detector* She's lamost there

Lizzie: Why she leave? It doesn't make any sence!

San: When we meet up with her, we can ask her!

Lizzie: We shouldn't have gone on the mission

Bray: we didn't know about her blackouts or her behavior, she never tells if she's hurt unless she's dying.

Lizzie: There has been a lot of that. Are we there yet?

Bray: Ware almost there! The gate is is up the hill!

Lizzie: Great! And C-Carson thought I should exercise more!

*Suddenly they hear shooting*

San: Sounds like a P-90...

Lizzie: You don't think...

Bray: Let's not think about it! Come on!

*They run up the hill and see the gate and Melfan, who is shooting several smaller dinosaurs that are attacking her, one is jumping on to her back*

Bray: Oh f uck! Shoot the dinos! I help her!

*Bray run forward and manage to rip the dino off Mel and snap it's neck, he turn to Mel but she smacks him with her gun*

Bray: Oh sh!t, what the hell!? General! It's me!

*Melfan is holding a gun on him, but doens't have the time for anything else when san stuns her*

Bray: You brought a Stunner with you?

San: Couldn't hurt. What was wrong with her?

Lizzie: I don't know, but she was one away from making a connection.

San: Atlantis?

Lizzie: No... That what's so worrysome.

San: Let's get her back to Atlantis.

Bray: General, a little help with the General?

Lizzie: I've sent IDC *Over com to Atlantis* Permission to come through, we have a medical situation!

GateTech: Persmission granted, you are allowed through the Gate. The doc will meet ya!

Lizzie: Wonderful news! We are comming though!

*Lizzie walks a head while San and Bray carry Mel though the gate*
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*The three humans cough slightly when they exit the gate, Shan looks at them*

Taoth explains: the malp reported that the atmosphere was a little more dense than usual, don't worry it’s still breathable

Fen: The plants seem to like it *points over to the dense vegetation that has also wound itseld around the gate and DHD*

*something scurries in the bushes and they all aim their weapons at it*

Shan: I don’t sense any wraith in the area

Vega: That’s always a relief

Fen: unless if there’s something worse

Taoth carefully lowers her weapon: Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, for all we know it could be a space rabbit or fox. We need to get to that outpost, and determine whether or not a science team should be dragged in

*they start walking, still a little suspision of the noise they heared. After about half an hour they stop*

Taoth: We should see it by now

Fen: you sure?

Taoth: well not a hundred percent, but the scematics showed the compound was quite big

*they hear the rustling again and they all grip their weapons*

Vega: does anyone else get the feeling we’re being watched

Shan: I’ve felt it the whole time

Fen: so have I *Taoth nods* lets pick up the pace, an ancient outpost couldn’t have gotten far

*they carry on walking a bit faster this time*

Comment

*About an hour of walking towards the outpost a screeching sound can be heard from the nearby tree line*

Taoth: "What do you suppose that was?"

Fen: "Dunno, sounded like some kind of animal being attacked."

*Rustling sounds can be heard*

Vega: "Some thing's having a feast, by the sounds of it."

Taoth: "Shan, did you recognise that sound?"

Shan: "I did not."

Fen: "Creepy whatever that was."

Taoth: "Yeah... we should get a move on."

*A short while later they reach the ruins of the Ancient outpost*

Comment

Shan stops instantly at the sight of the outpost.

Vega: What is it?

Shan: I have a bad feeling about that place.

Taoth: What do you mean by that? Do you sense any danger?

Shan shrugs. “Probably just an old instinct of mine to not go anywhere near Ancient settlements without a suitable backup.”

A rustling sound from behind them interrupts the conversation and all four turn around and rise their weapons quickly, but nothing is to be seen.

Vaga: This is unsettling.

Fen: How about getting up onto the roof of the outpost, we have a better overview of the terrain there and also a better aim, should our stalker proof to be dangerous.

Taoth: You are right. Let’s go!

The team moves towards the outpost, which is surrounded by a low stone all, and pass through two wittered looking black stone pillars. Shan is last to pass as he covers the team. One of the pillars give off a low hum and glows read for a moment, whereupon Shan collapses onto the floor, unconsciously.

Taoth: Great, what’s next?

sigpic

Comment

Infirmary:

"Carson?" RiG shouted in the direction of C Carsons office.

"Yes." came C Carson's disembodied voice from somewhere to RiG's left.

"Can you come back out here for a sec?"

Carson walks out of his office and over to RiG who is standing next to the ancient scanner, her hand on the exam bed.

"What is it love?"

"I'd like you to do a paternity test." RiG stated matter-of-factly.

"Okay. Is it for Rodney's sake?"

"It's for everyone's sake." She replied.

"What's for everyone's sake?" Rodney asked from the doorway, having just returned.

"A paternity test." RiG said.

"Oh. Yeah, probably a good idea."

"Right then, up ya go." Carson patted the bed. "You too Rodney." Carson gestured to the next bed over. RiG and Rodney hopped up onto their respective beds and rolled up their left shirt sleeves before stretching out.

"Is this going to take long?" Rodney asked.

"No Rodney. It won't be but a few minutes. Then you and RiG can have that talk." C Carson replied.

