Team discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team discussion thread

Okay, Res and I (and also a few others, like sg gato) started talking about rewatching all the eps of SG-1 in order again. And discussing the eps we have seen. So we decided to start our SG-marathon on Wednesday the 13th of June....that is upcoming Wednesday.
    Every Sunday and Wed. we will watch a new ep, and if you like to participate in the discussion you can do that in the time between Wed. and Sun. You also can post screencap or artwork if you want...

There are a few rules so that discussing can go in peace:
    * no flaming, bashing, hurting other people's opinion
    * respect every character, that doesn't mean you can't criticize the character, just do it on a friendly way.
    * also ship/no ship, slash/no slash... you can say it here, just don't make into a fight between the two.
    * respect each other oppinion, and try to see the other persons their opinion too.
    * try not to go to much negative. I mean yes sometimes things aren't that good but try to not go into that to much, cause that will bring the thread down... and we want to celebrate 10 years of SG-1 in a way. but as long as you express yourself in a way that is constructive and relevant to the ep in question we don't mind
    * no ranting
    * also keep the GW rules in mind

Wednesday we will start discussing 'Children of the Gods' so all be ready for a great start. And spread the word if it is possible You can use this banner:

Here is a list of what ep we will discussing when....

Wed. 13 June 2007
    Children of the Gods
    When powerful aliens come through Earth's Stargate, Colonel Jack O'Neill returns to Abydos to retrieve Daniel Jackson, who has discovered that the alien transit system includes much more than the two planets.

Sun. 17 June 2007
    The enemy within
    Major Kawalsky is possessed by a Goa'uld, and the SGC must find a way to remove it without killing him.

Wed. 20 June 2007

Emancipation
    An alien civilization is forced to reconsider their views on women when Carter rebels against their social customs.

Sun. 24 June 2007

The broca divide
    Members of SG-1 become infected with an alien virus that turns them into primative beings. Dr. Fraiser must find a cure to save the team and the alien population from whom it was contracted.

Wed. 27 June 2007

The first commandment
    SG-1 must stop a renegade Stargate commander, who has gone mad and set himself up as a god on an alien planet.

Sun. 1 July 2007
    Cold lazarus
    The team discovers a crystaline alien species with the capability of assuming human form. O'Neill comes to terms with the death of his son.

Wed. 4 July 2007
    The Nox
    Pressed by the government to acquire new technologies, SG-1 is led to a world inhabited by a seemingly primative race. When Apophis arrives, SG-1 ambush him with disasterous consequences.

Sun. 8 July 2007

Brief candle
    SG-1 discovers a race of attractive people who age extremely rapidly. The situation becomes personal when O'Neill begins to suffer from the same accelerated aging, and must live out the rest of his life on the planet.

Wed. 11 July 2007
    Thor's Hammer
    Teal'c and O'Neill are transported to an underground cage designed by the Asgard to protect an alien world from the Goa'uld. Teal'c cannot escape the labyrinth while his larval Goa'uld lives.

Sun. 15 July 2007

The torment of Tantalus
    SG-1 tracks down Catherine Langford's fiance, who took the first Stargate trip in 1945, and discovers an ancient meeting hall that may hold the secrets of the universe itself.

Wed. 18 July 2007

Bloodlines
    Teal'c returns to Chulak to stop his people from implanting his son with a larval Goa'uld, but must sacrifice himself to save him.

Sun. 22 July 2007
    Fire and water
    Daniel is taken captive by an alien with a hidden agenda, while SG-1 is made to believe he is dead.

Wed. 25 July 2007
    Hathor
    The banished Goa'uld Hathor is found in an ancient sarcophagus Earth, and takes over the S.G.C. with hopes of raising a new army against the System Lords.

Sun. 29 July 2007
    Singularity
    A mysterious affliction wipes out the entire population of a planet, plus an SG team -- except for one young girl. Carter befriends her, but learns that she is being used by the Goa'uld.

Wed. 1 August 2007

Cor-ai
    Teal'c must stand trial for a crime committed while he served as first prime of Apophis when a villager on an alien world identifies him as the Jaffa who killed his father.

Sun. 5 August
    Enigma
    The SG-1 team rescues a group of advanced humans from a planet near destruction, and must find a new home for the refugees before the Pentagon gets their hands on them.

Wed. 8 August
    Solitudes
    Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter are separated from Jackson and Teal'c during a Stargate journey, and are trapped on a desolate ice world with no way of escape.

Sun. 12 August

Tin man
    When SG-1 visits the underground warehouse of an advanced alien civilization, the area's caretaker transplants their minds into robotic duplicates -- a "gift" of immortality.

