The Taking over the Universe plott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C Carson: right rodney what happened?

Rodney: well, we where trying to fix the crystal tray and *Rodney notices JPJ* what are you doing here! I called for Carson!

JPJ: Hey I'm on duty, medical emergancy, I'm CMO!

C Carson: okay poeple, cool it

Rodney: Where's Cara?

JPJ: What do you care! *JPJ scowls* With Evan if you must know, his day with her!

C Carson: okay, RiG how do you feel?

RiG: Uhm, light headed, a little spaced out

JPJ: CT Scan, may have a concussion, how long where you out for?

Rodney: Not long, why 20 questions?

JPJ: being thorough!

Rodney: Weren't that concerned when you shot me!

JPJ: You aged my duaghter and didn;t come down and check on her!

C Carson: THAT IS ENOUGH! *Rodney and JPJ look aghast* I have had enough of you 2 bickering, what is done is done, get on with it, RG let;s get you to the infirmary and checked over

RiG: thank you Carson *2 orderlys help RiG to the infirmary, JPJ leading the way with Rodney and Carson at the rear*

Rodney: thanks for standing up for me

C Carson: I was not standing up for Rodney, I'm fed up of you 2 arguing!
    sigpic
    JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
    Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
    Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Infirmary:

C Carson walked around the ancient scanner and patted RiG on the shoulder. "Almost done lass ...just a few more seconds."

"Good, I hate this thing..." RiG looked up at the scanner, "...gives me the creeps." She shivered with the thought.

"Ay, I know what ya mean." C Carson smiled down at her. "How are ya feelin' now?"

"Better." RiG looked around the infirmary, after not seeing a certain astrophysicist she turned back to Carson who was busy turning off the scanner and fiddling with a clipboard. "Where's Rodney?"

"He's probably back in that transporter trying to figure out what caused the explosion."

"For a genius he can be quite dense at times, you know that?" RiG griped.

"Hey, I resent that!" Came Rodney's voice from the door.

"RODNEY!" RiG jumped off the exam bed. She winced as the motion sent a wave a pain straight to her head.

"Whoa, easy love." C Carson chided.

"Where were you? Why weren't you down here getting checked out?" RiG asked Rodney as he made his way over to her.

"A, I stayed behind to have a look at the transporter controls ...they may have something to do with why the crystal tray exploded. And 2, I'm fine!" Rodney replied tersely.

"LIKE HELL YOU ARE! You were thrown across the transporter chamber for crying out loud!" RiG shouted, her head throbbing. She reached a hand up placing it on the side of her head before continuing, more subdued, "You... you hit the wall, very hard... your back... you were dazed." She sucked in a shaky breath, "You are not fine Rodney. So stop being stubborn and let Carson check you over, Please?"

"Bloody hell! C Carson exclaimed angrily.

"It's not like I lost consciousness or anything!" Rodney defended himself.

"No, just knocked for a loop is all... had your bell rung... your--"

"I get it, I get it." Rodney interrupted. "But I feel fine."

"I'll be the judge of that." C Carson interejected, still holding the clipboard. "Up on the bed with ye now." He patted the exam bed that RiG previously vacated.

Rodney looked from RiG's concerned face to Carson's angry one and sighed, "Fine." He hopped up onto the bed and just before swivelling his legs onto the bed he looked over at RiG and asked, "Why do you worry so much about me?"

"Because."

"Because ...why?" Rodney asked.

"Becauseyourmyfather!" RiG blurted.

"Come again?"

"I said, because your my..." RiG sighed, "...you my father." She whispered not daring to look up at him for fear of what she'd see in his eyes.
      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 29 October 2008, 05:40 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Infirmary:

"BLOODY HELL!"

The clipboard fell from C Carson's suddenly numb hands and clattered to the floor, RiG flinched at the sudden noise in the, now, all too quiet infirmary. Rodney just sat there, eyes wide, mouth hanging open in stupified shock.

RiG finally looked up at Rodney and frowned when she saw that he was gaping at her, his head tilted to one side. Tears prickled at the corners of her eyes as she started to speak.

"I-I'm sorry! This-this is not how I wanted to tell you d-Rodney." RiG hung her head so neither C Carson nor Rodney would see the tears that she could no longer hold back.

C Carson put a hand on her shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I wish he'd say something Carson, his silence is kinda hard to take."

"Ay, ah know what ya mean love." He responded. "He can be a right bugger when he clams up."

They both glared at Rodney who by now had his mouth closed and his eyebrows knitted together.

"Why don't we g-"

C Carson was interrupted by a loud gaffaw coming from the exam bed behind him and RiG. When the two turned around they were met the sight of Rodney barking with laughter.

