No announcement yet.

Favorite TV Show Tourney - (2005-2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought The Americans was fantastic, and The Following was a disappointing mess.

Tiebreaker

The Big Bang Theory

Comment

What No Dancing?!No Moving To The Beat? No Hip Action? Cha, Cha, Cha! High Heels! Dips! Ball Change!! Poles!! Battement! Hip Hop?? Bollywood!! RRRRRhumba!! Grind!! Cotton Eyed Joe!! Disco Ball! I Love Salsa! Zumba! Free Style! Shuffle! Superman! Two Step!!! Arabesque!! Good Ole Leaps! Merengue! Waltzing with Thundy! Pirouette, Swing! Mamba! Revielle! Snuggle Close! Jig! Jive! Charleston, Flamenco, Bunny Hop, Tango, Move Like Jagger! Fox Trot! Gangnam Style! Rags Baladi Contra! Maypole! Do-Si-Do!!Proper Curated! Chicken Dance! Polka! Grind! Superman! Free Style, Scottish Highland! All That Jazz, Ma Chaquita!!

Burn Notice

teehee!!

that was a toughie!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I have no idea how to vote this time. I like some seasons of Burn Notice very much but I faded away and haven't watched anything this season and probably alot of last season either. I've been watching alot more Big Bang Theory in syndication but that's enough so I don't usually watch the 1st run episodes.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        [Nope. I don't watch anything on NBC if I can help it.

I've also watched the first 2 eps of The Following. That new show on FOX with Kevin Bacon. It's pretty good so far.
        I don't watch much on NBC either - Chicago Fire, which might not be much longer as I'm getting bored by it now and L&O SVU alot more since I quit watching Criminal Minds. But I just exclude shows not channels (except for some cable channels) the networks all generally treat shows the same anyway and jump the gun on cutting them too soon. If you put that much effort into a show you should at least give it a chance to find and audience. But NBC has a problem because they already have a smaller audience base.

Tried The Foillowing, doesn't grab me I keep getting distracted during commercials and forgetting to watch it. And missed the 1st ep completely as I don't watch anything else on FOX now that football is over.
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          I don't watch much on NBC either - Chicago Fire, which might not be much longer as I'm getting bored by it now and L&O SVU alot more since I quit watching Criminal Minds. But I just exclude shows not channels (except for some cable channels) the networks all generally treat shows the same anyway and jump the gun on cutting them too soon. If you put that much effort into a show you should at least give it a chance to find and audience. But NBC has a problem because they already have a smaller audience base.

Tried The Foillowing, doesn't grab me I keep getting distracted during commercials and forgetting to watch it. And missed the 1st ep completely as I don't watch anything else on FOX now that football is over.
          The Following as well as The Americans (on FX) were the only new shows I even tried out this tv season. Won't stick with The Following unless they air repeats because it clashes with Being Human (US) on Monday nights. They had aired repeats on Friday nights which is how I caught the first 2 eps and I think the 3rd ep repeats tonight. I don't watch anything else on FOX either.

My current schedule:

Sun - Once Upon a Time (ABC)
          Sun - The Walking Dead (AMC) This comes back tomorrow night! Yay!
          Mon - Being Human (SyFy)
          Tues - Justified (FX)
          Wed - Supernatural (CW)
          Wed - The Americans (FX)
          Thurs - Person of Interest (CBS)

And that's currently it. I'll be trying out SyFy's new show Defiant in April. And am patiently waiting for the final episodes of Breaking Bad to return in either June or July. And then whenever the next season of Mad Men is supposed to air. Both of those are shows on AMC. I watch very little tv from the broadcast networks.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

The Big Bang Theory
            sigpic

Comment

TIE BREAKER/Round 70 Results

The Big Bang Theory

Results:
              Spoiler:

4 - The Big Bang Theory
              3 - Burn Notice - 2007

5 - Burn Notice - 2007
              5 - The Big Bang Theory

3 - Sherlock - 2010

2 - Fringe
              2 - Torchwood - 2006

1 - Eureka

0 - Doctor Who - 2005

Vote for your 2 least favorite from those remaining.

