Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/arts/story.html?id=64c403f8-a7af-479a-a352-838958e2d328

The latest holiday movie to be shot here, Insight's Under The Mistletoe, goes to camera next Wednesday.

In his downtime from shooting Stargate SG-1, buff actor Michael Shanks, who plays Dr. Daniel Jackson on the show, stars with Jaime Ray Newman, who plays Lt. Laura Cadman on Stargate: Atlantis. (She was also Kristina Carter Cassadine on General Hospital and in real life is a jazz singer and heads a soul/funk/rock band in L.A.).
    It's the story of a man killed in a car accident while driving home with his wife and son and their Christmas tree.
    His family survives but has trouble coping with his death.
    But then, from above, he helps his son cope and his widow find new love.

SueS found this and posted at Sony; thanks for link Sue!
    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

ACTOR: JAIMIE RAY NEWMAN

Originally posted by Suebsg9
      http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/arts/story.html?id=64c403f8-a7af-479a-a352-838958e2d328

The latest holiday movie to be shot here, Insight's Under The Mistletoe, goes to camera next Wednesday.

In his downtime from shooting Stargate SG-1, buff actor Michael Shanks, who plays Dr. Daniel Jackson on the show, stars with Jaime Ray Newman, who plays Lt. Laura Cadman on Stargate: Atlantis. (She was also Kristina Carter Cassadine on General Hospital and in real life is a jazz singer and heads a soul/funk/rock band in L.A.).
      It's the story of a man killed in a car accident while driving home with his wife and son and their Christmas tree.
      His family survives but has trouble coping with his death.
      But then, from above, he helps his son cope and his widow find new love.

SueS found this and posted at Sony; thanks for link Sue!
      Heh, just highlighting Jamie as it's easy to get blinded by your cool version of the Michael Shanks image from SciFi. Fans have done wonders with those images!

Comment

SG1 - DragonCon 2006 - Erick Avari BiographyErick Avari Biography

From DragonCon 2006:

http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_Guest_Detail.php?id=1495

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

GUESTS

Erick Avari

It’s no surprise that Erick Avari has deftly adapted himself to roles that span a range of more that two dozen ethnicities: that is, if you call Bajoran and Klingon “ethnicities”. His childhood in Darjeeling, a mystically beautiful Himalayan town in northern Indian, uniquely prepared him for a career that has taken him from the cricket field to outer space and back several times. The town is a crossroads for people from Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and other exotic locales as well as a favorite vacation spot for aristocratic Europeans and, in the 1960s and ’70s, a required stop for youthful Americans and Australians on the so-called "hippie trail".

© Copyright 2004/05 DCI, Inc

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

DragonCon 2006:

http://www.dragoncon.org/index.php

Where: Atlanta, GA
        When: September 1-4, 2006

Guests include:

Erick Avari
        Adam Baldwin
        Don S. Davis
        Bill Dow
        Gary Jones
        Christopher Judge
        Brandy Ledford
        Rachel Luttrell
        Claire Rankin
        Michael Rooker
        Cliff Simon

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Richard Dean Anderson mini-interview

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=37128

12:00 AM, 18-JULY-06

SG-1's Anderson Back In Saddle

**snippage**

Anderson's O'Neill returns in the show's upcoming 200th episode, and he will also make special guest appearances in a number of additional episodes of both SG-1 and its spinoff series, Stargate Atlantis. "It was by invitation only," Anderson joked. "[Executive producers] Brad [Wright] and Robert [C. Cooper] both called me, independent of each other. I don't know if they knew that. Of course they did: They collaborate on everything. But they called and asked if I'd be interested in ... being part of the 200th episode, and ... I wouldn't miss that. It's a milestone. As you may have heard tonight, it's a record [for an American SF show]. Two different kinds of records, and I think Guinness wants a part of us, too. But yeah, I was fine with that. I wouldn't have missed that for anything. And then the four more episodes were negotiated, I guess, to be fair about it, and it all fell into place. And I was ready to come back and see the folk. If they hadn't invited me to come back to work for a little while, I would have been up there anyway vacationing and checking in with everybody. In fact, my daughter and I, Wylie and I are leaving tomorrow to go back up there. We're going to go up to a friend's cabin and spend some time north of Vancouver."

**snippage**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Actor Garry Chalk (Col. Chekov) was in the series premiere of "Eureka" tonight on the SciFi Channel.

