Best Deep Space Nine season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Deep Space Nine season

Which season of Deep Space Nine do you think was the best? And why?

A single vote poll should be added in a bit, mods willing.
    Season one
    3.13%
    Season two
    0.00%
    Season three
    0.00%
    Season four
    9.38%
    Season five
    3.13%
    Season six
    62.50%
    Season seven
    21.88%
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Season 6. The opening 6 episode Dominion War was sheer brilliance

Do you know how to add polls?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Thought I had to ask a mod to do it for me. I just asked.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Season 6. The opening 6 episode Dominion War was sheer brilliance

Do you know how to add polls?
        Yep I agree.
        Season 7 is not far behind though.

Comment

Definately 5, 6 or 7 but I can never decide which is which. Most of the time i reckon 7 cos it is just the best all round season. But some times I miss jadzia i which case it switches to one of the other two. lol.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
            Yep I agree.Season 7 is not far behind though.
            DS9 literally got better with each season. This IMO is to due with the heavily arc base of the show.I rank it in this order
            S6
            S7
            S5
            S4
            S3
            S2
            S1
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

DS9 literally got better with each season. This IMO is to due with the heavily arc base of the show.I rank it in this order
              S6
              S7
              S5
              S4
              S3
              S2
              S1
              I pretty much agree with this. except season 4 seemed like it was struggling. I'd rate it more like
              S6
              S7
              S5
              S3
              S2
              S4
              S1
              "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
              "Those who abandon the path are evil."
              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Definitely Season 6. You can't beat classics like A Time to Stand - Sacrifice of Angels, Waltz, Inquisition, In The Pale Moonlight and Far Beyond The Stars. It was DS9's peak.

Here's how I would rate them:
                S6
                S5
                S7
                S4
                S3
                S2
                S1
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

S6
                  S7
                  S5
                  S4
                  S3
                  S2
                  S1
                  That all sounds pretty cool.

Comment

I'm torn between season 5 and 6 for the best season overall [I'll decide on one for when the poll is added], but season 3 is a personal favourite of mine. 'The Search', 'Defiant', 'Past Tense', 'Life Support', 'Second Skin', 'Through the Looking Glass', 'Improbable Cause', 'The Die is Cast'!...
                    It was the turning point in DS9's direction and set the tone for everything to come. That and I still remember my teenaged glee as I saw the first extensive space battles in Trek.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      I admit that season 6 is the best season overall, but season 3 is a personal favourite of mine. 'The Search', 'Defiant', 'Past Tense', 'Life Support', 'Second Skin', 'Through the Looking Glass', 'Improbable Cause', 'The Die is Cast'!...
                      It was the turning point in DS9's direction and set the tone for everything to come. That and I still remember my teenaged glee as I saw the first extensive space battles in Trek.
                      Season 3 was excellent. Improbable Cause/The Die is Cast is one of the best two parters the show ever did. It says something about the show when I put it near the "bottom".
                      sigpic

Comment

I edited my post, Descent. Got ambivalent about S5 and 6.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          I edited my post, Descent. Got ambivalent about S5 and 6.
                          Ah. S5 and S6 are both great in their own ways. S5 for its large amount of solid-great episodes (not counting Let He Who Is Without Sin ) and S6 for being dark and compelling throughout. Hard to pick between the two, but ultimately, I think S6 wins.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                            Ah. S5 and S6 are both great in their own ways. S5 for its large amount of solid-great episodes (not counting Let He Who Is Without Sin ) and S6 for being dark and compelling throughout. Hard to pick between the two, but ultimately, I think S6 wins.
                            4 words that make me agree...
                            In the Pale Moonlight
                            "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                            "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                            "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

In the Pale Moonlight and the best stuff of the Dominion War... it's got to be s6

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X