PDA

View Full Version : Possibly fake spoilers for "Adrift" and "Lifeline"

Vala_M
March 12th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I am on Wikipedia and several times now, anon users have submitted summaries like:

"McKay dies saving Atlantis" for Adrift

and

"After dying in "Adrift", McKay is brought back to life using Ancient technology and is missing the "spark of life/soul" that normal people have". Of course, I think this is fake but it has been submitted several times now and always referenced as being stated in a "German TV interview".

So, is this fake or was there any German TV interview at all?

I just find it ominous that is has been submitted numerous times, vandalism is usually different every time.

Vala,

Daniel Jackson
March 12th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I think that's a valid plot. The producers may wish to lead the audience into believing that Dr. McKay is killed off in the season premiere. Season finales and premieres is usually when a character is written out of a TV series, so that may be what they're aiming for. Then, in the next episode, they have McKay come back to life for a character arc where he has to regain his passion for life, I guess you could call it.

Jarnin
March 12th, 2007, 09:34 PM
If the people who are stating this on Wikipedia aren't citing their references, considered it rumor.

I just checked Wikipedia, and I'm not seeing what you're talking about... Could you provide a link?

genius21
March 13th, 2007, 03:11 AM
so if mackay dies and then returns without a spark he would be a asguard those guys have no emotions a spark or passion

Vala_M
March 13th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Here is the "Adrift" page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Adrift_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&oldid=105388776

And the "Lifeline" page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&oldid=105442427
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&oldid=106888996

The edits were undone but you can still view them in the edit history.

They are credited as being stated in a "German TV interview" but no link is given. I did an IP trace and found that the person(s) who submitted this live in Germany.

Vala,

RepliHawk
March 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM

and

"After dying in "Adrift", McKay is brought back to life using Ancient technology and is missing the "spark of life/soul" that normal people have". Of course, I think this is fake but it has been submitted several times now and always referenced as being stated in a "German TV interview".

Well hopefully it is a fake because I dont want to see McKay die

Skydiver
March 13th, 2007, 09:12 AM
personally, i consider wiki to be totally useless unless they give their source. anyone can make up anything thus it's nothing more than baseless rumors until a responsible source says otherwise

mcbarr
March 13th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Well hopefully it is a fake because I dont want to see McKay die

... or miss the "spark of life/soul" that normal people have. If this is true, someone is really sabotaging the show. :(

Gatebunny
March 13th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Heh, they should supply big old bags of salt alongside wiki so everyone could take a big old pinch when reading stuff posted there...

Until there are sources, I take everything on wiki as hearsay and rumour. :)

Vala_M
March 13th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I normally don't believe the stuff submitted there like that but the fact that it was submitted more than once by different people makes me wonder.

And to any Germans out there, was ther even any Stargate TV interview in Germany?

Vala,

J_B
March 13th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I normally don't believe the stuff submitted there like that but the fact that it was submitted more than once by different people makes me wonder.

And to any Germans out there, was ther even any Stargate TV interview in Germany?

Vala,

Lol, Germany is a pretty big place you know!

It could have been via on online site such as SG-P. It could have been in a newspaper, magazine or tv show etc.

Therefore I could say to any Americans our Canadians out there. Was there this interview ot that. Being that there are many outlets in various cities, then a lot will have no idea.

Hence, if there was in interview in Munich, then someone from another part of the country would have no idea especially if it was on a local station etc.

Night Spring
March 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't trust this unless the source is identified more specifically -- "so-and-so said this on program X aired by network Y on DATE."

PG15
March 13th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I call BS on this.

Vala_M
March 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
You never know. I hear crazy spoilers about the Ori before season 9 aired that turned out to be true, at least to some degree.

I heard something about the Ori having planet sized gates, I didn't believe it but it turned out to be ship sized gates.

Vala,

prion
March 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I am on Wikipedia and several times now, anon users have submitted summaries like:

and

So, is this fake or was there any German TV interview at all?

I just find it ominous that is has been submitted numerous times, vandalism is usually different every time.

Vala,

Uh, I don't trust Wikipedia. I always verify on another source first. It's too easy for people to vandalize.

rien
March 26th, 2007, 08:05 PM
most of the information provided by wikipedia is useful but there are some oddballs who post totally untrue/misleading information.

example: sharks are fish but one of my friends at uni is convinced that they are mammals and used his wiki account to edit the article about sharks to say that they are mammals. no idea if it been changed back yet but just goes to show how wikipedia can be used to spread untruths to innocent shark fans.........and other fans

anyhow i would see what gateworld posts about the episode then see whether it matches up

Geral
March 26th, 2007, 09:59 PM
No doubt trolls who are trying to start rumors. It is wikipedia after all.

Mister Oragahn
March 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Didn't Wiki have 50% of the rumours for Unending true?

Adrift - McKay dies. In his life heartbeats, he manages to write the ultimate equation of his life.
Lifeline - Just kiddin'. He's alive, thanks to an ancient coffee machine that revived me.

marty2006
March 27th, 2007, 09:51 AM
cmon now if mckay looses the spark of life whos guna sit and argue 24/7 with carter when she arrives

mizzoueng
March 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM
i haven't seen all of the second half of atlantis, so tell me if I'm wrong.

Scifi has been airing a lot of commericals about Atlantis. Recently I've seen one fast clip of McKay waking up in some type of tube that is filled with what looks like water. Maybe this is from Return 2 and I forgot, but it could SOMEWHAT verify this.

Ravroz
March 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I don't personally trust the information. I mean losing McKay would be a massive blow to the show. Also if they really do loose Weir that would be a pretty big blow as well. However if the whole thing is true that could be pretty interesting. But they did the exact same thing in Startrek Voyager. Neelix was brought back to life and had to regaine his spark for life.