The Next Mystery You Want Whedon to Tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Mystery You Want Whedon to Tackle

With Serenity dealing with River's secrets and such, what mystery or character in the Firefly verse do you wish Whedon to write about next (hopefully in a sequel)?

I for one want him write about Inara, dammit I want to find out why in Buddha's name did she leave Sihnon. Not to mention it would be great to see how the other half lives, so far all we have really seen of the core planets have been in a hospital (Shindig doesn't really count since Persephone isn't really a core planet).

People who have been left on the earth that was.

Comment

I would definitely like Book's past to be explored. He obviously has something to hide - and I want to know what!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
        People who have been left on the earth that was.
        Interesting... there was specific mention of people being left behind?

Even if there wasn't I guess it would make sense, probably only those who could afford to leave did.

Comment

I can think of at least 5 different kinds of people that would have been left behind:
          -Criminals, no reason to take them along.
          -Poor people, probably couldn’t afford to leave.
          -People in countries that are not aligned with the US-China Empire, probably don’t have the resources to build enough ships to take everyone.
          -Political dissidents, don’t want trouble makers jeopardizing the governments of the new worlds.
          -People who stay willingly, some people just can’t stand the thought of leaving their homes, and some people may sympathize with the ones left behind and chooses to stay to help them.

Comment

Yes I would like them to go into Earth that was, that seems like an interesting story.

Owen Macri

Comment

The Blue Sun Corporation... who what when why how... Who are the Hands of Blue and why is it when everyone starts to bleed, they don't?
              Ditto on Inara also...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Joss Whedon has already said in an interview that the Blue Hands would've continued to chase River if the series had continued, he had to drop them for the sake of the newbies and create the Operative as the new bad guy. However, if he gets his sequel, Joss would like to reintroduce Blue Sun and the Blue Hands into the 'Verse.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                  I would definitely like Book's past to be explored. He obviously has something to hide - and I want to know what!
                  Couldn't agree more!!

Comment

Inara's story, Blue Sun, Book's story, I'd love to see something to do with Zoe...I just want more!

Comment

^Yup... I'm not ready to let go of Firefly just yet... I still think that there are lots of stories that can be told...

Originally posted by White Knight
                      Joss Whedon has already said in an interview that the Blue Hands would've continued to chase River if the series had continued, he had to drop them for the sake of the newbies and create the Operative as the new bad guy. However, if he gets his sequel, Joss would like to reintroduce Blue Sun and the Blue Hands into the 'Verse.
                      Yay... Wonder if they've got some kind mental ability as well...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I don't think there is any Earth left. It's Earth that WAS - and to me that implies that it stopped being, at some stage. Either exploded or made uninhabitable in a war, perhaps.

But my hope would be that Book gets a look in next. for instance, he might have left an important... somethingorother on Serenity that someone wants, that leaves a clue to something bigger, or... I dunno. But I'd love to know more about him.

Madeleine

Comment

I doubt the earth that was blew up but it's probably really screwed up, toxic air, lots of volcanic activity, but humans are very resilient so there could very well be survivors who are trying to get off the rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            The Blue Sun Corporation... who what when why how... Who are the Hands of Blue and why is it when everyone starts to bleed, they don't?
                            Ditto.

Definitely the Blue Sun Corp. since they seem to be everywhere and on everything. River is probably the only one who doesn't enjoy their products. Some secret government agency probably has their hand in that pot but why?

My copies of the Serenity comic books came in the mail today (which I checked right after seeing Serenity for the second time) Spoilers for the comics
                            Spoiler:
                            Wonder if those where the only two Hands of Blue guys or are there still others out there. Whatever makes them immune to their little killing sticks doesn’t protect them from becoming charcoal briquettes in Serenity’s wake so I see why those two didn’t make an appearance in the movie.

About the immunity….wonder if it has anything to do with the blue gloves and apparent blue body suits they wear under their business suits. They’re obviously not your everyday humans. So where did they come from….

Yep those two would have to be at the top of my list. Course I’d be up for anything if Joss finds a way to continue the story in some form or another.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

The hands of blue guys could have been "successful" experiments from the Academy.

Comment

Working...
                              X