Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*On the Orion*

RIG:Are you tracking them?

Rodney: Yes, yes. Oh……. there’s another life form.

*Comms Opens *

Shan: Now would be a good time!

Rodney: Shan?

Shan: No time to explain. Just get us all!

Rodney activates the transporter and Shan, Cara, San, Bray, Lorne and Taoth all find themselves on the bridge.

Shan: Seal the Gateroom!

Rodney: Done!

As the Gateroom is sealed the entity realises its mistake and changes into its non human form and tries to escape through the energy field surrounding the Gateroom. It doesn’t have the power. The gaping hole in the tear hasn’t stopped growing and the entity starts to feel itself being pulled towards it. The light surrounding the entity grows brighter and brighter as it tries to counteract the effect but it gives off a horrible scream as it is sucked through.

General Melfan arrives outside the Gateroom followed by C Carson who looks after the stunned Lizzie on the floor.

*Open comms to the Orion*

Melfan: Rodney?

Rodney:Yes General.

Melfan: Tell me what I need to do with this ancient device.

Rodney: Change of plan. The energy readings I’ve just taken are off the chart. There’s no way you can get into the Gateroom now without Atlantis being destroyed.

Melfan: What are we going to do then?
    Last edited by LizzieAnne; 24 September 2008, 11:19 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Rodney: Just give me a second……..Yes I have it! I can transport the device directly in to the Gateroom from there. Use the code I’m sending you now to the computer in the control room.

*Melfan goes to the control room, takes the code and inputs it on to the device.*

Rodney: OK ready?

Melfan: I’ve done everything you asked. So hopefully.

The device is placed on the floor and Rodney transports it into the Gateroom where it is activated. Sound and light pulsate from it homing in on the energy being emitted from the tear. Very slowly the hole gets smaller and smaller until it disappears.

Rodney: What’s happening? The energy readings are back to normal. Are you OK?

Melfan: Yes. I can hardly believe it! The tear’s gone. The device worked!

Rodney: Can we come back now? I’m really hungry.

C.Carson: Before you do. Will you transport the others to the infirmary. I’m sure they need some attention.

Rodney: Yes…. some look better than others. And there’s a little girl who wants her Mum and Dad.
      sigpic

Comment

*A light engulfs the infirmary Bray, San and Lorne collapse onto the floor, Lizzie already being on the floor, JPJ on a bed, Cara stands shaking. C Lorne, C Carson stand in a corner*

Cara: Daddy!

C Lorne: sweetie *She runs forward to him* Oh baby, are you okay?

Cara: think so, mommy?

C Lorne: we'll have a look *he walks over to JPJ who is starting to wake up*

Cara: mommy! *JPJ eyes open*

JPJ: hey baby *she whispers* you okay? *Cara's eyes well up* oh don't cry baby i'm fine

C Lorne: I need to check the others *he puts Cara on the bed*

JPJ: they should be waking up *sure enough the other 3 start groaning C Lorne walks off to check them*

Cara: i was worried mommy

JPJ: oh baby, i'm here, i'm safe and mom needs to speak to Gen Mel

Cara: why? did i do something wrong?

JPJ: no not you baby, we need to have an adult talk okay? *cara nods and lays next to her mom*
        sigpic
        JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
        Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
        Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Melfan comes running to the Infirmary

Melfan: How is everyone?

C-Carson: San, Lizzie and Bray are still unconcsios. JPJ is awake.

Melfan: But they are no longer affected by the light thingy?

C-Carson: No.

Melfan: What about the black thingy that Fen and Taoth let out?

C-Carson: Do I look like I know what is going on? All this has been very confusing!

Melfan: Tell me about it!

Rodney: Oh, great you are here! *He looks at Mel*

Melfan: Why wouldn't I be?

Rodney: I was worried that you would be wondering around again.

C-Carson: Excuse me?

*C-Lorne and JPJ is walking by*

C-Lorne: This reminds me. Cara said something was bad about Mel.

