Favorite TV Show Tourney - (2005-2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    Morena Baccarin (Anna) and Alan Tudyk (Erica's actually-a-lizardman former partner).

Yep, he was the lead.
    Anna doesn't look as familiar to me as her name sounds. If she looked a lot different in other things I'd probably recognize her. I know I've seen Alan Tudyk in other shows because, again, the name is one I've seen before.
    I just checked IMdb and saw he was in Dollhouse, so I apparently have seen him before lol but really left no impression.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    If you've seen the mini series "Taken" (came out the early part of this decade and really good if you haven't seen it), Joel Gretsch was in that as well. That's were I always remember first seeing him.

The only characters that I like as in like them as a person are Eli and TJ. Maybe Greer. Rush is my favorite character though because he is the only one I find interesting.

Well that lizard baby is engraved in mine. At the time, I was afraid that thing was under the bed, and that has got to be the only time I ever imagined something like that.

Kind of the reason I don't bother with many new shows these days...especially sci-fi stuff on the major networks because they rarely make it. Like with Space: Above and Beyond from the last tourney. FOX axed it after one season. Like they did with Firefly. As well as the recent Terminator series which had just left on a cliffhanger that had great potential for the next season. I actually wish it had been picked back up rather than Dollhouse (which I also watched, but haven't bothered with this season. Course it got canceled like everyone knew it would but at least FOX is airing all the produced episodes). The X-Files was the only thing FOX has done right in the sci-fi department that I can think of. I can't believe you didn't know which one was Mulder and which one was Scully though.
    I don't remember seeing 'Taken' though I have heard of the show.

I think it is the characters who stay with me that stand out for one reason or another. Rush, Eli and Greer are it for SGU, and I know Lou Diamond Philips from so many things that he's fallen out of the generic realm, though I don't find his character interesting at all. TJ isn't ringing any bells for me.

I not only remember Space: Above and Beyond, but watching it faithfully and refused to talk to anyone while it was on. It was on network from what I remember when it first aired since I don't think our cable station carried SciFi (as it was called then). I agree about network treatment of shows, obviously.

LOL @ Scully/Mulder mix up. What I meant was that I didn't know who DD was, so in the beginning for quite many episodes I constantly confused him with other men (except for Skinner, of course) in the show though didn't have as much trouble with Gillian and the other women, since she stood out a bit more. I knew Mulder was the guy and Scully was the gal

Originally posted by aintright View Post
    i am only still watching SGU cause it is on when Sanctuary is ... now that i have been enjoying!!

teehee!!
    When SGA went off we dropped our cable box, which eliminated many cable stations including SyFy, which didn't bother me since there wasn't anything I cared to watch. I saw Sanctuary thru the 1st season, but during the second season, it didn't really bother me that it would become a casualty of the dropped box.

We just took it further at the end of last month and dropped expanded basic since the only shows I watched were on network, save one, 'Leverage' and I can record that at my father's house.

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    V - boy, you people are young. I was in my 20's when that 1st aired. But even so that lizard baby was still frightening.
    I'm right there with you in not being young when it was on. I believe I was slightly older, early 30 Something
    sigpic

Comment

^^ TJ is the blond medic on SGU. Well I do have all the main character names down, but most of those secondary ones as still nameless people. There aren't any Zelenkas in the bunch.

Round 29

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Tie Breaker

3 - Highlander
        3 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Vote for your least favorite from the two above. Specifically ainty, wbb, and TS as y'all are the ones to break the tie....

Get your vote in by Wednesday.

Results:
        Spoiler:

3 - Highlander
        3 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
        1 - Babylon 5
        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 13 December 2009, 09:11 AM.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Oh ok, the medic. Thanks Hub noticed her lol

Tie Breaker

Highlander
          sigpic

Comment

ugggg ...

i dont wanna ...

i wuvs will!! i still watch this show on a regular basis ...

but, my gf did art production for highlander

decisions, decisions ...

back laters .....

teehee!!
            sigpic
            SCORE!!
            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Tie Breaker

I was in my 20s when the original 'V' was on the telly and even now, thinking about the lizard baby still freaks me out.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                Anna doesn't look as familiar to me as her name sounds. If she looked a lot different in other things I'd probably recognize her.
                She was Adria in the last season of SG-1 too, if you were still watching at that point. She had longer hair...?

