Something I've been wondering about Humans in the Pegasus Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I've been wondering about Humans in the Pegasus Galaxy

So it is explained in SG1 that the reason the they met mostly humans in the Milky Way was that the Goa'uld spread them out everywhere. But what about the Pegasus Galaxy? Obviously the Goa'uld didn't go that far, yet it was still populated by humans.

The Ancients populated the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      The Ancients populated the Pegasus Galaxy.
      They also seeded humans.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
        They also seeded humans.
        That's what I meant by populated.

Comment

Yeah, the ancients popuated it. Didn't they populate it after the Ori plague nearly wiped the Ancients out too? I think I heard that in an ep?
          sigpic
          Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
          'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
          : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
            Yeah, the ancients popuated it. Didn't they populate it after the Ori plague nearly wiped the Ancients out too? I think I heard that in an ep?
            The Ori had nothing to do with the plague, the Ori didn't know about the milky way and Pegasus until Daniel and Vala went there.

Comment

And weren't the gates spread about the MW by the ancients and the other races long before the Goa'uld Ra came to earth and scooped up humans?
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                The Ori had nothing to do with the plague, the Ori didn't know about the milky way and Pegasus until Daniel and Vala went there.
                That's not known for sure. Daniel said the Ori disease (that infected the humans who still worshipped Qetesh) was similar to the disease that killed the Ancients. True it's not the same as "this is the virus that killed the Ancients" it is enough to link the plague that wiped out the Ancients to the Ori and their attack on that planet and Earth.

As for not knowing about the Milky Way. It was said the Ancients hid the existence of humans, not the existence of the galaxy. What's interesting is how easily they were able to dial it (perhaps stolen from Daniels mind, or they had been there in the past). If they were responsible for the plague then they knew about the Milky Way, but perhaps they were just over confident that it worked successfully. If it was bad enough for the Ancients to repopulate the galaxy with life, then I wouldn't blame the Ori for thinking it worked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                  And weren't the gates spread about the MW by the ancients and the other races long before the Goa'uld Ra came to earth and scooped up humans?
                  It's unknown just how many were placed around the galaxy by the Goa'uld, so it's best to just credit the Ancients for all of it. The Goa'uld seemed to only be interested in placing gates in new areas if it benefited them such as strategic importance or having some sort of value.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X