Melfan: I'm good! All I have is a damn headache!

C-Carson: Let me be the judge of that. Up on the bed. We are gonna scan you.

Melfan: Doc...

C-Carson: Don't you doc me, young lady. I could order you.

Melfan: Bloody hell you are! Fine *She jumps on a bed with a scanner* Let's get this over with
          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*C Carson looks at the scan results, JPJ looks over*

JPJ: well some mild swelling of the Temporal lobe, but that can be due to stress

C Carson: yes, nothing different to the last scan

JPJ: i'll have a closer look later, Gen if the headaches get worse or persist you MUST tell us, it can be fatal

Mel: great, new clone!

JPJ: Not funny *Mel gets up*

Mel: thanks, i will say if they get worse, if you find anything let me know

C Carson: will do Gen *Mel goes to leave*

JPJ: Gen I would like to speak to you, in private please *JPJ face is stern*

Mel: okay, my office 10 mins?

JPJ: No now! *everyone looks up at the loudness of JPJ voice* Emma, could you look after Cara please

Emma: Of course
            sigpic
            Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
            Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

*C Lorne, JPJ and Mel enter Mel's office*

Mel: what is the problem?

JPJ: Do not use MY daughter to solve problems! *JPJ is angry and red faced, Mel is a taken back but before she can speak* She could have died! And you just send her in consqeuences be damned!

C Lorne: JPJ I let Cara go in, she wanted to help

JPJ: She is 18 months old Ev, she doesn't understand and you *She glares at mel* should have known better than to ask!

Mel: And you would have let Atlantis be destroyed?! *JPJ looks at Mel* And let Lorne and everyone die?!

JPJ: I... I

Mel: see, Cara saved everyone!*Mel throws her arms up in the air, JPJ looks at C Lorne*

C Lorne: I think we can all learn from this

mel: I done what was necessary to protect this base and it's people

JPJ: And i have to do what is best for MY daughter, family first! *C lorne stands in front of JPJ*

C Lorne: JPJ please

JPJ: Please what Ev! Forgive and forget? First I get kidnapped pregnant, give birth, Cara gets aged and then used to lure an entity that likes people with the gene, which she has!

Mel: we had a back up plan

JPJ: oh and that makes it okay does it? Let me see, you have a kid, and use it for what you want, leave mine out of it *And with that JPJ leaves*

C Lorne: Gen i'm sorry

Mel; me too, we can't keep on doing this

C Lorne: it's our job, we all know the risks

Mel: yes, but she is partly right, family first, but i have to put everyone on base first regardless of age, etc

C Lorne: i know that and JPJ does too
              sigpic

Comment

*A few days later*

*Mel & co is putting on their gear*

San: So a trip to a Jungle planet huh?

Mel: The database said something about a Ancient outpost so I thought we check that out.

Bray: Yea, nothing like going to an Ancient outpost after playing Zombie.

Mel: An entity... Never mind. This week has been wierd. Wierder than usual.

Lizzie: It's not everyday you get a black entity from another dimension and a shiny life sucking entity in Atlantis.

Bray: Thanks Liz, I am trying forget that.

Mel: Didn't you say you didn't remember anything other seeing the light being all mesmirising and stuff?

San: Yes, I felt like I was dreaming.

Mel: I'm glad you're allright. Everyone ready?

Lizzie: Yup, locked and loaded.

*San and Bray nod and the gang heads to the GateRoom*

Melfan: Dial the gate!

*The Gates activites and Bray, San and Lizzie walks in, Mel turns around and turns toFen andTaoth*

Mel: And you two, no opening strange boxes! *She walks in to the puddle*

Taoth: we are gonna hear that for a long time, aren't we?

Fen: Yup.

Taoth: Not our fault.

Fen: We did find it.

*Jungle Planet*

Mel: Okey folks, according to the database the Outpost is this way

*They start walking*

Lizzie: Why couldn't we have taken a Jumper?

Mel: Dense vegitation. No place to land the Jumper, we get a nice long walk.