"This... this is a joke right? A prank?" He laughed some more.

"Rodney I don't th-"

"Oh, I'm being "Punked" aren't I?" Rodney ask, still chuckling, cutting C Carson off again. "'cause if I am...", he chortled, 'It's a good one!"

It was now RiG's turn to stare, gobsmacked, at the turn of events.
        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 27 October 2008, 02:40 PM.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

The ground starts to shake and they hear a thud, thud, thud. Mel, Bray, Lizzie and San stare at the undergrowth as it starts to sway and look in horror as they hear a roar and see a T. Rex appear in front of them.

Bray: Whoa that’s one…………….

Lizzie *whispers*: Don’t Say a word. It will hear us. It’s eyesight is not that good. And keep still.

The T Rex looks around and heads towards the herd of Brontosaurus.

Mel:*whispers*: Let’s go….. it didn’t see us….. keep in the undergrowth and stay quiet.

Mel points in the direction she wants everyone to take and they follow. A few steps later she puts up her fist and they all freeze on the spot, listening to the movement in front and to the side of them. Bray jerks his head in the direction of open ground and Mel nods and they follow him.
          A few seconds later and they are confronted with a Raptor staring at them. Bray lets of a round from his weapon as it flies towards him. The Raptor to the side of them attacks and San downs it with a burst from her P90.

Lizze: Look…….. the T. Rex has stopped, it’s coming back. Run!

Mel: Head towards the Outpost.!

A few minutes later with the T Rex closing the gap on them with every stride. Bray turns and lobs a grenade in its direction. They continue running but can hear the thud, thud, thud closing in on them.

Bray: I’ve an idea. Keep going I’ll catch you up.

Lizzie: No heroics.

Bray: As if!

Mel: See you at the Outpost.

Bray veers off and leads the T Rex away from the others. Mel, San and Lizzie glance over their shoulders and see Bray sprinting towards the herd of Brontosaurus’

Lizzie: What the hell’s he doing?

San: Look. There’s another Raptor stalking the herd.

The Raptor looks his way and heads towards him. With the T Rex almost on him he hurls himself into the undergrowth and as the T Rex stops and roars, the Raptor attacks it. As the two are left in a vicious fight Brays crawls away. He smiles as he looks towards the others and heads towards them.

Lizzie: We’ll never hear the end of this you know.

San: Yeah, but he did save our butts.

Mel: Let’s get a move on. We’re not safe yet.

Lizzie: What the………..?
          A dark shadow crosses their path. They look up and see a huge winged creature heading towards the open ground flying straight towards Bray. He didn’t even see it coming as it swoops down and picks him up in it’s claws and flies off towards the hills.
          sigpic

Comment

Melfan: Holy mother!

Lizzie: It took him! It... He...

*Lizzie just stares in chock*

San: Lizzie?

Mel: She's in chock.

*She watches the horizon where the winged creatures disappears*

San: Where did it go?

Mel: Let me check *She looks down on a Life Sign Detector*

San: Totally forgot about that. Wow, there is a lot of lifesigns, hard to distinguish human and Dino apart though.

Mel: Let me do some twinkling with this thing and maybe we can... Hello, there you go

*The Life Sign Detector now shows the dinos as blue and Human as Red*

Melfan: Huh!

San: What? *She trying to comfort Lizzie who still are chocked*

Melfan: He's at the Outpost. The Creature must have a nest there or something.

Lizzie: So he's alive?

Melfan: Yea, one red dot, with a whole lot of blue dots. *She frowns*

San: Come on already! Before he get to be the buffé.

*They head to the Outpst*
            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

The infirmary:

RiG closed her eyes, took a deep breath and snapped "April Bingham!" in an attempt to get Rodney's attention.

Rodney stopped laughing immediately and looked at RiG with an unreadable expression.

"Who's April Bingham?" C Carson asked, clearly confused.

"My mother." RiG responded evenly. Her gaze directed towards Rodney now.

"Your m-mother?" Rodney squeaked.

"Yes da-Rodney." Then to C Carson , "She gave him mono once you know."

"Did she now?" C Carson smiled imploringly.

"Mmhmm, he was out of school for a month!"

"Och, that must have been some kiss!" C Carson commented.

"HEY!" Rodney exclaimed petulantly then sobered up, "So, not a joke then?"

"Not a joke." RiG replied.

" But... how... when...?"

