Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long would it take a wormhole drive to reach Destiny's location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long would it take a wormhole drive to reach Destiny's location?

How long would it take a spacecraft with a wormhole drive the reach the Destiny's current location and how much power output would be required?

Wormhole drive is as fast as gate travel so it would take a few seconds, "near instantaneous", as the show said.

Power: we know that one ZPM can't even dial a normal gate all the way to Destiny, so it would take a ludicrous amount of ZPMs in tandem to use the wormhole drive for such a distance.

You're better off sending a supergate in pieces thorough a normal gate powered by a naquadria planet, assembling it on Destiny's side and using a black hole to power it.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

And where are we going to get another super gate from.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
        The left overs of the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
          Study the one in MW and Ori Galaxy. And there still have to be builders of the Supergate on the other side as well, we could contact them and see what they did.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

There are two supergates in MW - one operational (they sent the weapon that killed the Ori during SG1 season 10 and took Odyssey through it to find the Ark of Truth in the SG1 movie) - and one in pieces, adrift, after Vala used a cargo ship to disrupt the field connecting the segments. This one can be put back together and/or sent through a normal gate to Destiny.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Bye Bye SGU.

Comment

Oh if wormhole drive is the answer to the ships problems, Ill not be happy, Im kinda hoping that Destiny has a real mission aside from collecting data, and that when the crew discover it they're not going to be in a Rush to go home anymore
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

my smart ass anwser: NOT POSSIBLE! Because I still say wormhole hyperdrive was a dues ex machnia the TPTB came up with to when they found out that they weren't going to get another episode to finish the story with.
                  "I don't believe in wormhole hyperdrive!" he screams to the night as the men in white coats drag him off to a rubber room.

Comment

I am going to guess that in 5 million years, Destiny has visited 100,000 galaxies. If you do one jump per galaxy, that is 100,000 jumps. I assume Atlantis would have access to the same navigation information as Destiny. Lots of ZPMs for that kind of jump activity, and you have to figure 1 day per jump. So I say, under 274 years.

Comment

how long is a piece of string.

Comment

Its a wormhole so it would take seconds......
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          how long is a piece of string.
                          15.986473145 centimeters

Comment

They should get the Ori to build and send out super gate seeding ships. I imagine they still have diplomatic ties after peace was declared?

Comment

JM said that their original intention was to introduce the wormhole drive in S5 and then use it in the movie. The cancellation forced them to use it in the same episode it was introduced, therefore making it in to a DEM.

Originally posted by strods View Post
                              my smart ass anwser: NOT POSSIBLE! Because I still say wormhole hyperdrive was a dues ex machnia the TPTB came up with to when they found out that they weren't going to get another episode to finish the story with.
                              "I don't believe in wormhole hyperdrive!" he screams to the night as the men in white coats drag him off to a rubber room.

Comment

Working...
                              X