Oh, and Salli Richardson, a series co-star, was the original Drey'auc in Bloodlines.

Morjana
            Last edited by morjana; 18 July 2006, 09:48 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

ACTOR: GARWIN SANFORD
              Times applicable: upcoming, date unknown

Garwin, who played Narim in SG1 and Simon in SGA, will be in an upcoming episode of EUREKA on Scifi, which airs Tuesday nights at 9pm

PS for PAST Appearances, folks can post sightings at the SIGHTINGS thread at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8244

This thread is designed for upcoming TV/film appearances

Comment

Re: BEAU BRIDGES:

From Playback Magazine (Toronto, Canada):

http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/...tv.html?page=2

**major snippage**

Beau Bridges is quoted in an article about "Drama demand fuels B.C. TV boom":

And actors who come north to work are positive about the experience.

"I love working in Canada, especially Vancouver," said Beau Bridges, who stars in Stargate SG-1, at a celebration for the series' 200th episode earlier this year at The Bridge Studios in Burnaby. "You've got world-class skiing an hour away, and you've got some of the best restaurants in the world. [It's] so cosmopolitan. I'm like on vacation here."

Copyright © 1986-2006 Brunico Communications Inc.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Here is an update from the CEO of Timeless Destinations Regarding SlackTwaddle's Women of Scifi Calendar Signings

Hi Everyone:

As per the Business Manager for the Women of Sci-Fi Calendar,
                  Michael & Chris will be there on Saturday & Sunday as planned.
                  I have now been informed that Lexa Doig will be joining Michael
                  both days. On Sunday during the signing session, we can expect
                  2 to 3 more of the actresses from the calendar to join Lexa
                  Doig, Michael Shanks & Christopher Judge for signing the calendar.

Bill Wanstrom
                  TD2006
                  http://www.timelessdestinations.com
                  ______
                  Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

SG1 - Guest actors co-star in ABC Family's "Fallen" - July 23

From Zap2It:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-pa...news-headlines

'Fallen' Takes Wing
                    By Karl J. Paloucek, Zap2it
                    July 11 2006

Paul Wesley on 'Fallen'Paul Wesley has appeared in many acclaimed prime-time series, but with his role as Aaron Corbett in ABC Family's "Fallen," he's glad for the chance to spread his wings and reach for the sky.

The two-hour film, which premieres Sunday, July 23, is based on the popular young-adult books by Thomas E. Sniegoski and focuses on 18-year-old Aaron, who with the help of the homeless but extraordinarily insightful Zeke (Tom Skerritt), begins to discover that he's part angel. He also finds out that he and his family are earmarked for destruction by full angels. Fernanda Andrade, Alex Ferris, Chelah Horsdal ("Stargate: SG-1" [Lt. Womack in several episodes and the upcoming "Pegasus Project"), Lisa Lackey ("Flipper"), Russell Porter ("Urban Rush") and Rick Worthy ("Star Trek: Enterprise" [also guest starred in SG1's "The Warrior"]) also star.

"Aaron is trying to find himself," Wesley explains. "He's an orphan,

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

ACTOR: TERYL ROTHERY (SG-1'S Dr Fraiser)

TV MOVIE: Shattered Hearts (1998), 120 mins.

Mothers offer each other emotional support when one's daughter runs off with the other's dying son.

Cast: Adrienne Barbeau, Beth Broderick, Scott Vickaryous, Katie Harrod, Malcolm Stewart, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Aaron Smolinski, Teryl Rothery...
                      Director: James A. Contner.

LIFETIME: Sat Jul 22 05:00pm

TV MOVIE: The Accident: A Moment of Truth Movie (1997), 105 Mins.

A teen, charged with manslaughter in a drunken driving crash that killed her best friend, uses alcohol to cope.

Cast: Bonnie Root, Donna Bullock, Matt McCoy, Teddi Siddall, Deanna Milligan, Marisa Rudiak, Kim Warnat, Scott Vickaryous, Teryl Rothery...
                      • Lifetime Movie Network: Sat Jul 22 5:00pm
                      • Lifetime Movie Network: Sun Jul 23 8:05am

TV MOVIE: Stand Against Fear: A Moment of Truth Movie (1996), 120 mins.

Parents face community pressure when their cheerleader daughter accuses high-school football players of molestation.

