Buffy
    Firefly
    sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Buffy
      Firefly

Originally posted by Matt G
      Looks like SG1's going to win due to the fact that though it's not everyone's favourite of all time, no one here thinks it's cack either. Fair enough.
      Exactly! It's not my 1st (or even 2nd) choice but it's better than the other 2. My biggest problem with Buffy is..well..Buffy. I liked alot of the side characters, but how do you watch a show when you don't like the main character.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Awww, I wanted Farscape to win.

Anyway, my votes are

Buffy
        Stargate

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
        My biggest problem with Buffy is..well..Buffy. I liked alot of the side characters, but how do you watch a show when you don't like the main character.
        Yeah, I had that problem with Angel. Still watched it, for the totally brilliant writing and for the two or three characters I did like, but it doesn't make my top ten because I don't like Angel himself all that much.

Madeleine

Comment

Buffy
          Firefly

Comment

buffy
            firefly

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Buffy
              Firefly

Comment

Results

Buffy - 22
                Firefly - 16
                Stargate SG-1 - 10

Buffy is GONE

Spoiler:
                IMO this is 10000000 times better than SG1, the characters developed much more, and so did the story style. Most of all, it had that magical touch that SG1 has almost never had (there are a few eps that do, ie. WoO, Meridian) where we get to see what the characters are truly about. More than anything, Buffy, with the exception of S6 which was the result of a new network calling the shots, was true to itself, keeping the same ideals throughout, and the constant metaphores of growing up etc. Most notably Willows abuse of magic represented drug abuse far more realistically than SG-1's "Need", while the Angelus storyline showed how people can suddenly change in an instant better than Sha're and Skara becomeing hosts.

FINAL VOTE

Stargate SG1 vs Firefly

(this is kinda redundant seeing as SG1 was always likely to win this, so had it not been involved from the offset, Firefly would be the winner)

My Vote (do it like this so theres no confusion)

Stargate SG1 to GO

Firefly to win!
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Final Round

Stargate SG-1 to GO!

Firefly to win!

Comment

Final Round

Firefly to GO

Stargate SG1 to win
                    Thanks L-Jade for the sig!

Comment

Final round

Firefly out

Sg-1 has to win!
                      sigpic

Comment

Firefly to Go

Stargate SG-1 to Win

Although I don't particularly care, either way, they're both great shows, and they both have merits that could place them ahead of the other for me, but today I'm in an SG-1 mood.

Comment

Final Round

Stargate SG-1 to GO

Firefly for the win!

While Stargate is (was) excellent, it was way down on my list of favourite series.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

DAMN!!! Missed two rounds. Although I don't think it would have made any difference if I'd been here.

Final Round
                            Thinking about it with my head, this is actually a much tougher decision than I expected. But my heart says...

Firefly to go!!!
                            Stargate SG-1 to win!!!

Spoiler:
                            Like Trek_Girl42 said just above me, they both have qualities that could place either in first, but Stargate is my absolute favourite programme, so I've gotta vote for it.
                            (I actually put both Lost and Buffy above Firefly too, so there you go)

Comment

Firefly to go

Stargate SG-1 to WIN

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Firefly to go

SG1 to win

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X