"Well, you may have shared a kiss in Algebra club but you shared a hell of a lot more than that 5 years later."
              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 10 October 2008, 08:02 AM.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Bray struggles and fights until the dinosaurs beneath him become small dots but as he's taken higher and higher he stays extremely still, hoping that the beast won't drop him. Eventually they fly down to a hill, next to the Outpost, and the claws release him and Bray finds himself falling until he lands on the ground with a thud. For a moment the wind is knocked out of him and he lies there unable to move. As he looks around he sees what has broken his fall. Piles of leaves and general debris. When he sees three very large eggs on the ground he decides that it's a very large nest.

Bray: “Great. Looks like I’m on the menu.”

He puts his hand to his chest and is relieved to find the P90 is still attached to his TAC vest. The claws had gripped around the vest and left gaping holes but fortunately not penetrated through to his body. He saw the pterodactyl as it's about to swoop down on him. With his weapon ready he fires. Nothing happens. He's already used the rounds on the Raptor and the T Rex. As his hand goes for his pistol a shadow passes over head. Another pterodactyl wants to eat and is going to fight for him.

Bray: Yes…. that’s it….. fight over me while I come up with a cunning plan. Now if only if I can think of one!

He checks his position and decides that he isn’t very high up, if fact he can see the Outpost close by. He decides the north side isn’t as steep and lowers himself over the edge and starts to climb down… little by little.
                Last edited by LizzieAnne; 14 October 2008, 10:15 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Quickly scrambling down the hillside Bray looks up and sees both pterodactyls still fighting. It’s only a short distance to the Outpost so he decides to make a run for it.
                  Halfway across the open ground he realises the screaming has stopped and he looks over his shoulder.

Bray: Crap. Why couldn’t they fight a little longer.

He’s out of breath but forces himself to keep going. He feels the air rush over him as the pterodactyl swoops in and digs its claws into his TAC vest once more. He twists and turns as he tries to get off a decent shot from his pistol. All of a sudden the air is filled with the sound of gunfire and he feels himself falling. He hits the ground with a thud. The pterodactyl screams and flies for a while longer before it’s loses height and disappears in the undergrowth.

Lizzie, Mel and San rush over to where Bray is lying motionless on the ground.

Lizzie: Hey, you OK?

Melfan: Perhaps he’s dead.

San goes over and checks his pulse.

San: No, he’s still with us.

Bray opens one eye.

Bray: I was hoping one of you would as least give me the kiss of life.

Lizzie: Nothing wrong with him then.

Bray: Saved by the three musketeers. Thanks you guys.

They hear a roar close by.

Mel: Let’s get out of here. Someone open that gate. Let’s get into the compound and hope that fence is secure.

San, Mel and Lizzie make a run for the gate. Bray quickly jumps up and follows them.
                  Last edited by LizzieAnne; 14 October 2008, 10:54 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

*In JPJ's quarters CLorne is painting from a picture, Cara is eating dinner whilst JPJ gets herself some food*

Cara: Rodney has a daughter

JPJ: I'm sorry Cara, Dr McKay has what?

Cara: a daughter, like daddy has me *JPJ looks agasht*

C Lorne: How do you know Cara?

Cara: RiG has just told him, Carson is speechless

CLorne: well, may be you and he can come to an understanding

JPJ: with that lying stuck up...

CLorne: JPJ Cara is here

Cara: mom why do you really not like Rodney?

JPJ: sweetie you know why, because of what he done to you

Cara: but he has a me, so he must feel bad about what he did

JPJ: Cara, adults fight, we do sometimes, but it will take time, may be a long time to rebuild our working relationship

Cara: but you now have something to talk about, your own common ground
                    sigpic
                    Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                    Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

*Shan, Fen and Taoth wait in the gateroom*

Taoth: we do have a scedualed mission *looks at others*

Fen: yeah

Taoth: well, where's Rodney. He's supposed to be here by now

Shan: maybe he forgot

Taoth huffs and touches her headpiece: Dr McKay, this is Third High Comander Taoth Vaclarush, please don't tell me you forgot about our mission today *she glances at Shan and Fen* What! Are you serious. Wait... hang on a sec, I'm coming there. *she cuts him off and heads for the door, when the other two don't follow* The mission's been put on hold, something's come up...
                      Last edited by Taoth Vaclarush; 15 October 2008, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Infirmary:

Rodney was about to respond to RiG when his radio chirped, tapping his ear piece he said, "This is Rodney, go ahead."

"Dr. Mckay, this is Third High Commander Taoth Vaclarush, please don't tell me you forgot about our mission today."

Rodney sighed before replying, "No Taoth, I didn't forget. I've just..." He looks at RiG who was looking at her hands and smiles warmly but decides not to spill the beans about her just yet. Instead he said, "I'm in the infirmary, RiG and I had a little accident while repairing the transporter near my lab. I-"

"What? Are you serious? Wait ...hang on a sec, I'm coming there!" Came Taoth's reply.

