Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
    Night Ciannwn. You've done a fantasitc job so far
    Thanks.
    sigpic

Comment

Night now everyone.

Love the picture of Aurora and Kit PA
      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
        Night now everyone.

Love the picture of Aurora and Kit PA
        Thank you, glad you like
        Night and sweet dreams *hugs*
        I'll be coming off the hive in a mo and sticking around on VMs for a bit.

Comment

I'm sorry for the sudden lack of activity on my end. I had a severe reaction from a medicine that was prescribed for me. Thus i almost ended up in the ER last night.

The original cause of the problem was the sleeplessness caused by the medicine. This afternoon was the first time i slept since tuesday. So I was pretty dire condition last night. Thankfully the doctor can see me this monday, and can evaluate my meds. In the end, things are ok, as am I. I've been unable to function coherently yesterday, so i couldn't post.

With recovering, i'm going to try and get things up and running again for the celebration. I'm reveiwing the OOC thread posts made since wednesday to see if anything is amiss or needs attention.

-TW

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
            I'm sorry for the sudden lack of activity on my end. I had a severe reaction from a medicine that was prescribed for me. Thus i almost ended up in the ER last night.
            Sorry to hear that.

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
            With recovering, i'm going to try and get things up and running again for the celebration. I'm reveiwing the OOC thread posts made since wednesday to see if anything is amiss or needs attention.
            We can keep the game paused as long as you need. If you don't feel up to it tomorrow just let us know and we can sort something out.

Fandom Addict hasn't been on since the 5th. She's got an email contact option on her profile - she told me to use it to let her know when the game was going to start because she always checks her email even if she can't get on GateWorld. What I'll do today is email her and let her know how we'll get round Spike and Afa not turning up.if she can't make it when the Hive 95 event continues.

I'll also send you a PM about how to describe Hive 95 since it's got it's own role playing thread. There's no rush for the information but it will save the question from getting buried under several pages of OOC posts.

PS: Have now emailed Fandom Addict.
            Last edited by ciannwn; 08 May 2009, 11:16 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Discussion Point - I've had a go at redoing the rules to make them simpler. Please give me your opinions. The section about Borrowing still has considerable detail but Worshipping and where to post what have been pruned down -
              ---------------------------
              The rules are dealt with under the headings of Borrowing, Worshipping and Posting In Appropriate Threads. The Borrowing section is the lengthiest because it has to cover what people should do if they want to Borrow a character and what the owners of the characters should do if they receive such requests.

Borrowing

1: Do not Borrow other players' characters without permission. Borrowing covers the following -
              • Role playing them in the game by making them do something, say something or accompany your own characters anywhere.
              • Including them in a game related mini fic.

Other peoples' characters covers the following -
              • Players' game alter egos
              • Adopted characters
              • Original characters

The Character Owners Guide lists (a) who owns which character (b) whether the owner is willing to let another player Borrow a character with permission and (c) any players who have been given permanent permission to Borrow a character. for role playing, mini fics or both.

2: How to Borrow or lend a character.
              a: If you want to Borrow a character for role playing, a mini fic, or both contact the owner by way of visitor message or private message.
              b: If you agree to lend a character post an announcement in OOC chat. Give the name of the player who is Borrowing the character and state whether the loan is for the purpose of a mini fic, role playing or both. If you aren't happy with the result of the other player's Borrowing, sort it out between yourselves by private message. If you decide that you not longer wish this player to use your character post an announcement in this thread stating the names of the player and character concerned.
              c: If you give another player permanent permission to Borrow a character post an announcement in OOC chat. State.whether the permanent permission is for role paying only, mini fics only or both role playing and mini fics. The Character Owner Guide can then be updated accordingly.
              d: If you've been given permission to Borrow other peoples' characters please keep them in character whether you're role playing them or including them in a mini fic. This doesn't mean you can never introduce them to anything new or put them into unfamiliar situations but ask yourself how these particular characters would react according to their personalities before doing so. The Game Characters Guide gives basic details for each developed character in the game world such as personality traits, occupations, hobbies, relationships and any important facts concerning their pasts etc. We hope this will be a useful resource for players who have permission to Borrow someone else's character.

3: Essential Characters. These are characters who perform an important function in the game world. They have owners but are role played by ciannwn, Draygon and Draco-Stellaris so they can be available for other characters to interact with if the owner isn't participating the game. These essential characters are special cases in some respects and here are two examples -
              Zaddik is a herbalist who makes remedies such as hangover cures and natural beauty products such as shampoos and hair conditioners. He lives and works in the Hippie Commune so anyone can announce they're going to visit him to get whatever is needed. A player can also say he advised their game alter ego to try something new. This won't be counted as Borrowing because acting as a consultant is part of Zaddik's role in the community.

Gabriel runs the Atlantis Personnel Takeaway. Saying that one of your characters has placed an order or is going to feed on a completed order won't be counted as Borrowing because producing clones for Wraith food is his role in the community.

Worshipping

Do not role play your characters Worshipping other peoples' characters without permission. Worshipping, in the context of the Character Owners Guide, covers the following -
              • Hugging.
              • Kissing
              • Anything beyond that.

For further explanation of the term see - What does the word 'Worshipping' mean in the Character Owners Guide?' in Introduction Part One.

If players find that their characters have developed relationships over the course of the game, the Character Owners Guide can be updated where these characters are concerned. Other players will then have essential information such as Miss X is happy to be hugged and kissed by her boyfriend but doesn't want every male in the game world hugging and kissing her whenever they feel like it.

Posting in appropriate threads.

1: The role playing threads are for role playing content only with one exception.

If something in a role playing post requires an explanation, an explanation can be presented in the following format at the end of the post as long as it is short and precise. An explanation which requires more than this should be posted in OOC chat. Here is an example.

