No announcement yet.

Favorite Zoe Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Place - I think you have a problem with your brain being missing (50)
    2nd Place - Sir... you paid money for this? On purpose? (50)

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(36)
    - Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (32)
    - "Fought with a lot of people in the war." "And your husband?" "Fight with him too sometimes." (23)
    - "We live on a spaceship, dear" (16)
    - Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?" Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir." (6)
    - Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later. (7)

Originally posted by Andron View Post
    It is really handy Actually, I'm almost with every professor of my department on a first name basis - we really went on a lot of field courses

Today I got home a 9pm, long day in the lab. We were running some simulations on the pressure and temperature resistance of a specific rock. Interesting, but to set up the experiment always takes a lot of time...
    Well I'll stick with YouTube vids today. Must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXROnzpsrlg

DO watch to the end!

If you like this, you might want to see this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmEc8rd_Nw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bygOaphU4o
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(36)
      - Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (33)
      - "Fought with a lot of people in the war." "And your husband?" "Fight with him too sometimes." (23)
      - Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?" Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir." (6)
      - Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later. (7)

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      Well I'll stick with YouTube vids today. Must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXROnzpsrlg

DO watch to the end!

If you like this, you might want to see this:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmEc8rd_Nw
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bygOaphU4o
      Funny vids, especially the first one
      sigpic
      My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(37)

- Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (33)

Funny vids, especially the first one

I especially like the end.

"Amateur Transplants" is well know on the Internet.

[ETA]

I want to be an Anesthesiologist later.

Amateur Transplants - The Anaesthetist's Hymn

or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbJF5-vLgAo
        Last edited by Jper; 05 December 2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(37)
          - Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (34)

I especially like the end.

"Amateur Transplants" is well know on the Internet.

[ETA]

I want to be an Anesthesiologist later.

Amateur Transplants - The Anaesthetist's Hymn

or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbJF5-vLgAo
          Interesting

Only two weeks till some end-semester exams...
          sigpic

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(38)

- Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (34)

Interesting

Only two weeks till some end-semester exams...
            I got an interesting riddle for you today. One I've been thinking about the entire week.

You've got two fuses, both will burn up after an hour. However they don't burn with a constant speed, so it's entirely possible to have burned up half the fuse in under 10 minutes. Now, you don't have a watch and you want to measure 15 minutes, a quarter of an hour with these fuses. You have an unlimited supply of matches to light the fuses. How do you do it?

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(39)

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(39)
                - Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (35)

I got an interesting riddle for you today. One I've been thinking about the entire week.

You've got two fuses, both will burn up after an hour. However they don't burn with a constant speed, so it's entirely possible to have burned up half the fuse in under 10 minutes. Now, you don't have a watch and you want to measure 15 minutes, a quarter of an hour with these fuses. You have an unlimited supply of matches to light the fuses. How do you do it?
                Got no idea (as of now). Do you know the answer?

Had to give a presentation of a paper today. I was a little nervous at first, everything went fine.
                sigpic

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(40)

- Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (35)

Got no idea (as of now). Do you know the answer?

Had to give a presentation of a paper today. I was a little nervous at first, everything went fine.
                  Well yeah, I tried to figure it out an entire week and then I found the solution:
                  Spoiler:
                  It's really easy actually. You take the first fuse. You light it at both sides while you light the other fuse, the second fuse at one side, all at the same exact time. Next the first fuse will burn it out after thirty minutes. Then you light the other side of the second fuse. This way the second fuse has still 15 minutes left before it burns out and you have measured 15 minutes.

A new (easier) riddle:
                  You have a 5 liter bucket and a 3 liter bucket. You have to measure 4 liters of water (in the 5L bucket). You can use as much water as you want. How do you do it?

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(40)
                    - "Fought with a lot of people in the war." "And your husband?" "Fight with him too sometimes." (24)

Well yeah, I tried to figure it out an entire week and then I found the solution:
                    Spoiler:
                    It's really easy actually. You take the first fuse. You light it at both sides while you light the other fuse, the second fuse at one side, all at the same exact time. Next the first fuse will burn it out after thirty minutes. Then you light the other side of the second fuse. This way the second fuse has still 15 minutes left before it burns out and you have measured 15 minutes.

A new (easier) riddle:
                    You have a 5 liter bucket and a 3 liter bucket. You have to measure 4 liters of water (in the 5L bucket). You can use as much water as you want. How do you do it?
                    Just fill the 3 liter bucket up with water, fill this into the 5 liter bucket. After that just fill the 3L bucket up to a third which should be (about) one liter. Pour this water into the 5L bucket -> now there are 4 liter in this bucket.
                    Hope that's how you should do it...
                    sigpic

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(41)
                      - "Fought with a lot of people in the war." "And your husband?" "Fight with him too sometimes." (24)

Just fill the 3 liter bucket up with water, fill this into the 5 liter bucket. After that just fill the 3L bucket up to a third which should be (about) one liter. Pour this water into the 5L bucket -> now there are 4 liter in this bucket.
                      Hope that's how you should do it...
                      And how would you know what a third is? There are no markings and it has to be a bit exact. It can't be 4,1 liter. Nope, this isn't how it's done. Sorry. Although you do indeed need to transfer water from one bucket to the other. Several times. This one isn't that hard.

Hint:
                      Spoiler:
                      You need to start with filling the 5L bucket.

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(41)
                        - "We live on a spaceship, dear" (17)
                        Last edited by MSCA; 10 December 2009, 01:51 PM.

sigpic

Comment

- "Fought with a lot of people in the war." "And your husband?" "Fight with him too sometimes." (25)

And how would you know what a third is? There are no markings and it has to be a bit exact. It can't be 4,1 liter. Nope, this isn't how it's done. Sorry. Although you do indeed need to transfer water from one bucket to the other. Several times. This one isn't that hard.

Hint:
                          Spoiler:
                          You need to start with filling the 5L bucket.
                          Aha, it needs to be exactly 4 liters.

Well, then first you fill up the 5L bucket. Pour this water into the 3L bucket till it's full. Then you got 2L in the 5L bucket. Fill it this water into the 3L bucket, then you fill up the 5L bucket. Now pour the water from the 5L bucket into the 3L bucket (which contains 2 liters) till it's full (3 liters). Now you got 4 liters in the 5L bucket.
                          sigpic

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(42)
                            - "Fought with a lot of people in the war." "And your husband?" "Fight with him too sometimes." (25)

Aha, it needs to be exactly 4 liters.

Well, then first you fill up the 5L bucket. Pour this water into the 3L bucket till it's full. Then you got 2L in the 5L bucket. Fill it this water into the 3L bucket, then you fill up the 5L bucket. Now pour the water from the 5L bucket into the 3L bucket (which contains 2 liters) till it's full (3 liters). Now you got 4 liters in the 5L bucket.

You want another riddle?

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(42)
                              - Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (36)

You want another riddle?
                              Ya, why not...
                              sigpic

Comment

- First rule of battle, little one. Never let 'em know where you are....Of course, there's other schools of thought...(43)

- Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die. Zoe: Yes sir. Because it's a deathtrap. (36)

Ya, why not...
                                Okay. A classic: There's a prisoner in a jail cell. In this jail cell there are three light switches. One of these light switches operates a light bulb on the floor above. The prisoner can have his freedom if he can tell the guard which switch out of the three operates/lights the light-bulb. He has as much time as he wants, but he's only allowed to go upstairs to the room with the light-bulb once, after which he must say which switch lights the light-bulb. How does the prisoner gain his freedom?

Comment

Working...
                                X