San: You are unsually shipper.

Mel: Haven't had a headache in 2 days nows and no blackouts.

Bray: Blackouts? You have had blackouts, and Carson let you go?

Mel: It's no big deal.

San: This could be serious.

Mel: 2 days ago yes, now i havent' had anything happening so I think it was just the stress.

San: But.

Mel: No buts. I'm fine

*She continues to walk, while San, Bray and Lizzie look at each other all thinking the same thing, they are gonna keep an eye on her*
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Lizzie: *whispers* Well I don't think she looks that good do you?

San: No, I don't.

Bray: Looks OK to me.

Lizzie: Well not to me. Something's not right.

Melfan: What are you lot whispering about? Not about me I hope!

Lizzie: No Ma'am. Definitely not. Wouldn't do that. Nope, no siree.
                  sigpic

Comment

Shan lazily opens his eyes, yawns and rubs his eyes while slowly sticking his feet out of bed. “Humans are weird with so much furniture stuff, but beds are really a good invention”, he thinks. He sits straight quickly as his toes touch something sharp. Shan looks down and sees his alarm clock in pieces on the floor. He quickly gets up, dresses himself and hurries to the gateroom, but the team is already gone.
                    However Taoth and Fen are still around standing next to each other and talking about if it was their fault to release the entity or not.
                    Shan cannot resist and sneaks up behind them, as he gets really close he touches both at the shoulder, which makes Taoth and Fen jump.

Shan with a grin: Morning guys, up for another treasure hunt

Taoth, rather crossly: That was not funny, Shan. Don’t sneak up on me like that ever again.

Fen: Could you give it a rest?

Shan backs off from the two rather irritated humans. “Hey, I was only joking. So what are we going to do today?”

Fen and Taoth shrug.

sigpic

Comment

Transporter down the hall from Rodney's lab:

The transporter doors are open and Rodney and RiG are inside, tools and scanners litter the floor of the chamber and surrounding corridor and a crystal tray protrudes from one wall. Rodney is in the middle of pulling out the blackened, fried crystals from the tray and replacing them with new ones. RiG is sitting on a small upturned crate, a datapad in her lap and an ancient scanner in her left hand. She is running a diagnostic on the transporter itself while simultaniously checking that each new crystal is working as it should be.

"RiG, can you hand me my screwdriver?" She picks up the tool, sitting on the floor next her crate, and puts it in Rodney's out stretched hand without looking away from the datapad running the diagnostic.

"Thanks."

"Welcome." She continues eyeing the datapad, checking the readings.

Rodney uses the screwdriver to pry out a particularly stubborn crystal. Grunting with the effort.

RiG glances at the other scanner and notices a spike in the energy output from the crystal that Rodney is working on and stands up, eyes wide. "Uh, Rodney, maybe you shouldn't..."

At that moment the crystal tray explodes.
                      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 01 October 2008, 06:36 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Same transporter:

The crystal, the slot that the crystal was wedged in and Rodney's screwdriver made for a shocking combination. Literally.

Rodney sat on the floor, his back against the wall opposite the one he was working on, blinking rapidly to clear his vision. RiG was sprawled on the floor near his feet, flat on her back, staring up at the ceiling. "That was fun."

"What the... What happened?" Rodney watched as RiG slowly got to her feet and staggered closer to him.

"you stuck your screwdriver in that," She gestured to the now useless crystal tray, "and got zapped across the room for it. Are you okay?"

"Well, that was stupid of me, huh?" He half smiled and watched as RiG lowered herself to sit beside him.

"There was an energy spike, I tried to warn yo -WHOA!" RiG grabbed hold of Rodney's arm.

"RiG, what is it?" Rodney asked in alarm.

"Ooh, dizzy..." RiG swallowed and closed her eyes.

"Okay, just ...breathe, take a deep breath. That's it." Rodney had an arm around her now, the same arm RiG had grabbed seconds earlier. "Feel any better?"

