Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPOILERS for Incursion those door opening devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILERS for Incursion those door opening devices?

So. In Incursion part 1, we see
    Spoiler:
    that the Lucian alliance members, have these devices that not only look ancienty, but attach very nicely to the doors on the destiny and open them up when the system is in lockdown.
    So, what i am wondering is did the LA make them, or did they find them?

A) Telford provided it for them from the SGC
    B) The LA made them
    C) Left over ancient Tech

A & C could be the same answer, The SGC found the ancient tech and Telford stole it from the SGC and gave them to the LA
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

^^ It must be either B or C. Telford looked very surprised when he saw those. I don't think he knew anything about the door openers.
      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
        ^^ It must be either B or C. Telford looked very surprised when he saw those. I don't think he knew anything about the door openers.
        there's probably a lot Telford didn't know
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

To me they just seem to be some sort of magnetic turning thing... not really a very advanced piece of technology...
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

They don't look ancienty to me. The LA probably just plucked the door design from Telford's mind and made the devices themselves.

Comment

Those lock picks were lame to the 9000th power. There really is just no way to reasonably explain their existence. You could not build one from a verbal description of the lock; they just fit and worked too perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                Those lock picks were lame to the 9000th power. There really is just no way to reasonably explain their existence. You could not build one from a verbal description of the lock; they just fit and worked too perfectly.
                The crew have more then likely had to take some of them apart at sometime due to a door being damaged. The door mechanism was probably described in some misson report or something that was given back on earth via the comm stones. Telford gave it to the LA.

If it wasn't then Telford could have just described a circular door mechanism made out of metal with a radius of 2 inches or so, my first thought would be a magnetic thingy that would turn it... simple enough concept

Comment

While i can see the 'door being taken appart' i cannot see the exacting specifics that would have been needed to make one being in a mission report. And who;s to say that mission reports are even made fully to the SGC?..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    The crew have more then likely had to take some of them apart at sometime due to a door being damaged. The door mechanism was probably described in some misson report or something that was given back on earth via the comm stones. Telford gave it to the LA.

If it wasn't then Telford could have just described a circular door mechanism made out of metal with a radius of 2 inches or so, my first thought would be a magnetic thingy that would turn it... simple enough concept
                    I will describe the engine of my motorcycle to you verbally. If you cannot perfectly replicate it (remember, the stones cannot fax pictures or anything like that), then that kind of pokes a little hole in your theory.

Telford would have to have eidetic memory for that to have even a chance of working, and as you yourself are so fond of saying, that has not been shown in the series. And he is not even a full time member of the crew, why would he be doing door maintenance?

Comment

The only really reasonable explanation here, is that the LA has found some source of detailed knowledge on Destiny that earth does not have access too. I am beginning to wonder why the Ancients went to all the trouble of building the Atlantis city ship, and putting their big database there, but then forgot to put anything of practical use into it.

This is probably going to turn into story about Noah, or some such nonsense.

Comment

Agreed I get the feeling LA have more information on the Destiny than we do...
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

The only really reasonable explanation here, is that the LA has found some source of detailed knowledge on Destiny that earth does not have access too.
                          Wow, you just came up with an in-universe solution to one of your own complaints! I'm gonna green you for that. Keep it up man!

Comment

I will describe the engine of my motorcycle to you verbally. If you cannot perfectly replicate it (remember, the stones cannot fax pictures or anything like that), then that kind of pokes a little hole in your theory.

Telford would have to have eidetic memory for that to have even a chance of working, and as you yourself are so fond of saying, that has not been shown in the series. And he is not even a full time member of the crew, why would he be doing door maintenance?
                            Well its not a motor cycle, its a door, it opens and closes... the central circle thing turns when it opens and its made of metal.. granted theres something in place to prevent that circular mechanism opening normally, but a magnet connected to an electronic thing that turns the circular part of the door with enough strength would force the door open. Like dialling the gate manually like they did in SG1 on occasion, I think they did it in 1969

Someone else posted that the LA are professional criminals so its likely they have developed technology for opening doors and the fact its circular and fits on the door is merely a coincidence.

And I didn't mean that Telford would be doing door maintanance, I meant that someone else would and filed a report back at the pentagon via the stones about it, which telford then gave to the LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                              To me they just seem to be some sort of magnetic turning thing... not really a very advanced piece of technology...
                              Indeed.
                              sigpic
                              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                              X