Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9th Chevron = TIME AND DISTANCE (SPACE TIME)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9th Chevron = TIME AND DISTANCE (SPACE TIME)

A Stargate can be use for time Travel ,if the wormhole is bend by the sun spot.The Wormhole will came out to the same stargate(or same planet) of another time period .

Destiny's stargate is the 9th chervon address , The address is the same for the same anywhere.
    what if by some accident the SGU team travel to hundred yr later, but by then Destiny's mission has been completed and return to Earth, they find out how their mission has affected Earth's history , and may be in future Earth is in danger ,and the SGU team arrive just in time to save it.

Or they could travel back in time ,to when Destiny was launch from Earth million yr later.

SGU may not have present Earth , but they may have contact with future and past Earth

I have no doubt that this story will happen in SGU
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
      Destiny's stargate is the 9th chervon address , The address is the same for the same anywhere.
      What gives you that idea? If that is the central premise of your argument, then I have to strongly disagree. First, I am fairly certain that it would be location, not 'Gate address, that determined the result (taking "1969" as the primary example). This means that, if anything, the team would wind up in deep space (if the wormhole dumps them at the Destiny's "current," pre-time travel position) or on a nearby planet (if the wormhole jumps to the nearest Stargate).

Second, we have no idea if the Destiny has a constant address. I am one of the adherents to the position that it does not, but then again, that is not relevant, as I have already argued.
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
        What gives you that idea? If that is the central premise of your argument, then I have to strongly disagree. First, I am fairly certain that it would be location, not 'Gate address, that determined the result (taking "1969" as the primary example). This means that, if anything, the team would wind up in deep space (if the wormhole dumps them at the Destiny's "current," pre-time travel position) or on a nearby planet (if the wormhole jumps to the nearest Stargate).

Second, we have no idea if the Destiny has a constant address. I am one of the adherents to the position that it does not, but then again, that is not relevant, as I have already argued.

The Earth is a spaceship in its own right, Destiny would follow the same rules the earth does for these events. On earth rather than move to their cosmic location they stayed in their planetary location, when they went to 1969. The earth is not the same location as it was 1969, so they would of ended up anywhere from a dozen yards away to the moon, but they didnt they were i nthe exact same spot they left, just different time. So if this was on the destiny, they would up i nthe gateroom at a different time not outerspace.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I love it. The possibilities are endless with this one.

But I'm sure there will be those who'll cry foul over how "unoriginal" it was. A shame, really.

Comment

Doesn't Atlantis have its own constant address? i know they
            Spoiler:
            moved planets at the beginning of season 4
            and then
            Spoiler:
            ended up in deep space when coming home in EatG
            but i would think no matter where they were they just need to recalculate where they were in order to dial again. in Adrift
            Spoiler:
            they were not able to dial cause they did not have enough power to recalculate where they were
            and they were able to in EatG cause they had
            Spoiler:
            3 fully powered ZPM's

I would assume Destiny did also have a constant address: changing/updating like a system correlation update in order to say where it was, but the address would be the same.
            sigpic
            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

We have seen both possibilities before. In Atlantis Before I Sleep Dr. Weir traveled back in time and in SG-1 we saw an endangered Earth in the future in the episode 2010 (although this wasn't really a timetravel episode, just the message from the future team traveled back through time)
              Anyways, I think we will see some kind of time travel episode in SG-U.
              Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
              Jack: "What?"
              Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
              Jack: "What?"
              Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
              Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
              - - - - -
              Knight Rider S01E11
              KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
              - - - - -
              Eureka S03E12
              Bismarck: This is madness.
              Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

This could be good. They don't even know that they have travelled back in time (or forward) due to the distances involved. Then they travel back to earth and turns out WE caused some of the problems that SG1 faced in the future.

I.E. - could be used as a very creative way of some of the open threads from SG1/Atlantis being solved or concluded.

I always hoped they would have done something like this with farscape... say we find out that earth (our earth) was actually in the past (Relative to the farscape universe/events) and that humans were the ancestors of the peacekeepers (the worm hole being the thing that the time travel is done through)

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
                  The Earth is a spaceship in its own right, Destiny would follow the same rules the earth does for these events. On earth rather than move to their cosmic location they stayed in their planetary location, when they went to 1969.
                  Several notes:
                  1. Earth doesn't have a hyperdrive.
                  2. Earth is the source of an incredibly large gravity well, so one might argue that it "pulls" the space around it along as it goes.
                  3. The Earth is in a state of perpetual free fall; it does not accelerate, save through the Sun's gravitation. The Destiny, however, has engines and a hyperdrive.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                    Doesn't Atlantis have its own constant address? i know they
                    Spoiler:
                    moved planets at the beginning of season 4
                    In that episode Rodney explains that after they landed on their new planet the Gate had been re-coordinated, not only that but the way the 7 glyph gate address works it triangulates a position in space, so I'm guessing it got a new address. That, and as has been explained elsewhere
                    Spoiler:
                    Atlantis's Gate probably has the same address of the Earth gate as of the end of "Enemy at the Gate".

I'm not entirely sure how the 9 glyph address for Destiny is going to work, if 7glyphs is point in space and point of origin and 8 glyphs is point in space, area in space and point of origin. I'm guessing either Destiny's address changes as it moves or somehow the gate system is always aware of Destiny's position and by dialing 9 glyphs it automatically connects. I'm more inclined to support the former because if it's the latter then there's no reason why the team couldn't just gate back to Earth (or Atlantis) whenever. The plot seems pretty firm in the "they're stuck" point.

I'm sure there will be time travel in the show, but I am doubtful it will necessarily revolve around Earth.

Comment

i would like to put the idea forward that the ninth chevron is in address in time rather in space and perhaps the crew are so cut off from earth for this exact resaon, it may send them forward it may send em back

maybe to the launch its self. picture it they stumble through the gate to escape the off world base only to find them selves in a gate room which starts to violently shake, they assume this is a sysmic event and stuble over to a console or viewing port jusst in time to see the ground fall away as the destiny lifts off

Comment

NO. timetravel is bad and overdone. i liked the lack of timetravel in SGA

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          NO. timetravel is bad and overdone. i liked the lack of timetravel in SGA
                          spoil sport!!, time travel would be a great way to seperate it from the rest of the franchise, a way to truley have them cut off

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                            spoil sport!!, time travel would be a great way to seperate it from the rest of the franchise, a way to truley have them cut off
                            Indeed it would be different, I like the idea, but its probably not happening.

Comment

I don't understand where all this 9th chevron=time travel came from!

Comment

Working...
                              X