"Actually... no." As soon as the words left her mouth her eyes screwed shut and she pitched forward. Rodney managed to catch her as she passed out and she now lay unconscious in his lap.

"OH CRAP!"
                        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 01 October 2008, 08:49 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Bray has his machete out and is hacking a path through the dense undergrowth.

Lizzie: Are we going up a really steep hill? Either that or I’m feeling really exhausted.

Bray: Yep we’re nearly at the top. Lets have a rest when……..Oh ……..You’re so not gonna believe this.

San Mel and Lizzie say together: What!

Bray starts laughing.: This is so cool.

The others reach the top and stare across at the incredible sight.

Mel: Well, you don’t see that everyday.

San: What are they?

Lizzie: Er some kind of Brontosaurus?

Bray: There are hundreds of them.

Mel: Well this changes things a bit. If there are those vege eating dinos there are probably meat eat…………..

A loud roar is heard in the distance. Followed by another. Everyone looks anxiously at each other.

Mel: Okay. I think it’s time for a tactical withdrawal.

Bray looks disappointed: Can’t we at least a have quick look around?

Lizzie: We can always leave you here if you like. Bye.

Mel: No! Everyone’s going back to the Gate. My orders.

They all turn to go back down the hill when they hear rustling in the vegetation. Very nearby.
                          Last edited by LizzieAnne; 04 October 2008, 07:59 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yup, same transporter:

"OH CRAP!"

Rodney placed a shaking hand to RiG's neck searching for her pulse, after a few seconds he found it, steady if a bit weak. With a relieved sigh he slapped his radio to life.

"THIS IS DR. MCKAY I NEED A MED TEAM TO THE TRANSPORTER OUTSIDE MY LAB! CARSON!" Rodney' fear filled voice echoed down the corridor.

"What happend this time Rodney?" Came C Carson's tired reply.

"An explosion in the transporter! RiG is hurt!"

"BLOODY HELL! Is she conscious?"

"No, not anymore. You gotta get here Carson!"

"I'm on my way Rodney!"

Rodney looked back down at RiG wishing that he could do more, wishing that he could trade places with her.
                            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 03 October 2008, 03:33 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

That same transporter:

Rodney has RiG propped up in his lap and is whispering reasurances to her, even though she can't hear them. He looked away when he heard a noise, when he looked back a moment later he was met by a pair of blue eyes the same shade as his.

"RiG! You're awake!" Rodney smiled.

"So ...it would seem." She reached a hand to her head. "What happened and why am I in your lap? Not that I'm complaining mind you."

"You don't remember?"

"I remember the ...explosion, it's what happened after that's a little bit fuzzy."

"Oh, you ..ah.. passed out. Must have hit your head when the crystal tray exploded. Scared the crap outta me."

"Sorry."

At that moment C Carson arrived with his team in tow.
                              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 17 February 2016, 01:41 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Lizzie: Did you here that?

Melfan: Yea...

*suddenly a tiny dino come out of the bushes*

Lizzie: What a cutie! *She takes a step forward but Mel puts a hand on her chest*

Melfan: Not a cutie, beasty!

San: Is that a....?

Melfan: Yea, and if I'm right, there are several of them nearby! We must go this way!

Bray: But that's towards the Brontosaurus!

Melfan: Where do you wanna go? Towards the meat eaters or the vegie eaters?

Bray: That way it is!

Lizzie: Uh oh!

Melfan: Several more cuties?

Lizzie: Yea!

Mel: Run!

*The gang starts to run while shooting the dinosaours*

San: The Brontos are agitated!

Mel: No ****!

Bray: Where is that Outpost! We could really use the cover! Woah!

*He nearly avoids getting trampled by a Brontosaurus*

Mel: It should be nearby!

*They come to a hill and down the valley they see the large Outpost*

Lizzie: Finally!

Mel: Do you hear that?

Bray: What?

San: I don't hear any...

Mel: I know, it's to quite!

*Suddenly they hear a big roar*

Comment

Working...
                                X