SF Signal Podcast Interview with Joseph Mallozzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF Signal Podcast Interview with Joseph Mallozzi

The SF Signal Podcast (Episode 013): Interview with Joseph Mallozzi + The Best Genre Shows on the Air and Why You Should Be Watching Them:

In the thirteenth episode of the SF Signal Podcast, Patrick Hester is joined by Fred Kiesche, John DeNardo, Lisa Paitz Spindler, Jeff Patterson, Jay Garmon & Matthew Sanborn Smith to discuss:

Q: What are the best genre TV shows on the air right now and why should we be watching them?

Caprica, Stargate: Universe, Fringe, Clone Wars...what we're watching and why should you should be watching them too.

Later, Patrick Hester , JP Frantz, John Anealio & John DeNardo sit down to chat with Joseph Mallozzi, Executive Producer of Stargate: Universe.

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/201...ws-on-the-air/
    sigpic

Great interview.

Comment

Listening just now
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Thumbs up! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Great interview.
          Agreed.
          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Very cool interview! Thanks!

Spoiler:
            Sooooo glad that Young's descent is one of the major arcs!

Also, spoiler hint that the stones are going away at the end of Season 2?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Very cool interview! Thanks!

Spoiler:
              Sooooo glad that Young's descent is one of the major arcs!

Also, spoiler hint that the stones are going away at the end of Season 2?
              I listen to the interview but did not get the hint you mention. Can you clarify? would be interested
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                I listen to the interview but did not get the hint you mention. Can you clarify? would be interested
                JM said he didn't like the stones with the implication that he'd try his best to get rid of them. I wouldn't put too much weight on this though, nothing of season 3 has been written so far and there's a high likelihood that the other writers/producers will overrule him. He also mentioned Asgard transporters as another bit he didn't like because it offered a too easy escape. Nothing came out of it, no retcon thankfully .

Personally I like both of these technologies/plot devices and complaining about them seems to be due to lazy writing. Yes, working with them and succeeding in creating something good might be harder - but this is how greatness is achieved, not by shying/lazying away.
                Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Everyone should check out JM´s interview, he touched on some issues a few people have complaining about like the stones or the music montages.
                  It´s great to hear a producer, writer talking so openly. Great Podcast, the interview is around 30 minutes in.
                  sigpic

Comment

heh they smashed Caprica, Sanctuary and didn't seem impressed at all with SGU. I suspect they would have smashed SGU if they weren't interviewing JM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      You only see what you want to see
                      "I haven't been a huge fan to date"

"Everything has been so so negative"

"It seems like they start down a plot line and immediately solve it within in an episode and never let it linger and really have emotional heft to it you know? a team gets left behind on a planet and have to find some way back to the ship and at the end of the next episode they just sort of "yeah okay they're back" no problem or this guys kidnapped and oh wait aliens brought him back no problem - that has frustrated me about SGU."

They also questioned some of the story in regards to Chloe suggesting they didn't think it made sense.

But I guess they didnt say any of that since I'm just seeing what I want to see
                      Last edited by Sami_; 05 November 2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                        heh they smashed Caprica, Sanctuary and didn't seem impressed at all with SGU. I suspect they would have smashed SGU if they weren't interviewing JM.
                        They didn't bash SGU at all, may be once but that's it. They praised it and loved SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          I think JM say something like:
                          Spoiler:
                          He is not so fond of the stones either but we should watch out what happens with them in the back half of SGU, but that do not means the stones are gone, but of course that could be a possibility?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                            They didn't bash SGU at all, may be once but that's it. They praised it and loved SGU.
                            ^Agree. I don´t hear any SGU bashing on the Podcast. They just pointed a few citric points out that some fans have and ask Malozzie what he thinks about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                              ^Agree. I don´t hear any SGU bashing on the Podcast. They just pointed a few citric points out that some fans have and ask Malozzie what he thinks about it.
                              Originally posted by globex View Post
                              You guys do realise that what I quoted above is actually from the podcast right? and I didn't say they bashed SGU, I said they bashed Caprica, Sanctuary and they didn't seem impressed with SGU aside from perhaps the host.

Comment

Working...
                              X