This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moebius? any info?

so, anyone know anything about moebius, apart from it's being the title of the last two parter, and is written by joe mallozi and paul mullie, and the mathmatical stuff?
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

ok, i said this on another thread but, knowing the habit stargate has of having episode titles with double or even triple meaning,s i plugged moebius into google and got (apart from the moebius strip, which we all know about)

a comic book/fantasy artist also know as jean giraud (and costume designer for Alien), fascianted with crystals

Moebius syndrome, a disorder in which people have facial paralysis and can't smile or frown (funnily enough, i've been walking past a poster for this the last week or so...wierd coincidence)

and the MOEBIUS project..MObile Experimantal Broadband Interconnection Using Satellites...based at helsinki..sounds like something sam would work on

and..a one-woman consulting business in systems thinking in the computer industry, with this quote A systems architecture provides a structure in which (other) realities can be created (too). (sounds like an AU to me)

It could be that none of these are relevant, but you never know with stargate writers...

Comment

[QUOTE=michelleb]
      Moebius syndrome, a disorder in which people have facial paralysis and can't smile or frown (funnily enough, i've been walking past a poster for this the last week or so...wierd coincidence)
      [QUOTE]

Wow... that'd be either really funny or really sad if it was this one. Or terribly funny (so terrible that it's actually funny). Alien virus anyone?

No, actually, on second thought- that would make me cry.
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Well surely they wouldn't give us all of SG-1 getting facial paralysis for possibly the last episode of Stargate! Although the thought rather amuses me! LOL!

I think Gateworld's analysis is telling....
        Moebius is a one-sided geometric surface that is created by rotating one end 180 degrees and joining it to the rectangle's opposide end. The result is a single surface that, if travelled, would go on forever like a loop.

Speculative spoilers for Moebius....
        The first thing I thought of was the last episode of Trek:TNG - "All Good Things" where they kept jumping back and forth thru time. Maybe Jack will be jumping back and forth in a loop, get together with Sam, and then see them divorced (a la Picard/Crusher). Voila! They'll please everyone. (Just kidding)

The fact that Joe Acovone (Kawalsky) is back for a two-parter (I'm guessing this one) means its AU or time-travel or something. Remember how they brought back Denise Crosby for that final Trek episode?? We could see a lot of old faces back - Janet, Apophis, etc.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

maybe they get the ancient time loop thing working from window of opertunity go back to before the acients left earth, tell them we know how to get it to work so thay can go back and stop them selfs from waking up the wraith and getting the virus. they will be so greatfull they kill the goauld for us, so in one stroke make all humans happy everywhere and kill SG: atlantis.

which would mean while all of sg-1 happens it would make sg:a null since they never awoke the wraith and we will never have gotten to meet STEVE!! to make all the steve fans happy so we know he is still asleep somewhere and alive!

Comment

A loop that travels continuously, never-ending....

Sounds like the perfect way to end a show. They keep on travelling...

...orrrrrrrrrr...even better...the show never ends and just keeps on going ad infinitum.

But somehow I won't hold my breath on that latter option.

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
              A loop that travels continuously, never-ending....

Sounds like the perfect way to end a show. They keep on travelling...

...orrrrrrrrrr...even better...the show never ends and just keeps on going ad infinitum.

But somehow I won't hold my breath on that latter option.

Albion
              what, you mean like the end of quantum leap, where they say 'sam beckett never did find the leap home'...that was so sad, i cried for at least five minutes ( hey, i still cry over janet's death). but yeah, if it involves any kind of time loop ar AU, they should bring back janet. or, if it is a Moebius loop they're talking about, and kawalsky is in it, they could be time travelling back to the beginning

Comment

This sounds like the Aschen are coming back .

Comment

what if they have to go back to the past and make the past 8 years happen? thus creating an endless loop

course, that would be like teh ending of quantum leap....which sucked.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    what if they have to go back to the past and make the past 8 years happen? thus creating an endless loop

course, that would be like teh ending of quantum leap....which sucked.
                    I know this is off-topic but I never saw the ending of quantum leap --I kind of stopped watching the show before it got to that point. I knew he didn't get to leap home but are you saying there was some sort of loop created where he was doomed to repeat the same leaps over and over???

OMG that really does suck if that's what happened.

I hope the writers of Stargate don't decide to homage Quantum Leap!
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Something I found of interest in a bio of Moebius:

In 1815 Möbius wrote his doctoral thesis on The occultation of fixed stars and began work on his Habilitation thesis. In fact while he was writing this thesis there was an attempt to draft him into the Prussian army. Möbius wrote

occultation: Occultation is the concealing of one heavenly body by another, as for example of a star by a planet.
                      http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~his...ns/Mobius.html

Just something else to think about (it is along the lines of Sam's specialty.)
                      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                        so, anyone know anything about moebius, apart from it's being the title of the last two parter, and is written by joe mallozi and paul mullie, and the mathmatical stuff?
                        Who says its the LAST two parter? We have no idea whether or not there will be a season 9 yet. So don't jump to conclusions and don't scare people.

Sheesh.

Comment

Seems like M&M are writing both the SG-1 2-part season finale as the Atlantis 2-part season finale. Although Moebius part 2 could still be written by someone else, like RCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
                            Who says its the LAST two parter? We have no idea whether or not there will be a season 9 yet. So don't jump to conclusions and don't scare people.

Sheesh.
                            The general consensus from both fans and the crew is that this is likely the last season, so don't jump on people for going with the signs. Like it or not, SG-1 is going to end eventually. No use getting bent out of shape or accusing anyone of "scaring people" by pointing to the writing on the wall.

Sheesh.
                            Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan

Sheesh.
                              True. MGM, no, wait, Sony (the latest boss and they'll probably get bought out by someone else some day) hasn't said anything. As I recall, it's usally in the Fall (Sep/Oct) that they make these decisions, plus contracts have to be hammered out, and it's that $$ thing too.

Interesting how there's a derivation on the spelling too. The major dictionaries define it as Mobius, after August Ferdinand Möbius (1790–1868), a German mathematician.

Unless they're naming the episode after Jean Giraud, a French comic artist, who also works under the psueonyms of Gir and Mœbius.

Comment

Working...
                              X