This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S1-S3 Atlantis "Family" in the SGA Movie - Discussion Thread

A thread to voice your opinion on whether or not Weir, Beckett, and Ford should be or need to be brought back for the upcoming SGA movie, and in what capacity.

Fell free to voice either a Pro or Anti opinion to the topic.

But please remember that it is your opinion only and that others hold themselves to differing ones and have as much a right to express their own.

Supporting arguments are always encouraged
    sigpic

Maybe not all in the same movie...

That would be kinda crowded! Carson, or should I say Clone Carson, is certainly the easiest to have drop in for a movie, and I think that it would be nice to have him in at least one. I would definitely like to see Weir pulled out of the vacuum for a movie or two. I can think of MANY really cool ways to involve her in a movie. It would also be nice to see some kind of resolution to the Ford storyline. But, realistically, sometimes life leaves you hanging with an MIA.

I do confess that I secretly would like it if they had a movie that had the entire cast: Shepard, McKay, Teyla, Ronan, Woolsey, Carson, Weir, Ford, Carter, and ...

K...

Kell...

Keller...

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi himself...

It’s unlikely we’ll see Weir or Ford in the Atlantis movie.
      That said, I guess I'll voice my opinion on the matter.

Beckett

Considering that Joe M. has neglected to mention whether or not Beckett will be making an appearance in the SGA, I think that it's safe to assume that he will be present in some capacity barring TPTB killing him off....again.

To what extent, I can't fathom. Atlantis has a CMO in Keller and there's still that pesky little problem of Michael apparently being able to control him to whatever extent. I doubt he'd be very trustworthy regardless of how trustworthy he would like to be and how much the Team would like to have him back.

Weir

Considering The Ghost in the Machine, I doubt she'll be back as we used to know her in seasons 1 though 3. That's just simply impossible and I don't think I'd want it either even if it were.

I never really liked the character, found her to be pretty typical. Her supposed diplomatic skills were never put to much use and she spent most of her time looking concerned or worried and saying people's names.

That said, I found her infinitely more interesting as a Replicator seeking ascension. If TPTB want to awaken her from her frozen sleep and give her Higginson's body, then I won't complain too much so long as she is no longer formally a part of the Atlantis team.

Ford

Villain. I want him to be a villain. But I want him to have overcome the all-consuming part of his addiction and just move on to the diabolical scheming and Wraith killing for his own nefarious purposes.

Throw in a little resentment towards Atlantis and a dash of necessary but reluctant cooperation between Ford's faction of Wraith-enzyme-enhanced super fighters and Atlantis, and we may have ourselves a winner.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
        Maybe not all in the same movie...

That would be kinda crowded! Carson, or should I say Clone Carson, is certainly the easiest to have drop in for a movie, and I think that it would be nice to have him in at least one. I would definitely like to see Weir pulled out of the vacuum for a movie or two. I can think of MANY really cool ways to involve her in a movie. It would also be nice to see some kind of resolution to the Ford storyline. But, realistically, sometimes life leaves you hanging with an MIA.

I do confess that I secretly would like it if they had a movie that had the entire cast: Shepard, McKay, Teyla, Ronan, Woolsey, Carson, Weir, Ford, Carter, and ...

K...

Kell...

Keller...
        See? That wasn't so hard. She doesn't bite.

I think, though, that it would be like you said. Rather crowded with all those characters. it would be impossibly to give them all the focus they deserve and the movie would just be a mess.

I can see Weir and Ford possibly showing up in subsequent movies. Maybe even together.

Maybe Ford, after reuniting his band of fighters, gaining power and resources, gets a hold of a spaceship like the Travellers and runs across the replicators floating around in space.

I'd like to see Weir explain that one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          A thread to voice your opinion on whether or not Weir, Beckett, and Ford should be or need to be brought back for the upcoming SGA movie, and in what capacity.

Fell free to voice either a Pro or Anti opinion to the topic.

But please remember that it is your opinion only and that others hold themselves to differing ones and have as much a right to express their own.

