Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tapwave Zodiac controls the naquadah generator!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tapwave Zodiac controls the naquadah generator!

Hey there!

The creative types for Stargate Atlantis have used the neatest fully-functional pda/multimedia player to power on the naquadah generator in "Hide and Seek"! Well, I thought that was neat!

To compare, the Zodiac is at www.tapwave.com. Some keen-eyed Zodiac owners captured its bit part at the following links:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...ble/zodiac.jpg http://www.f-tp.com/tapwave_zodiac_on_SG-A.avi

Just thought I'd share a little about SG technology!

SGA fans' ages poll

McKay through it through the stargate!!! Now it's in a barren wasteland ...lol

Comment

Selmak-

Do you think they had more than just that one naquadah generator? Maybe they'll use 'em some more in future episodes, which will give Tapwave some more "product placement" opportunities (even though it wasn't used as intended)! I wonder if someone liked playing video games on the set and saw that the Zodiac looked high-tech enough to incorporate as a prop?

Does the naquadah generator come in different configurations, so not all of them will be controlled by a pda? Do you think the generator will be added to the "Tech" section at scifi.com?

Have you seen other consumer products that were 'modified' from their intended use to be a prop in the SG world? Just curious.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Yeah. Also McKay's handheld is an HP iPaq 5555, some of the technicians use an Dell Axim X3 with full size keyboard, and the ancient mobile 'tricorder' is an HP iPaq 5555 (probably actualy IS the same prop as McKay used) with a semi-clear plastic case.

I am happy to see that not just Dell technology is in this series.

Comment

Whoa! You must really know your handhelds! Is the 'tricorder' the thing Sheppard used to locate the captives on the Wraith planet? I was trying to see if I could recognize it, and I figured they'd use something that already had a screen on it, but I think the clear case distracted me. Do you happen to have any screenshots of those props?

Scifi, mgm, or some SGA fan should get into the technical details of the show and have item descriptions with pictures of the various instruments that are used in the show, like an expansion of the Tech section at scifi.com, even if 'common' technology or items are used. But instead of referring to the controller of the naquadah generator as the Tapwave Zodiac, just give it its "in-character" name and function (with maybe its real-world name and use given if people wanted to see how creative the prop people are). Or, if such a place in cyberspace exists already, could you point me to it?

It's just a minor detail compared to the actual plot, but to me, it's fun to see what they use for props!

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Yes... the "tricorder" was the ancient PDA thing found in the puddle jumper. It seemed to bulky to be something that the ancients created... your Zodiac thing is much smaller than it is.

Comment

But Your Zodiac Doesnt Have Radar On It!!!!

Comment

Well, I guess the GPS add-on won't help much either...

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Originally posted by ImportRacer
                  But Your Zodiac Doesnt Have Radar On It!!!!
                  Yeah, in the Pegasus galaxy... But wait! On SG-1, the "Zero Hour" episode showed Carter scanning or using some sort of detector in the background before some rings appeared while Teal'c was using some wrist device, and guess what Carter used?

Another Tapwave Zodiac!!!

So the Zodiac has been shown on both shows.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Working...
                  X