"Taoth! You don't have to... Taoth? ...Damn." Rodney huffed and deactivated his radio.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" Came JPJ's voice from the doorway.

RiG glared at JPJ, "Nothing that concerns you!" she growled. Rodney hopped off the exam bed and moved to stand next to RiG and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Easy." he warned.

"Carson?" JPJ implored the scot.

"Sorry JPJ, she's right, it really doesn't concern ya lass."

"Fine. Forget I asked!" JPJ responded angrily.

"Done." RiG stated. "Don't know why you even asked in the first place. It's not like you care about what happens to Rodney."

"Maybe that's because he AGED MY DAUGHTER! And didn't even come to visit her afterwards! " JPJ shot back. "I'm rather surprised you're still refferring to him as Rodney." She added.

"Oh, the hell he did! It was that device that did it, not Rodney! And did it ever occur to you that maybe he was busy trying to save our collective asses from that tear in the gateroom and the mist creature?! Not to mention being STUCK IN A TRANSPORTER where he hit his head and lost consiousness! Gee, that kind of takes priority over checking on a uninjured child who spontaniously grew 2 years."

JPJ looked chagrinned, "I... he was upposed to watch her! Mel left to get them something to eat and he was supposed to watch her!"

"Then couldn't you just as easily blame mel? I mean, she did leave Cara with Rodney. She could have taken Cara with her, she could have called down to the mess and requested some food be brought up to them but she didn't, did she? Hell, you're as much to blame as anyone! You asked Rodney watch Cara for you so you and C Lorne could ...mess around!

Rodney couldn't help but smile broadly at RiG, pride filling his heart for his newly discovered daughter. C Carson on the other hand was shocked by her outburst.

RiG took a breath and furrowed her eyebrows in thought, suddenly her eyes widened in realization as something that JPJ said to her earlier made it to her brain. "That's his name you nit! What else would I call him?"

"Oh, I dunno, maybe... DAD!" JPJ responded.

Rodney whipped his head around to look at JPJ, "How did you know?"

"Cara."
                        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 15 October 2008, 07:11 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Infirmary:

"Cara? What about her?" Came Taoth's out of breath voice from behind them.

"NOTHING!!!" Rodney and RiG shouted in unison.

"She told me that Rodney is h-mmphhmh..." C Carson's left hand clamped across JPJ's mouth evffectively cutting off the rest of her sentence. "Hemmph!" She tried to kick him but C Carson caught her ankle in his other hand.

"Och, you don't want ta be doin' that love." He admonished with a shake of his head.

"What-what am I missing?? Taoth asked no one in particular, looking from one face to another. JPJ continues to struggle out of C Carson's grasp.

"I tell you- I'll tell everyone ...later." RiG said, tiredly. "After I've had a nice long talk with Rodney... alone." RiG noticed that C Carson still had his hand pressed firmly against JPJ's mouth and smirked, JPJ shot her a glare in retaliation.

"What about JPJ?" Rodney asked. "How do we keep her from talking?"

"Oh, I think Carson's got that nicely in hand." RiG smiled conspiratorially at C Carson, who arched an amused eyebrow in return.

"RiG, Carson can't keep his hand there indefinately! ...No matter how much we may want him too." Rodney muttered the last part noticing that JPJ was slapping at C Carson's hand, trying to pry it off.

"Hey!" JPJ exclaimed... or tried to anyway, it came out sounding like "Hemmph!" She switched to elbowing Carson in the stomach. It didn't even faze him.

"I was a boxer in me youth lass, I wouldn't-OW! Mo Chreach!" At Rodney and RiG's looks, "She bit me!" C Carson exclaimed! whipping his hand away from JPJ's mouth and inspecting it. He let out a relieved sigh when he saw it wasn't bleeding.

"Serves you right!" JPJ exclaimed angrily. "I hmmphp" C Carson clapped her mouth shut again, this time with is uninjured hand and much quicker than anyone would think him capable of. "Not so fast lass." JPJ glared daggers at him.

"JPJ, you have to promise me that you won't say anything about..." RiG gestured between herself and Rodney, "...us." She closed her eyes briefly before opening them and looking back at JPJ, "Please?"

JPJ rolled her eyes dramatically before nodding in the affirmative.

RiG sighed. Rodney reached down between them and grasped her hand giving it a gentle, reasurring squeeze. They shared subtle smiles.

