Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woah really you're very very smart ! [Ok, the dvd helps u lol] anyway, I hope u'll be able to translate to us the ancients dialecte that we'll see during both season, especially this friday with the 2 hours premiere of atlantis !

Thx aigain and nice work
    - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
    - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
    - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
      I should learn the ancient alphabet by heart and start writing my school work in ancient. That would really throw my teachers for a loop lol.
      Simplier yet, start making an Ancient true type font and write your papers in it

EDIT: Posted this before I saw the replies about the fonts.

Comment

Ok, I got a prototype version done. I left the missing letters alone, unless someone can fill in the missing letters for me. Now is about the time I wish I had a website to post files. Oh well. I can e-mail to anyone who wants it. I can only send it when I am home, so you may have to wait depending on when you PM me.

I make no garauntees on the quality of the font.

EDIT 10:40 EST: OK, tired, have to get up early tomorrow for work. Those of you who want it will have to wait, or find the two people I sent it to already and ask them for it. I'll be back tomorrow around 6:30 PM.... ish.
        Last edited by VirtualCLD; 15 July 2004, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Can't you attach files to the thread?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
            Ok, I got a prototype version done. I left the missing letters alone, unless someone can fill in the missing letters for me. Now is about the time I wish I had a website to post files. Oh well. I can e-mail to anyone who wants it. I can only send it when I am home, so you may have to wait depending on when you PM me.

I make no garauntees on the quality of the font.

EDIT 10:40 EST: OK, tired, have to get up early tomorrow for work. Those of you who want it will have to wait, or find the two people I sent it to already and ask them for it. I'll be back tomorrow around 6:30 PM.... ish.
            You are AWESOME!! Now my teachers will be stupified and I will be the smarter!!! Muwhahahahaha(or maybe I'm just crazy).

Comment

***The Ultimate Ancient Alphabet Post***

NOTE: The Ancient Alphabet only works for Ancient writings found in Atlantis (and even there, not always). It doesn't work for Ancient writings found in SG-1 ("Torment of Tantalus", "Window Of Opportunity", "Fifth Race", "Chimera", "Heroes", "Lost City"... etc.). It is possible that they are older dialects of Ancient since it seems they have the same style but are different.

Ancient letters are found everywhere in Atlantis (stairs, puddle jumpers, computer consoles, door openers). Ancient numbers are found on Atlantis consoles.

**The Ancient Alphabet originally deciphered by sgeureka**
              NOTE: We are missing the letters Q,X,Z.

Ancient Alphabet And Number Chart by Markey2:

Observed Ancient grammar rules:
              1) There are no spaces.
              2) There are no capital or lower case letters.
              3) There is no punctuation.

Atlantis staircase translation: (In some scenes the letters on the stairs appear to be upside down... but are later corrected.)
              01 WE HOLD THESE AS THE TRUTH
              02 A HEARTY WELCOME TO THOSE OF OTHER WORLDS
              03 VISITING OUR HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME (W)ELCOME AGAIN
              04 ABSENCE HAS WEIGHED HEAVILY ON OUR SOULS WE ARE
              05 TO THOSE RETURNING YOU Y HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG AND YOUR
              06 AS WE LEAVE FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT THE LANDS OF
              07 WHOLE AGAIN THAT YOU ARE AMONG US AND WE CELEBRATE YOU BEING HERE AGAIN
              08 OUR NEIGHBOURS AND TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY AS AMBASSADORS IN PEACE TIME
              09 OF OUR PEOPLE TRAVELLERS WITH OPEN HEARTS WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME REFUGEES
              10 INHABITANTS OF THIS WORLD AND ALL WE MAY EVER KNOW WE WILL ALWAYS STRIVE TO
              11 FROM TYRANNY MAY SEEK SHELTER UNDER OUR ROOF AND (?NAT) OUR PEOPLE WILL LAY
              12 DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PROTECT THE WEAK AND THE JUST LET THIS BE OUR PLEDGE TO THOSE
              13 COME IN PEACE AS WE GO IN PEACE AND YOU WILL BE WELCOME ON OUR SITES FOREVERMORE

Puddle Jumper console translation:
              PROTOCOLS MUST BE SET BEFORE LAUNCH
              ATTEMPT GATE REENTRY

There is also a lever in the back portion on the Puddle Jumper that opens that back hatch that says EJECT.

*Here's the comparison of all the fonts to date*

To install the fonts:
              for Windows: unzip the file to C:\Windows\Fonts\.
              for Mac OS X "Panther": unzip the file and double click it, then click install.

Chevron_nine's Font: Times New Ancient

VirtualCLD's Font: Ancient Virtual

WurdBendur's Font: Anquietas

WurdBendur's Font: Ancient Hand
              Last edited by Selmak; 20 August 2004, 12:10 PM. Reason: Font Revision

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                You are AWESOME!! Now my teachers will be stupified and I will be the smarter!!! Muwhahahahaha(or maybe I'm just crazy).
                smarter... I don't know about that... try to type a paper of any length without J,K,U,X,Z.

Comment

Hopefully we can eventually get the remaining letters and then master ancient!!!

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                    anyway, I hope u'll be able to translate to us the ancients dialecte that we'll see during both season, especially this friday with the 2 hours premiere of atlantis !
                    That would be the problem. Officially, I won't be able to watch anything of Atlantis before March 2005 (at the earliest). And download files are of too bad quality to decipher anything.

New stuff I could decipher (in red):

(...E) FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT THE LANDS OF
                    <snip>
                    (...) AND TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY AS AMBASSADORS IN PEACE TIME
                    <snip>
                    (...) WORLD AND ALL WE MAY EVER KNOW WE WILL ALWAYS STRIVE (...)
                    (...) LOST UNDER OUR ROOF AND (KNAT...)

Anyway, I've added the "K" to the letter chart (The new more complete chart is in my first post. I don't know how to add attached files that already exist in other posts, to this post.)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by sgeureka; 16 July 2004, 12:29 AM.
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                      Just playing around with the letters...
                      TO*OCOLS MUST (B)(E) (S)ET BEFORE LA(U)(N)(C)(H)
                      Yes, very close

(...P)ROTOCOLS MUST BE SET BEFORE LAUNCH (...)
                      (...) ATTEMPT GATE REENTRY (*T...)

or something like that
                      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Give these people a DANIEL JACKSON AWARD! This is really cool how you figured it out.

Kind of reminds me of Futurama with it's own alphabet in the show that had many secret messages.
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Hey, this is great work!
                          Anyone got the font already? please mail it to: gcr-dragon 'AT' gmx 'DOT' de (AT = @ and DOT = .)
                          Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Getting a little bit paranoid about spam mail are we?=)

Comment

Nice job at translating. THis is awesome. And yes, you should get some kinda of DJ award. Michael Shanks should arrive at your house to hand you an award, a check, and take a picture, thats what should happen...in theory.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Getting a little bit paranoid about spam mail are we?=)
                                Indeed
                                Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Working...
                                X