Wed. 15 August
    There but for the grace of God
    An alien artifact transports Daniel to an alternate reality, where he is not a part of the Stargate program and the Goa'uld -- led by Teal'c -- are invading Earth.

Sun. 19 August

Politics
    Senator Kinsey arrives at the SGC to investigate the program and determine whether the great drain on the U.S. budget is worthwhile, prompting the team to recall missions from the past year.

Wed. 22 August

Within the serpent's grasp
    SG-1 escapes through the Stargate before it is shut down, and learns that Daniel's alternate reality vision is true: Apophis is moving to attack Earth from above. The team must stop Apophis and his son, Klorel, who inhabits the body of their friend Skaara.

Last edited by RepliCartertje; 10 June 2007, 07:12 AM.

Cool idea I am actually in the middle of watching SG-1 from the beginning I am doing this for second time. I am noticing things I didn't see before. I am actually about ready to watch season 4. I may pop in here and there to comment cuz I think this is cool.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

That would be great. I'll try and make sure to post the name of the next ep so if people are in the middle of doing what you're doing (or in the case of one GW friend, have recently done it ) then you still join in as you already have a sense of the way things evolved over the years, which is part of the reason why we're doing this

...and because its kinda fun
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

What a great idea. Count me in!!!

I just restarted watching all the eps about a month ago because I started making my own screencaps. I think this will be a very fun and hopefully positive thing

Can't wait until Wednesday!!!!
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Res: you know if you want you can anounce the ep every Wed. and Sun. Or I will do it I don't mind... so we know it is changing the eps

and Hello poundspuppy and DJgirl...glad to see you here, and to see you will be joining in...this will be fun

Comment

I think we can work something out. Can't be that difficult, right?

Right?
            sigpic

Comment

Cool idea. . Especially with rerun season here, I like to pull out the dvds when I want to kick back and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post

Right?
                I think everything will run very smoothly. I am going to be on vacation next week, but still plan to post and will now take season one with me
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Right?
                  and if it doesn't work we can ask Sam for technically support, Daniel for moral support and Jack for hitting it all and Teal'c will just watch it all and do the eyebrow thing.
                  And then Janet will come with a serign and Hammond will tell you your orders

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Cool idea. . Especially with rerun season here, I like to pull out the dvds when I want to kick back and relax.
                  nice to see you here jckfan and yeah rerun is fun eh...why don't they do it here??? oh well at least i have the dvd's

Comment

I'd like to make a suggestion to maybe change the title of this thread. I got here thru a post on another thread and I'm interested in watching and discussing the show from the beginning but I probably would have never clicked on the thread with this title.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                      I'd like to make a suggestion to maybe change the title of this thread. I got here thru a post on another thread and I'm interested in watching and discussing the show from the beginning but I probably would have never clicked on the thread with this title.
                      Its a thought. The origin of the title comes from another thread, where this idea emerged, and its to show that's we are discussing the team from the beginning, as opposed to a specific character or any other aspect. If Eve wants to amend the title to include another tag if possible so that the purpose of the thread is more clearly outlined, then I'll leave it up to her
                      sigpic

Comment

Its a thought. The origin of the title comes from another thread, where this idea emerged, and its to show that's we are discussing the team from the beginning, as opposed to a specific character or any other aspect. If Eve wants to amend the title to include another tag if possible so that the purpose of the thread is more clearly outlined, then I'll leave it up to her
                        Honestly, I don't care what this thread is intitles...as long as the point of this thread is out there that is discussing the team and the eps I don't ask for more...
                        why I called this thread team discussion thread is just because of it origin and also cause when this is over...you still can use the tread to talk about the team and it's eps

But if you want a new title, that is fine with me...just tell me how you want to call it and I will report myself for a name change of this thread

Comment

Great idea. It's something I've been thinking about doing myself. I've actually started this two or three times already, and I usually get stalled out about the end of S3. So maybe this will keep me motivated.

My original plan was just to write my reviews and post them in the appropriate episode threads. I may do that also, but this will be nice to have a place to discuss. Great idea guys!

So... 214 episodes? We should finish sometime in the summer of 2009.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Great idea. It's something I've been thinking about doing myself. I've actually started this two or three times already, and I usually get stalled out about the end of S3. So maybe this will keep me motivated.

My original plan was just to write my reviews and post them in the appropriate episode threads. I may do that also, but this will be nice to have a place to discuss. Great idea guys!

So... 214 episodes? We should finish sometime in the summer of 2009.
                            This sounds like a great way to spend the next couple of years...hehehehe
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Awesomeness count me in
                              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X