I know I've seen Alan Tudyk in other shows because, again, the name is one I've seen before.
                I just checked IMdb and saw he was in Dollhouse, so I apparently have seen him before lol but really left no impression.
                The guy was awesome in Dollhouse...!

V - boy, you people are young. I was in my 20's when that 1st aired. But even so that lizard baby was still frightening.
                I'm right there with you in not being young when it was on. I believe I was slightly older, early 30 Something
                You pair of old fogies...

As fair as SGU goes, I'm loving Eli, Greer and Young, and Rush as a character. Not as a person, he's kind of a dick , but fantastic to watch. I like the other regulars, though I'm not quite attached to them yet.

Tiebreaker

Highlander

Comment

lol. I think everyone currently voting in this thread out age both of us. So don't get them riled up because we are outnumbered.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

LOL Mr Nak. I'd run if I were you. I'd run very fast.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    I was in my 20s when the original 'V' was on the telly and even now, thinking about the lizard baby still freaks me out.
                    I was about 15-17 when V aired over here. I'm not that old after all. Good to know.

LOL. The original V was awesome. The rodent devouring scenes were extremely well done! It was great to see Robert Englund in a non carnivorous role, too.

I really got into it especially the first time the V for victory symbol was sprayed on the wall. I was always outdoors at that age, but when it was V night I always raced home so that I didn't miss anything.

I haven't bothered to check out the remake yet. I might, but I don't want to spoil the memory of the original series.

Oh, as for Space: Above and Beyond... Too short a series, but what a finale!

Tie Breaker

Highlander
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                      Eh, I think a light jog should be fine with you lot.

Comment

Highlander
                        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Tie Breaker

sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

She was Adria in the last season of SG-1 too, if you were still watching at that point. She had longer hair...?

The guy was awesome in Dollhouse...!
                            Was he the tech guy? I do remember liking him though didn't actually get to know who the actor was, and the pics didn't give me the impression it was the same guy.

As far as SGU goes, I'm loving Eli, Greer and Young, and Rush as a character. Not as a person, he's kind of a dick , but fantastic to watch. I like the other regulars, though I'm not quite attached to them yet.
                            Guess you'll figure out soon enough that life begins after 40

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            lol. I think everyone currently voting in this thread out age both of us. So don't get them riled up because we are outnumbered.
                            That's right... we'll come after ya on the wheels of our walkers LOL

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post

I was about 15-17 when V aired over here. I'm not that old after all. Good to know.
                            Heh Young whippersnapper

The original V was awesome. The rodent devouring scenes were extremely well done! It was great to see Robert Englund in a non carnivorous role, too.
                            I LOVED Robert Englund! He was fabulous.

Oh, as for Space: Above and Beyond... Too short a series, but what a finale!
                            That is on my series list to buy.

Eh, I think a light jog should be fine with you lot.
                            Did I mention those walker wheels are motorized LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

Was he the tech guy? I do remember liking him though didn't actually get to know who the actor was, and the pics didn't give me the impression it was the same guy.
                              No. He was the crazed psycho in the last couple of eps from the first season.

That is on my series list to buy.
                              I bought it a couple a years ago when it came out. The set is bare bones as it has nothing but the episodes. I'll have to break it out and rewatch it again eventually. Currently working on a rewatch of Farscape, LOST, and then just bought the two Star Trek movie sets with all 10 movies....

We are still tied...as the only two new votes were for each one.... It's all going to come down to you, ainty unless wbb comes to vote. Otherwise I will be forced to toss them both.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

ohhh grrrr...

ok!!

highlander ....

forgive me jc!!

teeyikeshee!!
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!
                                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Working...
                                X