Destiny's Main Weapon SPOILERS through Space onward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's Main Weapon SPOILERS through Space onward

Anyone notice that the weapon had a battlestar galactica look to it? -To me it felt it was a battlestar galactica like weapon-

Still pretty cool.

Hope to see more of Destinys Weapons in action again.

it wasn't that BSGi sh if anything it was a bit like the lantian defence satellite

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

It did kinda look that way with the smaller turrets, but i did not get any BSG vibe when i saw the main gun.

Comment

I'll need another look at it, but it did strike me as taking up an unusually large portion of the ship's interior. From a long term plot arc, this seems to paint us into a corner as far as exploring the interior of the ship if the interior of the ship largely houses the main weapon. Likewise, I would have expected that for Destiny to have lasted as long as it has, that the main gun would have at least disabled the enemy vessel with one shot, or that the shields would have been resistant to an attacker cutting through the hull.

Comment

But It's a cool looking weapon.

I wonder what other weapons Destiny has.

Comment

If Rush was aboard the Destiny for the battle Id say Destiny would have kicked some serious blue clicking ass
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post
              But It's a cool looking weapon.

I wonder what other weapons Destiny has.
              *prays for something like Space Battleship Yamato's 'Wave Motion Gun'*
              sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing destiny having a Synchro Cannon like from Robotech Shadow Chronicles.

Comment

I guess oniell finally gets his big honkin' space gun

on a serious note im assuming the reason that the gun wasn't so strong was due to there not being that much energy left on the ship. right off the bat Destiny only had 33% of its energy along with Eli stating that the energy was dangerously low due to the secondary turrets using most of it prior to the use of the main weapon
                  sigpic

Comment

The gun seams fairly weak and unpractical. It shoots very slowly and only in the direction the ship is...very disappointing.
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                      I guess oniell finally gets his big honkin' space gun

on a serious note im assuming the reason that the gun wasn't so strong was due to there not being that much energy left on the ship. right off the bat Destiny only had 33% of its energy along with Eli stating that the energy was dangerously low due to the secondary turrets using most of it prior to the use of the main weapon
                      Rush also tweaked the ship's weapons to fire les energy at once
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

actually only 30% of the weapons came online.

anyway, with the energies we're dealing with, i doubt it's safe to shoot all those guns at maximum power.

also, what if the aliens have pretty tech aswel? they clearly do already, it's not like ancients have a technology crappyfier weapon installed.

and as Eli said, the ship wasn't ready for combat, they were still testing all the weapons.

Comment

the main weapon might be capable of turning around, the slowness of the weapon might mean it builds up a huge charge before discharging. also the ship is old so it may take longer for it to charge.

Comment

BSG didn't invent weapon turrets. But yeah, it looks pretty cool.
                            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Is it just me or does anything that looks remotely not like the standard Stargate fare immediately get labeled as coming from BSG, even when fans of BSG can tell in an instant that it's not?
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X