Cast: Shanna Reed, Sarah Chalke, Josh Taylor, Lochlyn Munro, Gwynyth Walsh, Garry Chalk, Jason Nash, Marcus Turner, Brigitta Dau, Gaetana Korbin, Kirby Morrow, Alandra, James Crescenzo, Terry David Mulligan, Malcolm Stewart, Teryl Rothery.
                      • LIFETIME: Jul 28 03:00pm

TV MOVIE: Silencing Mary (1998), 120 mins.

A collegian crusades when the school's star football player goes unpunished for raping her roommate.

Cast: Melissa Joan Hart, Lisa Dean Ryan, James McDaniel, Peter MacNicol, Josh Hopkins, Corin Nemec, Lochlyn Munro, Teryl Rothery...
                      • LIFETIME: Jul 30 10:00am

TV MOVIE: Crimes of Passion: I Know What You Did (1998), 111 mins.

A defense attorney kills a rapist, then must keep the deed secret from her detective boyfriend.

Cast: Rosanna Arquette, Steven Eckholdt, Lochlyn Munro, Fulvio Cecere, Garry Chalk, Christine Lippa, Teryl Rothery....
                      • Lifetime Movie Network: Jul 31 5:00pm
                      • LMN: Aug 01 9:42am

all times Pacific Daylight Time (check local listings)

Comment

I swear, Teryl Rothery had appeared in more LIFETIME movies than anyone else!

Comment

Heh. That's what I thought, too, as I was copying those listings.

Supposedly, TR was also in Episodes 1 and 3 of Kyle XY, but I missed those. Yahoo!TV isn't so good about television series guest actors.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            Heh. That's what I thought, too, as I was copying those listings.

Supposedly, TR was also in Episodes 1 and 3 of Kyle XY, but I missed those. Yahoo!TV isn't so good about television series guest actors.

They used to be better, but alas, seemed to have cut back

Comment

News on Kevan Ohtsji (Lord Yu''s First Prime, Oshu):

From Digitally Obsessed:

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...elease&ID=6918

Live Feed

PRESS RELEASE

MTI TO RELEASE TWO VERSIONS OF THE grUesome horror film

Live Feed

Rated & Unrated Feature to Debut on DVD September 26, 2006!

For Immediate Release:

Miami, Florida, July 21, 2006 – In Live Feed, five young adults find themselves in a fight for their lives... pitted against evil itself! The horror film will be available in both unrated and r-rated versions September 26, 2006 (prebook: September 5, 2006), from MTI Home Video, North America's largest, truly-independent, home entertainment studio, and their Studio Partner, Redrum Entertainment – the company known for giving thrills and the chills, a little bloody murder, a little horror and a lot of suspense, all with a great twist!

In the film, five young adults are about to find themselves in a fight for their lives, pitted against evil itself! While on vacation in a foreign city, one of them makes a seemingly innocent albeit ignorant mistake and soon everyone will realize the cost of such an inconsequential action. A stranger appears to help them, but is this too little, too late?

Live Feed stars Kevan Ohtsji (Stargate SG-1, Elektra), Taayla Markell (The "L" Word, Dark Angel), Rob Scattergood (Torched, Intercessor), Stephen Chang (Killer Instinct, Fatal Reunion), Caroline Chojnacki, Lee Tichon, Ashley Schappert, Greg Chan (Da Vinci's Inquest, Once a Thief), and Colin Foo (The Unprofessionals, Masters of Horror).

The film was written, directed and produced by award-winning special effects artist, Ryan Nicholson (Torched, Hell Hath No Fury), with his father, Roy Nicholson also writing.

The DVD will be shown in 16:9 widescreen format, with interactive menus, scene selection, trailers, optional Spanish subtitles, along with the "Richmond Night Market Promo" spot, a behind-the-blood: The Making of Live Feed, deleted scenes, alternate scenes and alternate ending, "Womb Service" – the movie within the movie (on the unrated version only) and director & cast commentary (on the unrated version only).

