Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Voyager theme is superb. Not just the music, but the video as well. I love how it's so well choreographed with the music.

Comment

My top three were:
      1) Stargate: Atlantis
      2) BSG: TNS - UK
      3) Doctor Who: 9th Doctor theme

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      *murmers and kicks Wraith Scientist under desk* Shut up!
      Ow! *throws pencil at Ptah*

Comment

thanks again Ptah ... and well worked out.
        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Cheers Ptah. Another quality tourney... Plus, i'm liking the sound of the personal touch with the PMs.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Thanks Ptah!!
            -

Comment

Great job Ptah!!

My top 10
              1 Quantum Leap
              2 Greatest American Hero
              3 Sliders
              4 Lois and Clark
              5 Babylon 5 (5)
              6 Stargate: SG1
              7 Buck Rogers
              8 The X-Files
              9 Doctor Who - 1st era
              10 Angel

My bottom 3
              Tru Calling
              Battlestar Gallactica: TNS - UK
              Firefly

I was pretty far off from the rest of the group but it was still interesting and fun.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                Okaaay... Was that the remix?
                Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                Woah.....what was that?
                Oh shush! both of you! you have no imagination

Best Fantasy Villain sounds good !! it's weird how people sometimes love to hate a villain

Question : In StarTreks, do we consider Klingons as villain ? I don't like the Klingons in ST TOS, but love Worf & B'elanna
                sigpic
                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

THANKS PTAH!

Great job running a very interesting tournament. I really had a good time listening to all the themes - some I'd never heard before.

And congrats to Angel. It was really a toss-up between Angel and Firefly for me so I'd be happy either way.

BSG was my first choice but Angel and Firefly weren't far behind.

Look forward to the next tournament.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                    it's weird how people sometimes love to hate a villain
                    Sometimes villains can be far more interesting than our sparkling white toothed, greater-than-good heroes.

Originally posted by L-JADE
                    Question : In StarTreks, do we consider Klingons as villain ? I don't like the Klingons in ST TOS, but love Worf & B'elanna
                    That would be quite a hard one to call. Ptah would have to specify which era of Klingons. They were, for the most part, allies in the TNG era, apart from a few rogue Klingons here and there. Even the Romulans became allies in Deep Space Nine!
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

To avoid the Klingon issue, along with a few more, I would possibly have two classifications; as a collective, ie. Klingons, Cardassians, Vampires, Wolfram and Hart, Reavers, and as indevidual characters, ie. Dukat, The Master, Lindsey, Lilah, Niska, Ba'al.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

To avoid the Klingon issue, along with a few more, I would possibly have two classifications; as a collective, ie. Klingons, Cardassians, Vampires, Wolfram and Hart, Reavers, and as indevidual characters, ie. Dukat, The Master, Lindsey, Lilah, Niska, Ba'al.
                        OY! the individual characters would be a headache to remember which one is which and took a long time to finish.. er.. wait! no go ahead, good idea!
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you've got a good idea going. Are you going to take any suggestions, like we did for the themes? And I hope we have some explanations for the characters - I have no idea what a Reaver is. Also is this just going to be tv villians or include movie villians?
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

The problem with that is most folks won't know individual "bad guys" or perhaps not even races... We might have to have links to wikipedia or something for explanations on how "dastardly" they are. Course, the problem with that is that through reading, you can't get the same... feelings of mistrust and hatrid that you from years of viewing... I don't know. Just thinking aloud. Or just use well known ones eg. Vader/Sith etc...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
                              Sounds like you've got a good idea going. Are you going to take any suggestions, like we did for the themes? And I hope we have some explanations for the characters - I have no idea what a Reaver is. Also is this just going to be tv villians or include movie villians?
                              Reaver is the nasties in Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity, they're cannibals & like to torture people and themselves. The common rule for them is that if you see your friend/family get caught by them, it is merciful to just kill your friend/family there & then.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
                                Thanks Yes I will be doing it like my last two, taking suggestions and accepting... say the top 32. Wikipedia links as someone mentioned are a good idea, and the thing is, if i do a sport tournement style, people have just 2 people to choose from, so if they dont know one its not a major thing that will carry through the tournement. As for Tv or Movie, Im thinking movie characters might be a good idea. Keep the comments coming guys, I want this to be a good one.
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X