Bionic Woman Shuts Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bionic Woman Shuts Down

Because of the writers strike, NBC's Vancouver-shot TV series "Bionic Woman" shut down Nov. 9, well ahead of its scheduled Dec. 12 close, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Also, the fourth season of SCI FI Channel's "Battlestar Galactica," which was set to shoot through mid-March, will wrap Friday because it, too, has burned through available scripts.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=39362

Doesn't surprise me and I will not be surprised to see more of this coming from all shows currently on air.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Doesn't surprise me and I will not be surprised to see more of this coming from all shows currently on air.
      Sadly, I saw this coming as well. Not good at all.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Does this strike mean affected shows are canceled automatically? Or will they resume?

Comment

Originally posted by FlightPod View Post
          Does this strike mean affected shows are canceled automatically? Or will they resume?
          Considering that BW has already aired all the eps they had filmed and at the time of the strike, they had an order for 3 more scripts to be written...and the strike is still on going, I do not hold out any hope that this particular show will live through the strike. Sad for some of us, reason to celebrate for others.
          sigpic

Comment

hoot hoot!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Sadly, I saw this coming as well. Not good at all.

Yes, it not good at all? I knew when SCI FI CHANNEL stopped airing it
              that was the begining of the end. The strike KILLED It.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis Team member View Post
                that was the begining of the end. The strike KILLED It.
                Well, the strike, and it's writers who didn't seem like they knew where they wanted to take this show.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hah, collapsed like I thought it would. I might just start believing in an Almighty.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis Team member View Post
                    that was the begining of the end.
                    The strike KILLED It.
                    Is this some kind of deranged and ridiculous attempt to blame SCIFI for killing Bionic Woman? Skiffy stopped airing BW AND THEN IT WAS CANCELED!! OMGEVILSKIFFY!!!

Or maybe it's a case of OMG, BW is liek sooooo crappy even SCIFI wont air it!!!11!

What ever. I know people are a bit... rapturous in their hatred of SCIFI, but ye gods, people.

Was Bionic Woman awful? Some people seem to think so. Is its cancellation a telling sign? Probably. Does any of it have ANYTHING to do with whether or not it was airing on SCIFI? Puh-lease. No. It doesn't.

What's next, damning Skiffy when some show on USA gets canned? Because, OMG, they totally aired commercials for that show on Skiffy AND NOW IT'S DEAD!!11!

Coincidence? Hell yeah.

Comment

BW had issues that much is true, but some of us still enjoyed it (I'd rather watch a really crappy eps of BW than any of the "reality" crap that's on) and are a bit bummed that it won't be back.

However, sorry if I depress any of you who are gleeful over it's demize...I'm happy that you're happy.

yeah, the fact that SciFi and USA are owned by NBC's parent company has nothing to do with what choices NBC execs made.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Is this some kind of deranged and ridiculous attempt to blame SCIFI for killing Bionic Woman? Skiffy stopped airing BW AND THEN IT WAS CANCELED!! OMGEVILSKIFFY!!!

Or maybe it's a case of OMG, BW is liek sooooo crappy even SCIFI wont air it!!!11!

What ever. I know people are a bit... rapturous in their hatred of SCIFI, but ye gods, people.

Was Bionic Woman awful? Some people seem to think so. Is its cancellation a telling sign? Probably. Does any of it have ANYTHING to do with whether or not it was airing on SCIFI? Puh-lease. No. It doesn't.

What's next, damning Skiffy when some show on USA gets canned? Because, OMG, they totally aired commercials for that show on Skiffy AND NOW IT'S DEAD!!11!

Coincidence? Hell yeah.
                        Funny. I got the impression that Atlantis Team member meant that Skiffy pulling the show from its schedule was an indication that it was at its end- not a cause for the show's demise. And not blaming SCI-FI- just a point of fact that if Skiffy was pulling it, it was probably going to be over.

Comment

Coincidence? Hell yeah.

Question. What are you on about?