Supporting arguments are always encouraged
          Beckett I have no problem with I love him and would love to see him in a SGA movie. Weir doubtful we will ever see her again in any capacity. Her story was finished in Ghost in the Machine. Ford I'd rather not see him again never really cared for him.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

ford - no. we've already seen him and his fellow enzyme addicts cooperate with atlantis, so we probably already know how it would end and I've never been a ford fan.

weir - no. I like her, but I'm so sick of replicators that it would ruin any role she had in the movie for me personally. plus, she wouldn't be acted by torri (most likely) and the actress who plays fran (can't think of her name) isn't a convincing "substitute" to me.

beckett - yes.
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 01 September 2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

For me, all I need for a great SGA movie is 2 hours of McKay. He doesn't even need to speak

Comment

Originally posted by Ellaneshka View Post
                For me, all I need for a great SGA movie is 2 hours of McKay. He doesn't even need to speak
                Hmm are you a bit smitten with Mckay?

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                  ford - no, we've seen him and his fellow wraith-enzyme addicts cooperate with atlantis in "the lost boys" and "the hive". we already know how it would end and I've never been a ford fan.
                  But he was crazy then. How about not crazy Ford?

weir - no. I like her, but I'm so sick of replicators that it would ruin any role she had in the movie for me personally. plus, she wouldn't be acted by torri (most likely) and the actress who plays fran (can't think of her name) isn't a convincing "substitute" to me.
                  Personally I loved Fran and the actress playing her, but I wouldn't be against Higginson reprising her role.

Although, I can understand your point about Replicators being done half to death. But if it's just her and her merry band without the whole Replicators out to destroy everyone storyline, it might be interesting. Maybe?

I don't know. I'm just speculating here.

beckett - yes.
                  Well that was certainly definitive. Because he could be used as a doctor? As Michael-bait? As eye candy?

What about the fact he can still be controlled by Michael and Atlantis has no idea how that works? What if he can be influenced from anywhere? By a word or words spoken over a transmitter? Doesn't he pose a threat?

Originally posted by Ellaneshka View Post
                  Brilliant! Green for you! I am definitely not opposed to that idea.
                  sigpic

Comment

What about the fact he can still be controlled by Michael and Atlantis has no idea how that works? What if he can be influenced from anywhere? By a word or words spoken over a transmitter? Doesn't he pose a threat?
                    Yes, Beckett does pose a threat, and that's the element that could make involving him in the movie interesting. To me, at least.

Comment

Yes, Beckett does pose a threat, and that's what could make involving him in the movie interesting. To me, at least.
                      Supposing of course that the issue is not resolved before the movie.

But saying that it were. What would his role be then? Would he just resume his former duties under Keller?

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having had him killed off and then cloned?
                      sigpic

Comment

Supposing of course that the issue is not resolved before the movie.

But saying that it were. What would his role be then? Would he just resume his former duties under Keller?

That's even if there is a threat anymore after the treatment.

Comment

Same as killing Weir and turning her into a replicator.

I can't picture Beckett serving under Keller. Beckett has the confidence that Keller lacks, so I tend to see those roles as being reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            That's even if there is a threat anymore after the treatment.
                            But the treatment was only meant to stop his cellular degradation. That had everything to do with the number of telomeres on his chromosomes and nothing to do with how Michael controlled him.

At least, I think not.

Same as killing Weir and turning her into a replicator.
                            To be fair, I think they actually had that storyline planned for Weir whereas Beckett's felt sort of cobbled together. I could be wrong though.

I can't picture Beckett serving under Keller. Beckett has the confidence that Keller lacks, so I tend to see those roles as being reversed.
                            Commentary on Keller's abilities aside, it's not really the same Beckett anymore is it? His experiences could have changed him to the point where he lacks that confidence that everyone said made him such a great doctor and CMO.

In fact, I'd be interested in seeing him cope with something like that. Having him be all fine and dandy after such an ordeal would be stretching the limits of credulity.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think there is a "need" to return to the old Atlantis family! Atlantis has a new family, see people it's like a divorce, you have to MOVE ON! Carson is dead!!! let him RIP! Weir is gone, let her go! Ford died in the Hive... deal with it~! I want the movie to feature the characters that are there now, I get confuzzled by time travel/AUs etc.... so make it an adventure!

Comment

Working...
                              X