Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone In the UK Fancy Watching This On The Big Screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone In the UK Fancy Watching This On The Big Screen?

Now before I get any further, I'm talking Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area. I work at a cinema(Odeon Mansfield) and we've got a digital projector so it wouldn't be an issue to use the DVD to put this on the big screen...the problem would be renting the screen.

Now obviously I can't just put it on and charge people to watch it - copyright. But I was wondering if fans in the local area were interested in banding together to rent the screen out and watch it.

I'm not sure how much it would actually cost so I'm gonna ask my manager next time I'm in work - Tuesday. Is anyone interested in doing this?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Now before I get any further, I'm talking Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area. I work at a cinema(Odeon Mansfield) and we've got a digital projector so it wouldn't be an issue to use the DVD to put this on the big screen...the problem would be renting the screen.

Now obviously I can't just put it on and charge people to watch it - copyright. But I was wondering if fans in the local area were interested in banding together to rent the screen out and watch it.

I'm not sure how much it would actually cost so I'm gonna ask my manager next time I'm in work - Tuesday. Is anyone interested in doing this?

Think it's a splendid idea, see how much it would cost. There might be legal implications, it would be worth emailing or phoning MGM to check before getting our hopes up!
    Would have to be a Saturday night for me, my Mum lives in Bolsover so I could stay there overnight (I'm all the way over in Cheshire).

FF
    sigpic

Comment

I live in Leicester and I'd definitely like to come. I could also probably get 2,3 maybe even 4 people to come with. I'm counting on one of those 4 people to give me a lift so *crosses fingers*.

ETA: Can the digital projector play blu-ray too? If so someone could bring that along (or if no one gets the blu-ray version we could all chip in for one...) I'd very much like to see this in HD...
      If not I then I'd be happy that I get the opportunity to see this on the big screen... (assuming I get the opportunity..... *tries to get hopes back down*)
      Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 21 June 2008, 09:49 AM.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Im a bit far away but that sounds like a brilliant idea for those around that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post

*Raises hand*

I'm in Derbyshire!!! I'd love to come.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I would if I was in the area

Hmmmm I suppose I could camp out in my car
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              I would if I was in the area

Hmmmm I suppose I could camp out in my car
              It'd be worth it

Comment

I'd LOVE to come but I live in London. I would drive there but it'd all depend on how much it would cost...as getting there would already cost me a fortune (damn petrol prices + being a student = not good).

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                  I'd LOVE to come but I live in London. I would drive there but it'd all depend on how much it would cost...as getting there would already cost me a fortune (damn petrol prices + being a student = not good).

Speaking as the mother of students ...have you never heard of national express? Or Travelodge?
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

lol or the train from St Pancras?

I just visited a friend in Derby last night and got back today. Total cost: £20!

Just select the single tickets called Valued Advance. You have to book by 6pm the day before you travel and you have to get on the train you book on. You also get a 1/3 off if you have a 16-25 railcard!! Every train company has these fares and the price depends on the distance. I travel frequently from Euston - Manchester and that never costs more than £30 return so give it a go wherever you live!

I can't make it but I hope that helps someone!

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                      Speaking as the mother of students ...have you never heard of national express? Or Travelodge?
                      Originally posted by dannster View Post
                      lol or the train from St Pancras?

I just visited a friend in Derby last night and got back today. Total cost: £20!

Just select the single tickets called Valued Advance. You have to book by 6pm the day before you travel and you have to get on the train you book on. You also get a 1/3 off if you have a 16-25 railcard!! Every train company has these fares and the price depends on the distance. I travel frequently from Euston - Manchester and that never costs more than £30 return so give it a go wherever you live!

I can't make it but I hope that helps someone!
                      I would take the train but my parents would only let me go if I took the car...they think its safer (for some reason) so its the car or nothing. Plus it would make it easier for me to get around once I'm up there.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I would like to come, but I also live in London and I'm a student who got nooo job at the moment. Can you give more details?
                        <3

Comment

Originally posted by shepps_hot View Post
                          I would like to come, but I also live in London and I'm a student who got nooo job at the moment. Can you give more details?
                          Quite a few people here seem to live in London, perhaps you could share?
                          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Wow! Splendid response! I'll be in work tomorrow so I'm gonna inquire about it. I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope it wont be too much. I think, that if anything, it'll more than likely being a morning job around 9/10 o'clock due to cinema hours. That'd be if it was at a weekend. If shown on a weekday, it'd probably be about 11. Like I said. I'll ask tomorrow. I'd really like to do this and if I could, I'd rent it out myself just for the experience.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

9am.... I have problems getting to school at that time (and it starts at 8:35), but for Stargate I shall do my best.
                              On the up side this means that even if I can't get a lift, I can still get there by train (I had previously thought this would be a night job...). Is there a train station in Mansfield? If yes then I shall definitely be there, assuming it all goes ahead.
                              I might even buy a GW t-shirt just for this occasion...

Comment

Working...
                              X