This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can recommend 3 episodes

to someone who never seen the show before which's ones would you pick and why

Originally posted by Mulder1975 View Post
    Understanding SG1 - Torment of Tantalus because the episode encapsulates what SG1 is about so perfectly, plus has awesome perfornances by the guest actors

Just for the fun - Windows of Opportunity - Spiffy episode, a good combination of humor, science, action, pathos and more

Wow factor (as in it leaves your mind "going what happened?") - Forever in a Day - marvelous story
    Blog Twitter

Comment

Comedy: Window of Opportunity
      Emotion: Meridian
      Action/Generally what SG1 is about: Thor's Chariot.

sigpic

Comment

tough to pick so im just gonna go with my fav 3

solitudes
        windows of opportunity
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

1st 5 seasons: Window of Opportunity- awesome classic sg-1

seasons 6-8: Fragile Balance- I would reccomend this because you don't need a deep understanding of the show and most of the people I show it too aren't regular viewers.

Seasons 9-10: Unending- I thought the way this episode flowed was really good also the last scene was a great end to the show's run.

Comment

"The Fifth Race" (for mythology)
            "1969" (for comedy)
            "2010" (for spectacle)
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

"The Children of the Gods" for introducing characters and everything
              "The Tok'ra I&II" - same reason
              "1969" for some humor

Comment

You should start with episodes from the first couple of seasons. And its always good to start from the beginning and watch them in order.

Comment

Torment of Tantalus, Grace and Unending.
                  But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

The Season 7 finale Lost City part 1 and 2 (but mainly part 2) I thought was amazing! torment of Tantalus is also great and Window of Opportunity. O actually I would also recommend the Shroud (Season 10 ep14) - Michael Shanks is brilliant in this one!
                    Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mulder1975 View Post

They should just start with the beginning and go from there.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

COTG - because it sets up the premise.
                        Serpent's lair/grasp (and I am counting them as one ep which starts with There But For The Grace Of God because they were a To be continued scenario ) - Just because it's one of my favourite eps.
                        1969 or Window Of opportunity - Because they have nice main character interactions.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

If I could recommend 3 episodes. the first 2 would have to be "Lost City parts 1 and 2". I grew up watching SG1 from the start. But here in Australia the timeslot it aired in changed at season 6, which meant that I only very occasionally saw season 6 and 7 when they first aired. I happened to stumble onto the channel the night they aired the 2 parter of Lost City and after 2 years of not really caring about Stargate, it got me hooked all over again and I've been hooked ever since.

The 3rd episode I would recommend would be season 3 episode 19 "New Ground". It is just great social commentary on religious beliefs and the wars that come as a result.

Comment

if i could pick three episodes, i would pick:

1. children of the gods (assuming the 2 parter counts as one), induces the characters.
                            2. there but the grace of god- a good stand alone episode that has mythology in it.
                            3. the fifth race- background of the mythology

though as said the person should just watch the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bonjour,

That is a difficult question ^^ I like all of stargate's episode but If I had to chose one of them I will choose : The lost city !

Comment

Working...
                              X