"Alright JPJ, do you promise not to say anything about... what Cara told you... if I remove my hand?" She closed her eyes and nodded. "'Good, okay..." And C Carson let his hand drop from JPJ's mouth.

"Finally! I was beginning to lose the feeling in my lips!" JPJ scowled.

"Sorry about that. Now, I-we need to hear you say it... out loud." C Carson said, his arms crossed infront of his chest.

"Say what out loud?" JPJ fingered her abused lips.

"You know what." C Carson arched an eyebrow.

"Fine..."JPJ took a breath, "...I promise not to say..." She looked around and spotted Taoth. When she continued it was with a wicked gleam in her eyes, " anything about Rodney being RiG's father." She huffed, but it was only for show.

"HOLY CRAP!" Taoth blurted, reminding everyone that she was still in the room. RiG winced at the outburst while Rodney just sighed.

"Oooh, dear." C Carson said.

"Oops!" JPJ said, smiling, not the least bit sorry for her loose lips. "Did I mention that Lorne knows too?"

"Sorry to burst your bubble babe but, uh, I kinda figured that one out on my own." RiG shot back.

"Well, I guess what they say is true after all." Rodney said putting his arm around RiG.

"Oh yeah, and what's that?" JPJ asked.

Rodney smiled fondly down at RiG and stated, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

RiG grinned back at him. "Damn straight!" She replied.

A rather speechless JPJ turned to C Carson and scowled, her fingers once again prodding at her lips.
                          Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 01 March 2015, 03:04 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

*After a few hundred meters Melfan comes to a sudden halt, San nearly runs in to her. Mel is looking around*

San: What?

Melfan: Do you hear that?

Bray: What?

San: I don't hear anything!

Melfan: That is what I am talking about! It's to quite!

Lizzie: How far to the Gate?

Melfan: To far! *She looks back*

San: Oh no! No, you don't!

Bray: What?

Melfan: It took us hours to get to the Outpost. And it's to quite. I think they are watching us. *She looks around*

Lizzie: You serious?

Melfan: They want us tired, then they make their move. Look we haven't run that far from the Outpost.

Bray: Hey! I was almost eaten by one of those things! And if you don't forget, their nest are at the Outpst!

Melfan: Outside yes, we're going inside. Find a room, seal us inside, stay the night, get our strenght back. We where going to that anyway. When we don't do our sheduled check in, they make contact, tell them to send a Jumper and get us.

Lizzie: What she says makes sence.

San: She does have a point, Bray.

Bray: Fine! Let's go to the damn Outpost. I don't wanna be snack.

Melfan: Good.

*They make their way back to the Outpost*

San: I feel like I'm beeing watched.

Melfan: Because we are, they are hiding in the bushes. Ready to make their move, that is why we stay together.

*They reach the outpost and Lizzie try to open the door*

Lizzie: It wont open!

Melfan: Let me try *She puts her hand on the door and it opens*

Lizzie: Figures...

Bray: Why didn't you take the gene therapy-

Lizzie: I did! It didn't take!

Bray: Oh.. Uh, let's go inside, it's getting dark. Lizzie needs her sleep

Lizzie: Hey!

*He pushes Lizzie inside and San can't help but grin, Mel just roll her eyes*

Melfan: I work with children

*She goes inside and shut the door*
                            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*Still with a huge scowl on her face*

JPJ: Carson if you do that again, so help me I will hurt you! *she turns to RiG and Rondey* I don't care what happens to either of you, as far as I care you can both up and die and wouldn't care! *she screams at them and leaves*

C Carson: Oh my what have we done?

RiG: What have we done? Nothing, it's all her!

Rodney: I quite agree

C Carson: You would, may be we where a little to harsh * C Carson sighs and heads to his office*

RiG: we have done nothing!
                              sigpic

Comment

The lights from their P90’s shine a pathway down the windowless corridor.

Lizzie: What are we looking for General?

Melfan: Let’s check all the rooms - see what these ancients had going here. If anything.

San: Let’s not touch anything. Right?

Bray: I agree.

Lizzie: You do? Well that’s a first.

Bray pulls a face at Lizzie.

Melfan: First, see if anyone can find the light swit……………..

The lights suddenly turn on and they all squint with the brightness.

Melfan looks at each of them.

Lizzie: Wasn’t me

San: Not me Ma’am

Bray: Nope didn’t touch a thing.

Melfan: Probably the Ancient gene. But keep a sharp look out anyway. Don’t want to be taken by surprise. We’ll split up and meet back here in ten.

Lizzie: What on our own?

Melfan: Yes but in keep in radio contact. Go on, off you go!

All three look at her.

Melfan: Now!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X