This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USS Odyssey

ok so in sg1 t'ealc went back in time rite....before he went the oddysey was destroyed...following so far? anyways, after t'ealc went back, what happened to the oddysey in the time line he went back to? is it intact? and why does it never visit atlantis like the apollo and daedalus?

Originally posted by kdmjuk View Post
    ok so in sg1 t'ealc went back in time rite....before he went the oddysey was destroyed...following so far? anyways, after t'ealc went back, what happened to the oddysey in the time line he went back to? is it intact?
    Yes.

and why does it never visit atlantis like the apollo and daedalus?
    It never did before, no reason to start now, especially considering the Asgard legacy is on board, and they probably don't want to risk losing it in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

It`s a good reason not to go, but even tough if you think about AOT... Going to the ori galaxy with the asgard core...

Buttt, if you think about TLM the phoenix also have an asgard core, even a sabotaged one

Of course the chip over there was just a error, but what I mean is.. does the phoenix have a asgard core ?

Comment

The Phoenix does not have an Asgard Core. There is only one, and it's on the Odyssey.

Comment

The Phoenix was mostly built while the Oddy was "powerd" down due to the Ori being able to track it..
          The Pheonix will probebly have more Asgard Systems then any other 304.. but i hardly believe they managed to replicate an Asgard Power core in one year...

But: Oddy survived..
          It has been to the Pegasus galaxy once.. and its a dumb idea to send it back NOW..
          Just imagine if the Wraith got their hands on it.. Earth would be ****ED!

Comment

I also agree it would be too soon for earth to be able to replicate a asgard core... BUT it was there =p

I know it wont be, it will just go to the black hole that is called plot hole =p

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
              I also agree it would be too soon for earth to be able to replicate a asgard core
              The Asgard Core can synthesize anything. Couldn't it make another of itself?

Plus the Phoenix was shown to have an Asgard console where the star charts used to be on the bridge.

Comment

Humm, btw, do they explain how it works ? I mean, people have being saynd that it transforms energy into matter... but it would require a hell lot of energy to create anything, it would be easier to just reorganize matter... I mean, take raw materials and transform into something... It would essentially be the beaming tech, but instead of rematerializing it as it was , chose another way.... It would lower the power consumption a lot... Actually we would be able to use it in the other ships, as we have the beaming tech installed, maybe would need upgrades in the computers so that they could handle the whole re-organization thing =)

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
                  Humm, btw, do they explain how it works ? I mean, people have being saynd that it transforms energy into matter... but it would require a hell lot of energy to create anything, it would be easier to just reorganize matter... I mean, take raw materials and transform into something... It would essentially be the beaming tech, but instead of rematerializing it as it was , chose another way.... It would lower the power consumption a lot... Actually we would be able to use it in the other ships, as we have the beaming tech installed, maybe would need upgrades in the computers so that they could handle the whole re-organization thing =)
                  its a "matter converter"
                  i assume it takes matter around it (oxygen, nitrogen, co2, etc) and converts it into whatever it is programmed to be.
                  yes it is a slight modification of the asgard beaming tech. (see "Undending" for an explanation of this)

Comment

i dont think that they will re-create another asgard core basically its proberly way to advanced for them in the 1st place, also it is unique its the surviving legacy of the asgard
                    Richard Dean Anderson has the same birthday as me 23rd of January

sigpic

Comment

ok, if this core was as good as its supposed to be and the sole surviving thing of a race so smart...why wouldnt there be bluprints in it for another? surely it stands to reason that if the asgard were dieing and they knew they were handing their legacy to the pretty little earthlings, they would want their legacy to go on and a way of doing this is to leave plans on reproduction of the core? that way it would have a better way of surviving. maybe its not a case of being to difficult for us. maybe we just aint come across the bluprints....besides the new ships have asgard systems now so there must be more than one core.

Comment

Humm, probably the phoenix wont have, but that the phoenix as it was shown in TLM HAD. It`s not up to arguing. I mean, it was probably an error (if you look that they forgot the crystal with the chip in it... ) ..

I`ll rewatch the last epi to refresh my memory about the "matter converter".

Comment

The Phionix Dosen't have a asgard core, it does how ever have a asgard computer interface.

also
                          yes the power requirements are huge but nothing a naqudah mark II generator cant supplie, also the asgard computer core has its own power scource (similar to a zpm)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thermi View Post
                            The Phionix Dosen't have a asgard core, it does how ever have a asgard computer interface.

also

yes the power requirements are huge but nothing a naqudah mark II generator cant supplie, also the asgard computer core has its own power scource (similar to a zpm)
                            Pure speculation. We have no idea what kind of power source the Asgard core has or how the matter creator works.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                              Pure speculation. We have no idea what kind of power source the Asgard core has or how the matter creator works.
                              Asgard core refers to a Asgard Power/Computer core
                              as in Neutrino Ion Generators

Comment

Working...
                              X