US success as Bionic Woman debuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US success as Bionic Woman debuts

A remake of 1970s TV series The Bionic Woman, starring former UK soap actress Michelle Ryan, has made its US debut with 13.9 million viewers.

The show had a bigger audience than any other programme in its timeslot, and proved NBC's biggest midweek premiere since The West Wing began in 1999.
    Read more at BBC.co.uk

Glad to hear that it started with great ratings - hopefully that will buy it some more time to really get up and running.

Comment

It's great the premiere had such good ratings; now they have to see how many viewers will see the show again. Then we'll have a more realistic number about the success ( or failure ) of the show.

It's a shame I don't live in the States so my TV could add in the ratings, but I will watch "Bionic Woman" next week.

Comment

Wow- that's good to hear! Hopefully the viewership will hold up and give the show a chance to get going!

Comment

Here's hoping that the good ratings will help them afford better writers! Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the premiere, but the writing was lame.

Michelle's talent is not being utilized to it's fullest, imho, due to the writing and directing. I'm happy for Katee, but um, hello folks, Michelle is "The Bionic Woman" since Jamie Summers is the STAR.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

It's been one episode. A lot of people tune in for one episode. I'll use Invasion and Studio 60 as examples to that.

It's really the next few episodes that matter. It could have gotten 20 million viewers the first week and then 10 million the next. That's bad.

I think after everyone sees it they will see how bad it is, but of course this is America so that most likely won't happen.

Comment

Glad to hear it made a solid debut. Thx for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                It's been one episode. A lot of people tune in for one episode. I'll use Invasion and Studio 60 as examples to that.

It's really the next few episodes that matter. It could have gotten 20 million viewers the first week and then 10 million the next. That's bad.

I think after everyone sees it they will see how bad it is, but of course this is America so that most likely won't happen.
                You know, not everyone sees that it is as bad as you obviously think it is. It's like any new show the premiere isn't going to be the greatest thing to hit the airwaves, but it does give us a little.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Considering all the garbage out there, I'm hoping this show stays around! I really liked it. And for a pilot it was really good.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

A solid debut for sure. I hope the next few episodes get at least equally good ratings.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X