Rodney and RiG smiled at each other while Carson prepared the needles he would need to extract their blood.
                        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 02 November 2008, 06:13 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

*C-Carson takes the blood when he alerted via the com*

GateTech: *over com* We need a medic team in the gate.

C-Carson: What is the emergency?

GateTech: It's General Melfan, something has happened to her.

C-Carson: I'm on my way. Emma! We are needed in the gateroom!

Emma: Who is it?

C-Carson: General Melfan

*They hurry to the Gateroom*

Gateroom

Guard: What happened to the General?

*San and Bray had layed Melfan on the floor when they got back*

San: Not sure, we had to stunn her.

*At that moment C-Carson and Emmma rushes in with a gurney*

C-Carson: How is she?

San: Stunned. She tried to dail the gate.

C-Carson: I weren't aware that would be a problem.

Bray: It wouldn't be if she wasn't dailing Atlantis.

C-Carson: She wasn't? On three. One, two three *He and Emma put Melfan on the gurney*

San: No, We had where at the Outpost, we had found a room, and we where gonna meet up there, but she never showewd up. When we found her at the Gate she was attacked by Dinos

Emma: Dinos?

Bray: Dinosaurs, tiny ones. She hit me.

Emma: Really? I have to check that out when we get to the infirmary.

Bray: I'm fine.

Emma: Yoy could have a cuncussion.

*They all reach the infirmary and C-Carson and Emma transfer Melfan to a bed with a scanner*

SanGate: Did you let Melfan back on duty even after she had blackouts?

C-Carson: I checked her out. There was no reason to worry. I told her to take it easy. There was no reason to ground her.

SanGate: Maybe there is. She was dailing another planet.

San: She was one of from making a connection, if the dinos hadn't appeared she would have gone through and we wouldn't have this conversation.

C-Carson: You know where she where going?

San: Difficult to say.

C-Carson: The scan showed a mild swelling in her temporal lobe the last time and it's still there. I thougt it was the stress.

Bray: Well, I can't tell you it wasn't stress.

San: What are you gonna do doc?

C-Carson: She's off Gate travel that for sure.

*He looks at Mel who is still unconsious*

Comment

Vega: "Is Shan alright?"

Taoth: *Checking him* "Yes, he just seems to be unconscious. I'm going ahead to find somewhere a bit safer than out here, you two bring Shan."

Fen: "Right."

*Taoth goes into the ruins to scout out a place to hold up until Shan awakens while Fenrir and Vega carry him closely behind... Searching through the ruins they find the remains of the main control room and heart of the outpost. Taoth looks around and decides this is a good place to rest*

Taoth: "while Shan is out we can still check out these consoles, some of the Ancient tech here must still work..."

Fen: "There's still power here otherwise those columns wouldn't have glowed and did whatever they did to Shan."

Vega: *Clearing the debris off one of the consoles* "This looks intact, the view screen is broken though."

Fen: "We should be able to interface one of the laptops with it and get a readout of the database."

*Fenrir gets a laptop out, checks the connection and turns it on*

Taoth: "You two check that out and see if you can find any information on what knocked Shan out, I'll go through the supplies and sort out some drinks, tea, coffee?"

Fen: "Tea please."

Vega: "Same for me."

*Fenrir gets to work accessing the database*

Taoth: "I hope Shan wakes up before we have to leave, it will be a pain trying to carry him back to the 'Gate."

Comment

*Taoth pours out three hot drinks and hands them out, craddling one*

Taoth: Got anything yet?

Fen sips his tea: Well, from a glace I’d say the ancients were doing some research here

Vega: That’s odd *puts down her drink and starts going over some logs* you’re right about the research, but whatever they did, had a serious effect on the enviroment

*Taoth comes over*

Vega turns to them and continues: The shield that knocked out Shan was primarly designed to keep wriath out, but....

Taoth reads over her shoulder: It can be programed for something else...

Fen: That’s still doesn’t explain why this place is in pieces

Shan regaining consiousness: Maybe the ancients were in a hurry to leave

Taoth goes to Shan: Good to have you back, how are you feeling?

Shan: I’ve been better

Taoth: We don’t know what that thing did to you, but we think it’s some kind of wraith shield. Just take it easy now

Fen: Tea?

*Shan shakes his head*

Taoth: I’m gonna go take some readings of that pillar. You guys stay put, if I’m not back in say... 15 mins then please come get me

Fen: Stay in radio contact

Taoth: Will do

Comment

Shan tries to stand up, but falls down again and holds his head moaning.

“Ow”

Vega: Are you alright?

Shan: Yes, just dizzy with a murderous headache…but it is wearing off already…must be some after effects of that cursed pillar.

Vega nods shortly and returns back to her tea, while Taoth checks in with Fen for the first time.

Shan shakes his head in annoyance and stands up successfully and joins the group again. He takes one of the computer pads and looks at it…”That does not make much sense…must be completely out of context. Fen, where did you get this reading from?”

Fen turns around and points towards a console at the back of the room, but whips around quickly as he hears the computer bang onto the floor. Shan is shaking violently.

Shan:” I…i…i…reco..con…consider the o…o..offer of tea. I a…am freeeezing”

Fen rises and eyebrow and pours Shan a cup of tea.

Fen: ”Are you sure you are just cold? I have never seen a wraith clattering with his teeth*

Shan just nods.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X