Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are jaffa born with a pouch?

My question is- - -

Are Jaffa children born with the criss-crossed slit/pouch in their stomach? or is that performed along with the prim'ta?

Because teal'c and others say that the Jaffa have a dependancy on the goa'uld for symbiotes, does that mean all jaffa need them in the first place or once they acquire them?

Also, if a Jaffa has his symbiote taken out, couldn't he theoretically repair the belly and immune system in a one-off time in a sarcophagus, or would he need preelonged exposure to the sarcophagus for it to take affect?

I suppose that's more than one question but yeah!!
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

No they are not born with it, the incision is made when they get their first symbiote

Comment

Jaffa become dependent upon the goa'uld symbiotes once they are implanted. They aren't born with the pouch...it is given to them during their implantation ceremony.
      sigpic

Comment

First part already answered. As for undoing a prim'ta ceremony, I'm not sure. Daniel was restored when he got into a sarcophagus after being turned into a jaffa by Hathor, but that was only after a few minutes.
        sigpic
        Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Jaffa become dependent upon the goa'uld symbiotes once they are implanted. They aren't born with the pouch...it is given to them during their implantation ceremony.
          actually once the Jaffa rqach puberty their immune system shuts down and they need the symbiote

Originally posted by Raven Gold View Post
          First part already answered. As for undoing a prim'ta ceremony, I'm not sure. Daniel was restored when he got into a sarcophagus after being turned into a jaffa by Hathor, but that was only after a few minutes.
          That was O'Neill and he had only been turned into a Jaffa several minutes beforehand

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Gold View Post
            That didn't happen. Hathor never turned Daniel into a jaffa. The only times we saw Daniel in a sarcophagus was in "Serpent's Lair", and in "Need", and in neither case had he been turned into a jaffa. Hathor implanted Jack with a goa'uld symbiote in "Into the Fire", but was not put into a sarcophagus; it got frozen out of him when he was lowered into the cryogenic chamber.

And in "Hathor", that was Jack that got turned into a Jaffa by Hathor, when she created a pouch in his abdomen. Sam, Janet and Teal'c took Jack and put him in the sarcophagus, which healed (or removed) the pouch.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Indeed! At least from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Indeed! At least from what I remember.
                Same here...
                sigpic

Comment

they get one once they are implanted. as seen by the sudan they don't need to have them.

as for another question the op brings up, i've always wondered if teal'c or bra'tek still have their pouches even though they are on titolan?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    they get one once they are implanted. as seen by the sudan they don't need to have them.

as for another question the op brings up, i've always wondered if teal'c or bra'tek still have their pouches even though they are on titolan?
                    Tritonin...I think is what you mean.
                    sigpic

Comment

So now that they're free they can just simply stop with the pouches? If so, why were the Sodan going on raids for symbiotes?

Comment

Jaffa on Tretonin still have their pouches, but they close up and fill with natural fluids, basically their organs go back to normal since the Symbiont isn't there pushing everything out the way. I'm not sure episode explained that Teal'c pouch started to close itself so I feel a DVD raid coming my way.

As for the Sodan, Tretonin isn't just given over to anyone because a lack of supply would kill them. The SGC and the Sodan weren't the best of friends, so they weren't on it as far as I remember.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post

I'm pretty sure the Sodan needed the symbiotes too. They had pouches until at least after "Arthur's Mantle". That's when many of the Sodan were killed where the assassin deliberately targeted the pouches with staff blasts in order to kill the symbiotes, which pretty much guaranteed that the host would die too. The sole surviving Sodan warrior was given Tretonin to help him survive.

Comment

I guess what I was trying to say was why would the Sodan make their kids have a symbiote pouch?

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                              I guess what I was trying to say was why would the Sodan make their kids have a symbiote pouch?
                              I guess I don't remember this. Maybe I need to rewatch those episodes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X