This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c Question

Does Teal'c know when he's in the presence of a Goa'uld or Jaffa? I think I remember him saying he could sense it, from his symbiote, but I can't remember for sure.

yea he said it and he can, so can carter who was previously hosted by snake.
    "I was just looking at the sky, Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to."

Comment

He used to, but not anymore, as he lost his symbiote in "The Changeling."
      Rocky

Comment

Can Teal'c tell the difference between someone with a mature Goa'uld and someone with a larva?

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
          He used to, but not anymore, as he lost his symbiote in "The Changeling."
          I know he lost the symbiote, but I would have thought that Teal'c would still be able to sense the presence of the Gou'ald due to having it for so many years (however many he has carried them)

Comment

I believe that their ability to sense a goa'uld larva/symbiot is because of the naquada released in their blood by having a larva/symbiot. Even though Teal'c have lost his symbiot he will still be able to sense the goa'uld because so can Sam.
            "Politics"
            Hammond: "It costs nearly a billion dollars just to turn the lights on around here."
            O'Neill: "How about a bake sale? Yard sale? Garage...?"
            Hammond: "This is what I look like when I'm not laughing, Colonel."
            O'Neill: "Car wash?"

Comment

Originally posted by saltydude
              I believe that their ability to sense a goa'uld larva/symbiot is because of the naquada released in their blood by having a larva/symbiot. Even though Teal'c have lost his symbiot he will still be able to sense the goa'uld because so can Sam.
              sam can sense them because a marker was left in her body, and the snake degraded into her system. naquadah in the blood body acts as a snake detector, that's how cassie could detect jolinar in the first place. does teal'c have naquadah in his body

Comment

Maybe he doesn't, I don't think it's mentioned in any episode.
                "Politics"
                Hammond: "It costs nearly a billion dollars just to turn the lights on around here."

Comment

This sensing the goauld bit is a plot sensitive bit.

in ITLOD, teal'c stood right by sam, even helped drag her back through the gate and apparantly didn't sense Jolinar. In Enemy Within, he didn't sense the snake in kawalsky either

then all of a sudden in The Tomb, they needed him to so he can sense goaulds

Sam can sense them, just like cassandra, because of the naqahdah in her blood. (and since cassie can sense goaulds, it would seem it's the naqahdah not the protein marker since cassie doesn't have one of those) presumably Teal'c could feel junior reacting to the presence of other goauld, but it would make sense, now that junior is gone, so is the naqahdah and so should be his ability to sense snakes
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps I was right then? Well I guess only the writers know for sure
                    "Politics"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      This sensing the goauld bit is a plot sensitive bit.

in ITLOD, teal'c stood right by sam, even helped drag her back through the gate and apparantly didn't sense Jolinar. In Enemy Within, he didn't sense the snake in kawalsky either

then all of a sudden in The Tomb, they needed him to so he can sense goaulds

Sam can sense them, just like cassandra, because of the naqahdah in her blood. (and since cassie can sense goaulds, it would seem it's the naqahdah not the protein marker since cassie doesn't have one of those) presumably Teal'c could feel junior reacting to the presence of other goauld, but it would make sense, now that junior is gone, so is the naqahdah and so should be his ability to sense snakes
                      It could be that because Teal'c was always around snakes before he came to Earth, it was natural to him, he didn't know any different. In ITLOD, he just might not have noticed that it was a feeling he got only around goa'uld. That was only S2, right?
                      But by the time of The Tomb, particularly because of Sam's experiences, he would have realised that's what the feeling was.

Comment

How does that explain Sam then? And Cassie for that matter.
                        "Politics"

Comment

Like you said, it's because of the naquadah in their blood. For Teal'c it was because he had the symbiote. Unless having so many symbiotes for so long has left some sort of marker in his blood too, he probably can't anymore since Changeling.

Comment

No, because a symbiot only leaves a marker when it dies?
                            "Politics"

Comment

Yeah, as far as we know. And only when it actually dies inside the hosts body. And doesn't kill the host in the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X