Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th Doctor/Sylvester McCoy Discussion/Appreciation

(Nyah Nyah I beat Creed to it !!!!)
    The Seventh Doctor symbolised what was almost an end of an era and much to our luck he wasn't. He put cariningness of pertwees doctor mixed with the slight madness of C Bakers Doctor and put some magic tricks in the mix aswell. He could be sinister at times but then again he had the rolling rs that saved the day. He had some of the best episodes (The Happiness Patrol is one of my faves.) and he had one of the best companions ever. Ace.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

yep that is ture, he seemed a jumping board for the seris, only the BBC pull the board out from under his. I always though survival was a terrible end.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

IT was a really bad end though. They should have ended rather with an ep like the Greatest Show in the Galaxy. OR better still it should not have ended.

Comment

Curse of the fenic was incredible, and your right I Like the Greatest show in the Galaxy as well, they added a lot of mystery in the Slyvester McCoy year, if they had held their course the show would have been back on top again soon....

Comment

At this id like to point out that really I think they shouldnt have done the 1996 movie as it didnt turn out the way it shouyld have and as a result we ended up getting rid of such a great doctor.

Comment

I disagree the 1996 movie was great, Fox should have put it on at a different time and Avertise.

Comment

I really love the seventh Doctor. Battlefield was the first Who I ever saw and, well, been hooked ever since. Love Ace, she's a great companion. I love the ones that do more besides scream and run. Explosions are awesome! Survival was the only one of his I didn't really like. It was a crappy way to end the series.
              "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Although, I liked Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor, I think they gave him too much control and made him too proactive...a far cry from Hartnell's aimless travels and Troughton's stumbling into danger.

I really liked Delta and the Bannermen, Remembrance of the Daleks, and The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, but no McCoy story ever reached the heights of some of the prior Doctors stories, IMO. Even Davison's best were better these, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                  I disagree the 1996 movie was great, Fox should have put it on at a different time and Avertise.
                  I liked the movie but it had too much American influence and messed too much with the continuity.

Looking back, I can't imagine a television spin-off of this getting high viewing figures with the general audience in America, regardless of time and advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                    Although, I liked Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor, I think they gave him too much control and made him too proactive...a far cry from Hartnell's aimless travels and Troughton's stumbling into danger.

I really liked Delta and the Bannermen, Remembrance of the Daleks, and The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, but no McCoy story ever reached the heights of some of the prior Doctors stories, IMO. Even Davison's best were better these, IMO.
                    I think curse of the fernic did

Comment

I think curse of the fernic did
                      IMO, it gets points for its anti-war message and discussion on the subconscious, but the execution was too hammy and the music during McCoy's era distracted from the scenes rather than enhancing them.

When you're tackling such weighty issues, one slip up can turn it into preachy camp.

Davison's were serious yet less intellectual. McCoy's should have won, but Davison's does IMO, because...despite raising the bar...

...there were slip ups in the execution of McCoy's stories that jarred me right out of the story.

Comment

I never did warm to Paul.

Sylvester well he was grand.
                        I loved everything about him and Ace even the slightly cheesy way he looked at her.

He was fun and funny and reminded me so much of Patrick. I wish he had of been able to play the Doctor longer. Yes some of the stories where less than well excecuted.

I swear when the Daleks took to the stairs I nearly fell off my chair.
                        Actually he made me love Dr Who again. A bit like Chris and Russell have now.

Comment

Sylvester represents my return to Who. After a decade of absence from my TV screen, the Doctor returned in a strange new form. I was seriously jarred: the first episode of season 24 was preceded on ABC by the video clip of KLF and the Timelords 'Doctorin the TARDIS' (a tune I now love), but my naive young mind thought that this was a bizarre new title sequence and that Doctor Who had changed wayyyy too much. Couple that with the lack of Tom Baker's Doctor & scarf (who strangely I had expected), and my initial reaction was less than favourable. Thankfully I continued watching past the first 10 minutes, caught on to what was going on (*slaps forehead, retrospectively*), and was re-hooked.

The end of Sylvester's Doctor represented a tragedy in the Whoniverse for me. New Who has been great, but I have always wished that the Beeb had given McCoy at least another two seasons.

I recommend this article for the edification of all:

http://www.who-central.co.uk/unlimit...20pudding.html

Comment

Hooray for Sylvester! Thanks for that Bomber!
                            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Trivia Question: What character was considered to stay on as a companion to the Seventh Doctor?

Comment

Working...
                              X