I thought the statement made by the OP was valid to an extent. Isn't Scifi an extention of NBC or under the umbrella of NBC? If it cancels the airing of BW reruns wouldn't that give one an impression that it was probably on the way to cancellation or already cancelled by NBC?

I just don't get your tirade. I don't think the OP was blaming Skiffy for anything in regards to the situation, just making a valid observation. I just think the OP's statements didn't merit the reaction and resulting response.
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                            BW had issues that much is true, but some of us still enjoyed it (I'd rather watch a really crappy eps of BW than any of the "reality" crap that's on) and are a bit bummed that it won't be back.
                            Nothing wrong with enjoying it. Wound up not being to my taste, but I can see why folks would like it and I've certainly had enough guilty pleasure junk-shows in my life that I can hardly point fingers. Unless a show is appallingly bad. Like Cavemen. Or any of those reality dungheaps

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Funny. I got the impression that Atlantis Team member meant that Skiffy pulling the show from its schedule was an indication that it was at its end- not a cause for the show's demise. And not blaming SCI-FI- just a point of fact that if Skiffy was pulling it, it was probably going to be over.
                            Could be, and if so I apologize. Guess I'm a bit twitchy on the subject since so many hail Skiffy as the Antichrist and proclaim hellfire and dalmatian at the merest hint of anything SCIFI has to offer. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be all that surprised if someone did damn Skiffy for the cancellation of a show on USA or NBC or whatever just because Skiffy aired a commercial. I'm getting massively sick of it, especially since it all ties in to the cancellation of SG-1. *grinds teeth* Just because SG-1 is/was the center of some peoples' universe doesn't mean it is LITERALLY the center of the universe and thus not EVERYTHING Skiffy does, says, or thinks about necessarily ties back to that show and only a thrice-damned fool would imply otherwise. Unfortunately, it still happens... on nearly every thread for any show/production that airs on the curséd network.

FWIW I think Skiffy continued airing Surface right up until the end and that show was doomed almost from the start. As... questionable as I sometimes found Bionic Woman, I don't think it was anywhere near the level that Surface had sunk to by its ignominious end. *sigh* BW had clunky writing and a bit of an identity crisis (in my opinion, of course), but Surface had bad writing and bad science; stuff that would even make my ten year old niece cringe.

I don't think Surface was really salvageable (and they kept digging themselves deeper and deeper in every ep), but I think Bionic Woman could have stood a better chance if, for example, the show's writers had used this strike time to sit down and not only figure out what the wanted but to actually agree upon a specific course of action to achieve those goals.

But then again I still harbor the suspicion that TPTB are guilty of actor envy and were sorry that they had to focus their stories on Jamie instead of Sarah, and that'd be a pretty insurmountable obstacle.

Comment

Nothing wrong with enjoying it. Wound up not being to my taste, but I can see why folks would like it and I've certainly had enough guilty pleasure junk-shows in my life that I can hardly point fingers. Unless a show is appallingly bad. Like Cavemen. Or any of those reality dungheaps
                              Thankfully I missed Cavemen (on purpose - their commercials were enough, seriously) and the only "reality" tv I watch is on either TLC or Discovery channel. John & Kate Plus 8 or Little People, Big World - no one is eating horse poo for money. Just a couple of families making it through life. Good stuff.

About SciLie - I don't trust the suits simply because, come on...they think that WRESTLING is scifi! Seriously.

But then again I still harbor the suspicion that TPTB are guilty of actor envy and were sorry that they had to focus their stories on Jamie instead of Sarah, and that'd be a pretty insurmountable obstacle.
                              Oy with the pink poodles! I got so sick of "Katee, this and Katee that". I think she's a good actress in what I've seen her in, but geez frellin' louise...a lot of fans either didn't know diddly about Michelle Ryan or what they did know they thought she was crap at acting in BW.

I think, as you said, had the writers/producers/creators/directors sat down during the strike and actually tried to work out the problems, then some folks might have been able to see that Michelle is talented. She totally rocked in "Jekyll". I wish her and Katee much success in whatever they do...but I hope for Michelle's sake she's never in another show with Katee. The Katee is god complex will ruin it for her I fear.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X