No announcement yet.

Favorite TV Show Tourney - (2005-2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohhh .... got two more .... will post when i return from Zumba!!

teehee!!
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Last call for votes if you have any left or if you are new and want to get some in.

I think TS you're the only one with a vote left.

I'll try to kick off the voting tomorrow.
      Ooops, sorry about that. I remember deciding to leave 1 vote open in case I suddenly remembered that show I really loved . And then forgot to vote.

But I didn't remember anything new.

10. Upstairs Downstairs - 2010 UK
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
        10. Upstairs Downstairs - 2010 UK
        Is it an 'up-to-date' version, or does it still take place way back when?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
          ohhh .... got two more .... will post when i return from Zumba!!

teehee!!
          Did you Zumba the night away!?

Oh and rad, I finally saw that they added Supernatural to Netflix streaming. I watched the first ep of Sherlock last night (since it's in the tourney. course had been meaning to watch it anyway) and saw that they had finally put SPN up.
          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 07 February 2012, 06:57 AM.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Oh and rad, I finally saw that they added Supernatural to Netflix streaming. I watched the first ep of Sherlock last night (since it's in the tourney. course had been meaning to watch it anyway) and saw that they had finally put SPN up.
            Oh yes! I saw that... Jan 31 or Feb 1 I think. I watched the 1st couple of eps so far. We've also been watching Sherlock. Just finished the 2nd ep on that.

And if I'm thinking right, this coming Sunday 2/12, The Walking Dead begins again.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
              Is it an 'up-to-date' version, or does it still take place way back when?
              back when. I don't remember the exact dates of the original but this one is in the late 1930's. Takes place in the same house (fictional, I don't know about real life). Jean Marsh comes back and reprises her role as head housekeeper with new owners.

It was on my PBS station at the same time as the 1st season of Downton Abbey, but for some reason are not showing the 2nd season until next year (an almost 2 yr break). I'm not sure if the 2nd season has been shown in the UK.

The 2 shows are very similar in style but set 20 yrs apart so have to account for differences in customs, times, etc. It was fun watching the differences in how the 2 groups interact in different time frames.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                back when. I don't remember the exact dates of the original but this one is in the late 1930's. Takes place in the same house (fictional, I don't know about real life). Jean Marsh comes back and reprises her role as head housekeeper with new owners.

It was on my PBS station at the same time as the 1st season of Downton Abbey, but for some reason are not showing the 2nd season until next year (an almost 2 yr break). I'm not sure if the 2nd season has been shown in the UK.

The 2 shows are very similar in style but set 20 yrs apart so have to account for differences in customs, times, etc. It was fun watching the differences in how the 2 groups interact in different time frames.
                I remember watching the original. I can't recall the time period now. Still, I was an avid fan back then. I would imagine there would be quite many changes in so many areas, but the main aspect would be in the changes in the interactions between the two factions. I saw it all on PBS which was the highest channel we had on our tv back then (before cable came along).
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yes! I saw that... Jan 31 or Feb 1 I think. I watched the 1st couple of eps so far. We've also been watching Sherlock. Just finished the 2nd ep on that.

And if I'm thinking right, this coming Sunday 2/12, The Walking Dead begins again.
                  Same here. Good series so far...I like the two main characters/actors. Had been wanting to watch since the show runner is the same one currently for DW.

What do you think of SPN so far?

And yeah TWD is back this Sunday. I think they are marathoning S1 on Sat and the first half of S2 on Sunday.

And we're still waiting on ainty.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Same here. Good series so far...I like the two main characters/actors. Had been wanting to watch since the show runner is the same one currently for DW.

What do you think of SPN so far?

And yeah TWD is back this Sunday. I think they are marathoning S1 on Sat and the first half of S2 on Sunday.

And we're still waiting on ainty.
                    Interestingly, the actor who plays Holmes is someone I just saw in a mini series I watched on Netflix, and didn't recognize him as the same guy until I saw the credits! I also like how the series is portraying both leads. We watch it once a week on Netflix since we've begun using Roku and are catching up on all the series (a different one each day) we both want to see together but couldn't because Netflix is computer specific, until we got the Roku.

I like SPN. I'm actually liking it more than I expected! I had to put it on a back burner until I finish watching the SoA 4th season, and then will put it back into my daily watching line-up.

Sadly, since I don't have AMC here, I can't spend the weekend with TWD, though I'll be recording (VCR) the premier Sunday night over at my dad's place. I can actually do a marathon on Netflix for S1, and I still have the VCR tapes of the S2 that I got at the end of that part of the season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Interestingly, the actor who plays Holmes is someone I just saw in a mini series I watched on Netflix, and didn't recognize him as the same guy until I saw the credits! I also like how the series is portraying both leads. We watch it once a week on Netflix since we've begun using Roku and are catching up on all the series (a different one each day) we both want to see together but couldn't because Netflix is computer specific, until we got the Roku.

I like SPN. I'm actually liking it more than I expected! I had to put it on a back burner until I finish watching the SoA 4th season, and then will put it back into my daily watching line-up.

I bought my mom one of those for her birthday last yr. I watch Netflix through an Xbox 360. Netflix is good for a lot of the UK shows as they carry a bunch of them....

SPN only gets better, imo. They were finding their feet in the first season as I did find some of the eps kinda iffy. SoA...another show on my watch list.... Got to where I watched very little on tv and now have been wanting to catch back up with shows I've missed but there aren't enough hrs in the day.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

LS!!

sry, sry, sry!!!

nothing comes to mind .... haven't had time to look .... ermmmmm

add in the Mentalist if it isn't there and .....

my last one is up for grabs .... unless i return with something before .... teehee!!!

teehee!!
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!
                        The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I bought my mom one of those for her birthday last yr. I watch Netflix through an Xbox 360. Netflix is good for a lot of the UK shows as they carry a bunch of them....

SPN only gets better, imo. They were finding their feet in the first season as I did find some of the eps kinda iffy. SoA...another show on my watch list.... Got to where I watched very little on tv and now have been wanting to catch back up with shows I've missed but there aren't enough hrs in the day.
                          Yes on the UK stuff. Have seen a lot of shows I never knew about.

I stopped watching (to get SoA moving along) at an ep called 'Hook Man,' which looked like it might be iffy, but will pick it up there when I'm done with SoA.

I pretty much stopped watching tv altogether, but with Netflix, I can check out anything I hear about along the way. Tho, I will be recording TWD, and watching.

You're SO right about not enough hours in the day!
                          sigpic

Comment

First round of voting will be up tomorrow.

I stopped watching (to get SoA moving along) at an ep called 'Hook Man,' which looked like it might be iffy, but will pick it up there when I'm done with SoA.
                            That one kinda is in a funny way. The show doesn't take itself too seriously so they are purposely over-the-top with some of the horror/gore elements.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

First round of voting will be up tomorrow.

That one kinda is in a funny way. The show doesn't take itself too seriously so they are purposely over-the-top with some of the horror/gore elements.
                              After tomorrow I should be back to it. It'll pick up right where I left off too. It's one of the things I like about Netflix
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks to all for playing!!

For the next tourney, I'm thinking 2005 to the present. It's 6 yrs but it grabs more current shows with starting in '05 *cough* New DW *cough* rather than '06.

Comments? Suggestions?
                                Was there any kind of tourney for the year 2000 onwards?

ETA: Never mind, I found out.

Comment

Working...
                                X