This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Of course, and you know the answer to that (by now, I reckon) -> What was the excuse the previous seasons?

Shep gave us the answer to that when he told Teyla in First Strike that
    Spoiler:
    she is the invisible woman.

My first, and biggest, misgiving regarding season 5 would be the cast changes. The current cast hasn't given me the "family" feel that I liked in the first three years, and instead of giving them more time to perhaps develop it, we're getting three more characters thrown into the mix. Why should I get to know them, let alone care about them, when given the recent history there's a good chance they'll be tossed aside when the next season starts? Plus I'm afraid in order to get them screen time, the little quiet character moments will go away. Something's got to give and I don't think it will be the explosions.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

With all these characters Atlantis is going to have to have two hours shows. It's funny how SG-1 could not afford both Jonas and Daniel yet Atlantis can afford all these characters. The ratings for SG-1 blew away Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        can't even begin to guess
        But I can: Teyla is a mature, smart and wise woman that takes a lot of brain power to write (same with Elizabeth). Trio clearly shower what kind of characters and plots the current TPTBs are capable of writing and it pisses me off immensely. Feminists call us (men) pigs because of people like those in the current TPTB squad. If RL was not pregnant, I bet Teyla would be in that episode and McKay would want her to flash the teenagers (and himself) as well!

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
        Wow! I love this thread.

I can't really say something new in here because everything I would say has been said!

I have an idea forming in my head which you all probably find totally crazy but we could make a letter or e-mail campaign to tell Sci-Fi that TPTB are ruining the show and that we are reluctant to keep watching such a crap. Perhaps they can make TPTB hire new writers and bring the show back on track.

Here is a link to Sci-Fi's feedback site. If anyone is interested.

http://www.scifi.com/help/feedback/
        That was already done... Didn't help a bit

Comment

I just watched the beginning of midway and

Spoiler:
          Teyla said some IOA guy doesn't want her to carry on working at Atlantis after giving birth. John replied with "won't he be suprised" or something like that. Teyla then looks away unhappy, and John looks at her worried...The prospects for Teyla in S5 doesn't look good...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
            I just watched the beginning of midway and

Spoiler:
            Teyla said some IOA guy doesn't want her to carry on working at Atlantis after giving birth. John replied with "won't he be suprised" or something like that. Teyla then looks away unhappy, and John looks at her worried...The prospects for Teyla in S5 doesn't look good...

Spoiler:
            Nothing new. Quarantine explained Teyla's position after birth. She wants to be close to her child and she does not want to orphan him. Why do we need to pick on the IOA guy?

Comment

Maybe we'll be getting a new member of the team. I swear the recruits get younger every day...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Maybe we'll be getting a new member of the team. I swear the recruits get younger every day...
                Did you see the pics of Capt. Vega (or whatever she is called these days) on JM's blog? Those jacket zippers are coming WAY down these days.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Am I the official blog reporter? Yeccchh. Anyway, JM said that in regards to Teyla
                  Spoiler:
                  she will be back on the team. He also said RL came in to talk and was very pleased with the direction for her character in S5. So not to worry, Teyla is safe.
                  IMHO, this whole baby thing is just another huge red herring that will disappear after the first 2 eps of S5. I know most of you love this character, but I have always attached her firmly to the frat boy modus operandi. She's developed since S1, but anybody that looks like her is perfectly safe. Just my biased opinion. Sorry.

And yes, Brad Wright must return from the mists of obscurity... or something.

Also, the so-called team development this season has left me cold and fearful that we will see more painful attempts to make it look like they are a real family in S5. Mainly, I'll admit I feel this way because Elizabeth is gone. Even without her though they seem to be trying too hard to tell us that everybody just looovvveeess everybody else, hangs out whenever possible even though we only see them eating together (usually while making fun of Rodney) and hanging out in groups of 2. Does John lie to Ronon about all the time he spends with Rodney? Because he sure does feel free to laugh at him with the rest of the team? And also in conversations like the time when Teyla revealed her condition, we learn that John didn't even know she was seeing Kannan or hadn't even heard of him even though the Athosians are few in number and have been around forever. Odd for team members who are so close. Can we boil this down to the writing by committee idea?

I am afraid also that with all the new characters to incorporate into the mix, S5 will start to look like the Brady bunch family picnic. I'd rather they just forget the awkward bonding scenes and just blow **** up. Just get this mid-life crisis scenario into top gear. Paint the jumper red with racing stripes, put a hot tub in the back and be done with it.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    she will be back on the team. He also said RL came in to talk and was very pleased with the direction for her character in S5. So not to worry,Teyla is safe .

oh, crap
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                      Spoiler:
                      she will be back on the team. He also said RL came in to talk and was very pleased with the direction for her character in S5. So not to worry, Teyla is safe.
                      Didn't JM say something like that about Elizabeth on his blog once?

Shame about putting Woolsey in charge otherwise I would give S5 a chance, but I just can't bear to watch with someone like him as a commender! Ewww, just his name reminds me of a nauseous feeling.
                      sigpic

Comment

Folks should know better than to trust anything Mallozzi says. It's all half-truths and misdirections and whatever might be true today (or at any particular given moment) might not stay true later on.

Comment

It all depends on his mood.
                          sigpic

Comment

Didn't JM say something like that about Elizabeth on his blog once?

Shame about putting Woolsey in charge otherwise I would give S5 a chance, but I just can't bear to watch with someone like him as a commender! Ewww, just his name reminds me of a nauseous feeling.
                            Probably. To his way of thinking everybody is always pleased. Would I be breaking a rule if I said that Torri said at the last con that they told her everything would be fine, atta girl for all of S3? Right up until they fired her. The rules for this thread intimidate me.

Folks should know better than to trust anything Mallozzi says. It's all half-truths and misdirections and whatever might be true today (or at any particular given moment) might not stay true later on.
                            And every word has to be parsed. His double speak rivals any Congressional committee hearing I've ever witnessed on C-Span. But I still believe Teyla is safe and will have an even larger part in S5.

It all depends on his mood.
                            And how much chocolate he's consumed. BTW, somebody suggested sending him gifts. Certain fan groups have been doing that for a while now. JF suggested we send bottled water like the Jericho fans and their nuts. But I can't help picturing a tsunami bearing down on Bridge Studios.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              But I still believe Teyla is safe and will have an even larger part in S5.
                              I agree, and I'm fine with that, as long as that larger part doesn't have anything to do with making something between Shep and Teyla canon.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                I agree, and I'm fine with that, as long as that larger part doesn't have anything to do with making something between Shep and Teyla canon.

TPTB need to steer way clear of any canon ship. Let the chemistry fall where it may and let the fans imagine what is going on off screen to their hearts content. Besides, you know what they say: never fish off the company pier.

I have seen no indication that TPTB can write romantic relationships anyway. Plus, they don't know how to write women period. Look at what they did with Keller. They have her flirting with Ronon and then with McKay just a few episodes later. Interpretations were all over the place: She was just being friendly (to McKay), or she really is the town flirt, or she's a weak female drawn to any big, strong man who will protect her.

Whatever you say about the Shep "kirking". At least he didn't almost kiss Elizabeth in one episode and then coyly invite Teyla for a drink in the next. Imagine the fandom implosion if that happened. But I guess TPTB think its ok for a woman to be perceived as being inconstant in her feelings. Just my 2 cents.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X