What's Left to Vote For

Top 20 Countdown:

20. Dexter
              19. Warehouse 13
              18. Sanctuary
              17. Flashpoint
              16. Bones
              15. Strike Back: Project Dawn
              14. Person of Interest
              13. Chuck
              12. Leverage
              11. Falling Skies
              10. Being Human (UK)
              09. Suits
              08. Survivors (UK)
              07. The Big Bang Theory
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Round 71

Burn Notice
                Eureka

Comment

Round 71

Burn Notice
                  Eureka
                  sigpic

Comment

Burn Notice
                    Doctor Who
                    sigpic

Comment

Burn Notice
                      Doctor Who

Comment

Round 71

Sherlock
                        Torchwood
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

What No Dancing?!No Moving To The Beat? No Hip Action? Cha, Cha, Cha! High Heels! Dips! Ball Change!! Poles!! Battement! Hip Hop?? Bollywood!! RRRRRhumba!! Grind!! Cotton Eyed Joe!! Disco Ball! I Love Salsa! Zumba! Free Style! Shuffle! Superman! Two Step!!! Arabesque!! Good Ole Leaps! Merengue! Waltzing with Thundy! Pirouette, Swing! Mamba! Revielle! Snuggle Close! Jig! Jive! Charleston, Flamenco, Bunny Hop, Tango, Move Like Jagger! Fox Trot! Gangnam Style! Rags Baladi Contra! Maypole! Do-Si-Do!!Proper Curated! Chicken Dance! Polka! Grind! Superman! Free Style, Scottish Highland! All That Jazz! Samba!

Fringe
                          Sherlock

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Eureka
                            Sherlock
                            sigpic

Comment

Round 71

Fringe
                              Sherlock

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              The Following as well as The Americans (on FX) were the only new shows I even tried out this tv season. My current schedule:
                              So we have absolutely zero shows in common, although I might watch more Once Upon a Time if it were on at a different time.

I'm watching Good Wife, Downton Abbey, Castle, Chicago Fire, Scandal, Foyle's War (PBS- but apparently was aired back in 2006 which I completley missed), and not so patiently waiting for the next ep of SUITS to get to Hulu. Also watched Last Resort which ended and was cancelled - but was a very good show up till the last 2 eps, which were stupid wrap ups that didn't work AT ALL.

But the only 3 shows I'd be upset if the cancelled are Castle, Scandal, and Suits. Good Wife has been going slowly down hill the past 2 seasons and Downton Abbey took a nosedive this season.

I tried watching several of the other new drama shows but didn't make it very far. And Zero Hour that premiered last night made it only 1/2 hour. Kept telling myself I should give it a try before you quit but finally said forget it - didn't like the premise (Da Vinci Code), wooden acting, no chemistry.

Oh, forgot Smash - which just returned last week and may be forgotten if the next ep is like this past one. They said they made lots of changes (which I don't think they needed) and it resulted in poor dialogue, turned once characters you wanted to follow into annoying characters and inserted songs in places they didn't fit just to have more songs on the show. And with lyrics and music that bored instead of entertained.

BUT - all the above goes away in 45 days when CARDINALS BASEBALL returns!!!!!
                              Then we see how much I miss the shows I forget to record.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Round 71

Burn Notice
                                Eureka

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                So we have absolutely zero shows in common, although I might watch more Once Upon a Time if it were on at a different time.
                                lol! Well that doesn't surprise me.

I watched the first ep of Last Resort. Thought it was okay but then it clashed with something so didn't watch anymore of it.

Won't be watching baseball this season. Not that I watched it last season but I could care less about the Astros....especially now. I despise this new owner. *spit* Not to mention there is no way to watch them anyway since they (and the Houston Rockets) cozied up with Comcast this past year and went and made their own sports channel that no one gets. Only 40% of people in/around Houston could actually watch a Houston Rockets basketball game this season and the bleeps made sure that DirecTV (which is what I have) was forced to black out the few games shown on the NBA channel. I had to go all the way to Alabama to watch a Rockets game. When I went for my sisters graduation back in October, we were flipping through the channel and there were the Rockets. NASCAR season kicked off tonight anyway....
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X