Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are Satedans so superhumanly strong & agile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are Satedans so superhumanly strong & agile?

the Satedans we see despite supposable being normal humans, are capable of wining fights with (or at least holding their own against) Teyla Emmagan and Jaffa despite their genetically enhanced abilities, and completely wiping the floor with experienced earth soldiers and Goa'uld possessed humans

Training and intensive exercise from an early age? Get the impression Ronon's whole life was about gearing up to fight.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Breeding? If theirs was a warrior culture that put lots of emphasis on warfare then over the years they could have just developed to be exceptional warriors. also, I forget, but don't we only ever see the Santadans on a hand full of occasions? Obviously we see lots of Ronon but other than him I remember the episode where we meet three of his old friends. They were working for the Wriath and as such may have been ex runners? I am not saying they were, but they were able enough for the Wraith to want to keep them around. Now as their home planet was destroyed then the only ones that are left are either deserters or people like Ronon who have survived through their ability. Would it not stand to reason that the reason they seem to be so exceptional is because only the truely exceptional ones have managed to survive this long?

forgive me as I haven't watched atlantis many times through, probably two or three times each episode (obviously some have been seen more).

Comment

Ronon did not beat Teal'c it was a draw but ronon was bleeding and Teal'c was not but i get were you are coming from
        sigpic

Comment

I bet it was the hair care products.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Perhaps some form of genetic engineering?
            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Perhaps years of being on the run from wraith may have toughened him up

Comment

All the above. Through Wraith attacks a tendency to martial training from an early age, possibly some genetic trait which has bred true and then (one of) the best example(s) of the race is made into a runner, so therefore spends years honing his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                  the Satedans we see despite supposable being normal humans, are capable of wining fights with (or at least holding their own against) Teyla Emmagan and Jaffa despite their genetically enhanced abilities, and completely wiping the floor with experienced earth soldiers and Goa'uld possessed humans
                  Ronon
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    I bet it was the hair care products.
                    sigpic

Comment

Before the planet was named Sateda it was called Krypton.
                      My videos
                      My art
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe they are related to a warrior culture or are just bred that way?...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                          Before the planet was named Sateda it was called Krypton.
                          lol... well that certainly explains a few things

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Spinach?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              Spinach?
                              lol.

...They work out... Ronon runs everywhere, maybe they all do... So the episode Runner is very suited to introducing him...
                              Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 16 January 2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X