Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld clothes and food

Hey guys,

So I have always hypothetically speaking, where did the goa'ld get their clothes? Like look at ba'al, he had amazing clothes, and who would make it, and where?

Also, in the goa'uld motherships you never saw food there. And it seems like the goa'uld spent a lot of time in there, but you never saw a dining haul or anything. Where would they keep the food?

Thanks!!

Well....

...The Goa'uld had a lot of slaves, I imagine that the ones who made fancy clothes for the System Lords were quite well taken care of.

As for Food, in "Company of Thieves" we saw a dining hall on a mothership. As I said, they had slaves and the ones who made awesome food would be well taken care of.

Comment

Okay.. Thanks! That does help kind of explain it. I would LOVE to see a floor plan of a mother ship. Do you know if anyone has attempted to make one?

Comment

I often wondered if they ate too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
          I often wondered if they ate too.
          well the host at least would need to eat. so i imagine that they had slaves that cooked and provided clothes. as for baal in later episodes maybe he shopped when he was on earth.
          sigpic

Comment

Of course they had equivalents to a mess hall onboard motherships. The Jaffa armies would need to be fed and judging by Teal'c those guys eat a lot.
            As to the Goa'uld, they definately needed to eat as well, case in point Nerus.

I often wonder that since the Goa'uld symbiote can speed up and enhance the hosts body processes such as healing and strength, would they also speed up the host bodies metabolism and enhance the digestive system? Because Nerus ate much more then I think a normal human could in a single sitting.
            Last edited by D Toccs; 23 April 2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
              as for baal in later episodes maybe he shopped when he was on earth.

wow its baal in the shopping mall. i wonder where he parked his cloaked tel'tak.

i dont think so

i think they need to eat less then a regular human because the gould could optimize the digestive system
              Last edited by ZPM Odyssey; 26 April 2011, 10:47 AM.
              ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

Originally posted by ZPM Odyssey View Post
                i think they need to eat less then a regular human because the gould could optimize the digestive system
                Or maybe they need to eat more so there's more energy for the symbiote to heal or whatever...

Comment

I'm guessing that the metabolisms of individual Goa'uld and their hosts would vary just as the metabolisms of humans and most other species vary from individual to individual.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    Well....

...The Goa'uld had a lot of slaves, I imagine that the ones who made fancy clothes for the System Lords were quite well taken care of.
                    It wouldn't surprise me if there were lower ranking Goa'uld that designed clothing as well as armor and such things.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, considering how many larvae there must have been at any given time (after all, each Jaffa carried one, and there were vast quantities of Jaffa), and that larvae do mature into adults, you know there had to be a LOT more adult Goa'uld than just the System Lords and their immediate underlings that we actually saw. So this indicates that there was quite likely an entire Goa'uld society just like any other society, in which individuals designed and manufactured things, studied things (hello, Goa'uld science), produced food and weapons and all the myriad material goods required to maintain an advanced technological culture. Sure, you could have most of those functions carried out by Jaffa, but the Jaffa had more specialized duties, IMO.

The reason we only ever saw the high-and-mighty players at the top of the pyramid, so to speak, was because they were the ones whose actions really advanced the storyline we were being shown. Your basic "Joe Sixpack" Goa'uld may have been more or less invisible to the show, but he pretty much would have had to have existed, and in rather large numbers.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Well, the obvious explaination to questions like "Where did they get everything?" are "Someone made it." For clothes, that can be simple: If they are only wearing things like silk and cotton the fairly primitive planets we see all the time can easily produce that. But for technology you need some serious infrastructure somewhere. There's gotta be some pretty impressive cities somewhere since even if you have something like that molecular construction that Merlin had, you still have to go get all the elements (mines), transport them, and have a place where it all goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                          The reason we only ever saw the high-and-mighty players at the top of the pyramid, so to speak, was because they were the ones whose actions really advanced the storyline we were being shown. Your basic "Joe Sixpack" Goa'uld may have been more or less invisible to the show, but he pretty much would have had to have existed, and in rather large numbers.
                          i agree and the goa'uld we saw were the ones with the most power. the lesser goa'ulds didn't have planets of there own, or if they did they only had a few, not major armies like the system lords did. they also probably served under other goa'ulds and had less miltary power but had other resources such as science and technology.
                          sigpic

Comment

Clothes - I would assume that the slaves took their clothes making knowledge with them when they were uplifted from their homes, After that they would have to evolve what they know to suit where they were and what was available to make dyes and fabrics.

Food - Teal'c eats food and in one of the eps Yu drank tea (if I remember correctly...) and the system lords ate symbiotes. I'm guessing you could call where Daniel was making the tea to kind of be a 'kitchen'... Also in COTG Sg1 were taken to a 'party' that served food, even if we never saw Apophis and Amonet eat it, you could guess that it was for the 'gods' benefit...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Working...
                            X