DETAILS:

VHS: not available
                              DVD: $24.95 SRP
                              RATED: R and Unrated versions
                              RUNNING TIME: 77 minutes (R) and 82 (unrated)
                              GENRE: Horror
                              PREMIERES: DVD
                              STREET: September 26, 2006
                              PREORDER: September 5, 2006

Now in their 23rd year, MTI Home Video is a full service independent motion picture studio that produces and distributes feature films to the domestic marketplace. Based in Miami, Florida, the independent releases in excess of forty films each year in conjunction with their six Studio Partners. For more information, please visit www.mtivideo.com.

http://www.livefeedthemovie.com/

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana
                              Last edited by morjana; 10 July 2007, 10:35 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

News for actor Ben Bass (The Curse) and director Holly Dale (SGA):

From Digitablly Obsessed:

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...elease&ID=6919

Bliss

PRESS RELEASE

MTI Home Video to release the

second season of the award-winning

Oxygen Network Original Series

Bliss

The Complete Unedited Second Season will be Available Exclusively on DVD September 26, 2006!

For IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Miami, Florida — (July 21, 2006) MTI Home Video, North America's largest and truly-independent home entertainment studio, will release the second season of the award-winning Oxygen Network original series, Bliss, on September 26, 2006 (prebook: September 6, 2006). The late-night anthology series will get your motor running with eight new episodes on DVD for the first time!

Written by women, produced by women, created by women, and directed by women, the full-length DVD features eight episodes of the best of women's erotic fiction, creating a diverse, edgy and provocative drama that honestly explores women's sexuality. Bliss is co-produced by Galafilm of Montreal and Back Alley Productions of Toronto.

The DVD features Ben Bass (Queer As Folk, Monk), Bob Cryer (Highlander, Jake 2.0), Jennifer Podemski (Wild Card, Degrassi: The Next Generation), Allen Altman (Revenge, Paradise Falls), Thea Gill (Dante's Cove, Queer As Folk), Troy Ruptash (JAG, Boston Public), Wendel Meldrum (A Mighty Wind, Seinfeld), Sherry Miller (Queer As Folk, Lucky Girl), Mark Taylor (Instant Star, Drop the Beat), Gianpaolo Venuta (Naked Josh, Live Through This), Lynda Boyd (Cold Squad, Reflection), Lauren Evans (Children's Hospital), Liliana Komorowska (Joan of Arc, The Hunger), Cara Pifko (This is Wonderland, The In-Laws), Kelly Ricard (The Hunger, Walker), Andrew Tarbet (Naked Josh, The Associates), David Cook (Urban Legends: Final Cut, Tracks), Rachel Hayward (Jake 2.0, Andromeda), Linda Tomassone (See Jane Date, The Reagans), Shannon Lawson (The City, Sleeping Dogs Lie), Alan Van Sprang (G-Spot, La Femme Nikita), Danny Gilmore (The Hunger, Saved by the Belles), Raven Dauda (Paradise Falls, Wild, Card), Raven Dauda (Flirting with Danger, Riders), and Kevin Woodhouse (Secret Window, Time Bomb).

The second season was written by Laurie Finstad-Knizhnik (Man with a Gun), Carol Lazare, Maureen McKeon (The Associates), Sheila Prescott-Vessey (The Saddle Club), Sharon Riis (Loyalties, The Wake), Cathleen Bond, Janis Cole (Calling the Shots), Laura Kosterski (Naked Josh), Jackie May (Atomic Betty), Susan Musgrave (Heroines), and Katherine Schlemmer (Learning to Swim). The series was directed by Holly Dale (Stargate: Atlantis, The Collector), Adrienne Mitchell (Straight Up, Drop the Beat), Sylvie Rosenthal (La Bombe au chocolat), Lynne Stopkewich (The Life), Jane Thompson (Madison), Ghyslaine Côté (Elles étaient cinq), Anais Granofsky (Have Mercy), and Marni Banack (Radio Free Roscoe).

The single disc DVD release will include eight complete full-length unedited episodes, and will be shown in full screen format, with interactive menus, scene selection, optional Spanish subtitles and trailer.

Bliss

VHS: not available
                                DVD: $24.95 SRP
                                RATED: Not Rated
                                RUNNING TIME: 184 minutes
                                GENRE: Drama
                                PREMIERES: Oxygen Network
                                STREET: September 26, 2006
                                PREORDER: September 6, 2006

Now in their 23rd year, MTI Home Video is a full service independent motion picture studio that produces and distributes feature films to the domestic marketplace. Based in Miami, Florida, the independent releases in excess of forty films each year in conjunction with their six Studio Partners. For more information, please visit www.mtivideo.com.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X