Nightcrawler and Simon Tam are GONE!

Current List Of Heroes

Round 23

Apollo/Lee Adama
          Capain Kirk
          Neo
          O'Brien
          Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap)
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
            My Vote
            Nightcrawler – neither is heroic, but Nightcrawler is less of a hero than Simon, who gave up everything for his sister, IMO
            Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Simon to go. I still think he's a great character, but then Whedon often goes for character rather than heroics.
            Even keeping to movie Nightcrawler and his few appearances in the cartoon, he took leaps of faith to save total strangers and even those who despised him.
            I agree with The Signal that neither of these two are heroic, but I agree with Mr Prophet that The Nightcrawler often put his life in risk to save others.
            So:
            Simon Tam to go!

EDIT: OUPS, I'M LATE!!! Pity, I could have saved The Crawler......
            Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
            (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Too late, though that would have saved Nightcrawler
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

So, finally:

Round 23

Batman (Batman Franchise)
                Benjamin Sisko (DS-9)
                Hoban "Wash" Washburne (Firefly)
                Kosh Naranek (Babylon 5)
                Spike (Buffy/Angel)
                Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Round 23

Captain Jean-Luc Picard <-I don't understand why they didn't just go ahead and make him British. I know they had at least one episode exploring his French heritage (or at least, that of his brother), but he was always just sooooo extremely British to me. He even drank Earl Grey tea FCOL! Do French people drink Earl Grey? (I'm asking, do they? My fellow 300 million Americans and I want to know!)
                  Hoban "Wash" Washburne <-although I'd vote for him to win funniest hero
                  Neo
                  Rogue
                  Wolverine

ETA: In case that sounded offensive, I just want to say I like British and French people. (Although I've never been to England...I'd love to! I had a lovely experience in France.) I don't think it was even the accent that puts me over. I'm someone who had no problem with Sean Connery playing a Russian sub commander. (Although Harrison Ford playing a Russian sub commander did seem a little silly to me.....I guess he just doesn't have the presence Sean Connery has.) I hope I'm not digging myself in deeper....I should probably just stop typing now.
                  Last edited by Callista; 18 October 2006, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Round 23

1. Zoe Washburne
                    2. Neo
                    3. Hoban "Wash" Washburne
                    4. Kosh Naranek
                    5. O'Brien
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                      I don't think it was even the accent that puts me over.
                      If you talking about the "British Accent" and not the French, I feel that you need to know that the "British Accent", isn't for all of Britain, just a little bit of it, accents vary dramatically from region to region. Only about 5% of the population are as posh as most American TV would have you believe.

Anyway....

The Doctor
                      Spiderman
                      Hoban "Wash" Washburne
                      Batman
                      Professor Charles Xavier
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Round 23:

O'Brien
                        Spike
                        Apollo / Lee Adama
                        Benjamin Sisko
                        Rogue
                        I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          If you talking about the "British Accent" and not the French, I feel that you need to know that the "British Accent", isn't for all of Britain, just a little bit of it, accents vary dramatically from region to region. Only about 5% of the population are as posh as most American TV would have you believe.
                          I don't doubt that. I know the same is true with American accents. Most people on American TV have what I would call "no accent" but I suppose it's sort of a TV accent if anything as I don't know anyone who talks that way in real life. I'm from the midwest and when I lived in New Jersey, they made fun of my accent (in a nice way, they weren't trying to be mean or anything) and now that I live in the Pacific Northwest, I still get occasional teasing. I had a friend from New Orleans who would absolutely cringe in disgust anytime an actor tried to do a New Orleans accent.
                          Anyway, sorry for the off-topicness.....

Comment

Round 23

Commander Susan Ivanova
                            John Sheridan
                            Miles O'Brien
                            Professor Charles Xavier
                            Superman
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Round 23
                              Ambassador Delenn
                              Sam Beckett
                              Superman
                              Kosh Neranek
                              The Doctor

Comment

Round 23:

Ambassador Delenn
                                Benjamin Sisko
                                Eowyn