This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Up to Threads spoilers] Tok'ra in s9?

After season8, it's become apparent their war has been won against the Go'uld. But they're still suffering from a negative population growth and if the Tok'ra symbiotes are near the same age as Sel'mak, they're going to start experiencing the effects of old age.

Is it possible for some Go'uld queens to rejoin the Tok'ra cause? Not all Tok'ra were spawned from Egeria and given the state of the Go'uld now and Jaffa in rebellion against them, there must be some who are questioning their ways as posing as gods and worrying about survival.

Would anyone want to see a story arc of the Go'uld going through redemption and forming a larger Tok'ra society? They still have the ethical problem of trying to find willing hosts, but they could clone vegetative humans if they wanted to to suit their needs.

no the tokra are ignorant and have hampered earths development
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

i want to see the tokra ditched now that jacob is dead - TPAB should focus on earths colonising other worlds and the jaffa nation than keeping the tokra alive just say anubis as his last act wiped out the tokra and be done with it!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Tok'ra, but I think they've run their course. Given the differences between the way they and the SGC operate, which have widened a gap between the two over the years, Jacob was really the only link left between them.

I wouldn't like to see a storyline along the lines you suggest though, DetriusXii. I think the Goa'uld have run their course too in many ways - although I still think there's mileage in Ba'al. I'd much rather they faded into the background now, overtaken by other, new enemies, than that they were brought into the fold, so to speak. Turning them into 'good guys' just doesn't appeal to me.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

It would be nice if somehow they could genetically engineer a new queen (or maybe even a current queen) so that they could reproduce.
          Liaison of F.O.R.D.
          Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Well, what if the Tok'ra become bad guys in S9, i remember that Tok'ra woman said something about "....reform the empire...." in S2 "Tok'ra pt 1"

I believe the Tok'ra had always planned to be in power after the Goa'uld are defeated. I mean as ruler of the Goa'uld empire, they could improve the living standard of all human and Jaffa.They never believe the Jaffa could pull it off.
            Can the Tok'ra co-exist with the Jaffa nations?
            They are out number , and hated by most Jaffa.
            The Jaffa got men power and ship, the Tok'ra has technologies and experience.

Egeria was dead, so who is to say what their mother had wanted for them .
            And the Tok'ra could survive by cloneing, or find a Goa'uld queen to mate with, if the Goa'uld is finish, some of their queen may be willing to ally themself with the Tok'ra for the interest of the species.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
              Well, what if the Tok'ra become bad guys in S9, i remember that Tok'ra woman said something about "....reform the empire...." in S2 "Tok'ra pt 1"

I believe the Tok'ra had always planned to be in power after the Goa'uld are defeated. I mean as ruler of the Goa'uld empire, they could improve the living standard of all human and Jaffa.They never believe the Jaffa could pull it off.
              Can the Tok'ra co-exist with the Jaffa nations?
              They are out number , and hated by most Jaffa.
              The Jaffa got men power and ship, the Tok'ra has technologies and experience.
              I think that's the real question. What did the Tok'ra have in mind if they won? Were they just going to tell everybody they're free and fade away, or would they set themselves up as "benevolent dictators"?

Will the free Jaffa distinguish between Tok'ra and the remaining Goa'uld out there, or hunt them equally? Would they try to accept them into their new nation, or at least agree to avoid each other?

What if the two races start fighting? The Jaffa are more numerous, but I could imagine the Tok'ra swaying the humans of the galaxy to their side of a war with rhetoric and advanced tech. Where would the Earth stand in such a situation? (And so, a plot bunny is born.)

There's all kinds of potential storylines here. TPTB could do something very interesting, I think. Certainly an underlying story arc which would feed a few seasons.

a time to mourn

Comment

ive just realisted something- if the goauld can reproduce with one another when inside a host, and create a harsises. then y dont the tokra do the same with a normal goauld and a tokra to get a harsisis that will have the knowledge of all the goauld and can solve thier negative population growth.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  ive just realisted something- if the goauld can reproduce with one another when inside a host, and create a harsises. then y dont the tokra do the same with a normal goauld and a tokra to get a harsisis that will have the knowledge of all the goauld and can solve thier negative population growth.
                  Good idea now if only they were that intelligent.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    Because unlike the Tok'ra, the harcesis would have the knowledge of all the Goa'uld and be irredeemably evil. What are they going to do, keep the kid locked up and pump him for information? That would be a) cruel, b) stupid and c) incredibly dangerous; like making Hannibal Lecter your full-time tactical advisor.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I think the Tok'ra have more or less run their course. After season six, it was pretty obvious that their numbers were dwindling, and then with Jacob/Selmac being shunned by the rest of the Tok'ra, that they had a different agenda than everyone else. There may be a little more story to work with, but I don't see them occupying much screen time.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

What i reckon would be a good storyline would be to have the Tok'ra try to solve their old age/reproduction problem with Goa'uld Queens, but have the Goa'uld Queens as "sleepers", acting like they are cooperating, but really they and their young are infiltrating the Tok'ra network and planning to win back power by overtaking it... i think that's what would happen if the Tokra tried to use the Queens

Comment

i havea funny feeling that the tok'ra will be mentioned here and there and we might see 'tokra of the week' but that they are effectively gone and finished

we know that they're dying out, and we know that the tokra in general didn't cotton much to jacob/selmac and that they're not too fond of tau'ri hosts (too strong) so i doubt they'll be aroundmuch
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Tok'ra should be gone, they havnt really help us out in the sence of making ships they are more reconasence work based getting info on the gouald but seeing as there are gonna be no gouald soon not much point of them helping us
                            Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                            McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

the only thing that good about the tokra is their new internet thing; which they probley stole the idea from us. that should be kept alive ( we spying on them) but nothing else.
                              or let the jaffa rip the shreds out of the arrogent snakes.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X