(OOC: in reality, the event will post on tuesday, but the exact time won't likely be 7pm EST, US. But sometime in the late afternoon or evening).

2: If you know you're going to be absent from the role playing for a long period of time. Post an announcement in OOC chat eg- I have to go for a couple of hours now or it's late so I'm off to bed.

3: Game related issues which require players being out of character These posts go into OOC chat. Game related issues include (1) questions about anything to do with the game (2) discussions about whether or not to add a new role playing thread etc. (3) new/updated character guides and new/updated information about borrowing and sharing.

4: Game related mini fics, artwork and signatures These posts go into OOC chat along with any comments other players wish to make about them.

5: Fanfic, signatures and artwork not related to the game These posts should to into whichever GateWorld forum threads are the most appropriate.

6: General thunking over SGA characters, everyday chat and discussions about characters and stories in Stargate Atlantis These posts should go into whichever GateWorld forum threads are the most appropriate. The Wraith Defenders Club in the Stargate Atlantis forum is a popular thread for discussing Wraith as they were presented in the show.

7: Game Guides Thread. Nothing must be posted in the Game Guides thread by anyone other than the game organisers (ciannwn, Draygon, Starry Waters, Todd's Pet and Draco-Stellaris.
              Last edited by ciannwn; 09 May 2009, 05:24 AM. Reason: changed gabriel entry to read his role in the community
              sigpic

Comment

That does look a lot clearer now You've been doing a good job on all of these Ciannwn
                If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                sigpic

Comment

Discussion Point Had to start a new post because I'm in danger of hitting the dreaded character limit.

This discussion concerns Joining And Inactivity.

It starts with instructions for people who were playing in the thunk threads. I think everyone from there who is interested in joining has done so although I'm not entirely sure about WraithHumour who adopted Sally. I checked his profile and he hasn't been online since April 25th.

Do you think I should delete the information for people in the thunk threads now and send WraithHumour a PM about needing Sally in the game world but we won't put her up for adoptiion yet?
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning everybody...

Did I miss anything last night? I spotted technowraith has been unwell, and all the amendments, btw (good job ciannwn) so am up to date with regard to that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                      Did I miss anything last night? I spotted technowraith has been unwell, and all the amendments, btw (good job ciannwn) so am up to date with regard to that.
                      That's about it because we're getting used to putting all the important game updates etc in OOC chat.

The new Introduction Part One and Part Two have now replaced what we had originally.

Originally posted by Draygon
                      That does look a lot clearer now
                      Does that mean you think the revised rules should replace what we've already got? I still need at least one other person to say go ahead before I actually do it, though.

I'll rewrite the Joining instructions without the information for players who used to be in the thunk threads. This will save time while I'm waiting for people give me their opinions on what we should do about WraithHumour.

My own opinion on this is that the stuff for players who used to be in the thunk threads is going to be confusing for new players who were never in them - they need to know what they should do without having to hunt down the page for it. As WraithHumour is just one person it won't take me long to copy and past the original instructions into a PM and send it to him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post

Does that mean you think the revised rules should replace what we've already got? I still need at least one other person to say go ahead before I actually do it, though.

I'll rewrite the Joining instructions without the information for players who used to be in the thunk threads. This will save time while I'm waiting for people give me their opinions on what we should do about WraithHumour.

My own opinion on this is that the stuff for players who used to be in the thunk threads is going to be confusing for new players who were never in them - they need to know what they should do without having to hunt down the page for it. As WraithHumour is just one person it won't take me long to copy and past the original instructions into a PM and send it to him.
                        The revised rules are ok, but I still think there's a lot of paragraph to plough through. Could you bullet point the salient bits so people can skip to that, keeping it really short for those of us with goldfish attention span? It's starting to look like a piece of legislation and a Green Paper.

I think sending WraithHumour a PM is a very good idea.
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree with the new rules and I think sending WraithHumor a PM is also a good idea.

Comment

The revised rules are ok, but I still think there's a lot of paragraph to plough through. Could you bullet point the salient bits so people can skip to that?
                            I'm not sure what you mean about people skipping to the salient points.

I've just experimented with using the List formatting option. The first is an ordered list. The second is an unordered list.

Borrowing

Do not Borrow other players' characters without permission. Borrowing covers the following -
                            1. Role playing them in the game by making them do something, say something or accompany your own characters anywhere.
                            2. Including them in a game related mini fic.

Other people's characters covers the following -
                            • Adopted characters
                            • Original characters

I think sending WraithHumour a PM is a very good idea.
                            OK. That's one vote for it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              I'm not sure what you mean about people skipping to the salient points.

I've just experimented with using the List formatting option. The first is an ordered list. The second is an unordered list.
                              Spoiler:
                              Borrowing

Do not Borrow other players' characters without permission. Borrowing covers the following -
                              1. Role playing them in the game by making them do something, say something or accompany your own characters anywhere.
                              2. Including them in a game related mini fic.

Other people's characters covers the following -
                              • Adopted characters
                              • Original characters

Maybe Isolde meant it to be FAQ style like the new intro? That would be my guess.

Of the two lists I prefer the second one with the dots instead of numbers.

OK. That's one vote for it.
                              Two.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                                Maybe Isolde meant it to be FAQ style like the new intro? That would be my guess.
                                I can't think of a way to do it in FAQ style.

Of the two lists I prefer the second one with the dots instead of numbers.
                                I'm having a go at reformatting everything using the Unordered List style

Two.
                                I'll just try making it look a bit less first before putting it up.

What do you think about deleting instructions for thunk thread players from the Joining instructions and sending a PM to WraithHumour?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X